main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.06: "Breaking Ranks" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 24, 2014.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Watto

Nice find. :) That's really cool.

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Can we, like, not discuss Episode VII in this thread? That'd be great, since a lot of us are staying out of 7SA for a reason.

3. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Sorry 'bout that.

4. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

Did the markings on those Stormtrooper Cadet helmets remind anyone else of these? :p

5. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    A little bit yeah.

...So many V's. Is this a convention or something. :p

6. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    [face_dunno]Not sure. Maybe a special viewing of the movie or something since I don't recall this scene being in the movie. Love your Rebels posts, BTW. :p

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Huh. That would be something to see though.

Oh, thank you so much. :) I just saw what;s on my mind normally. lol.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  8. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    It was nice to hear Zuko again.

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    And everything changed when the Galactic Empire attacked...

10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    no?

11. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Huh. Not really but that's interesting.

12. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Great episode! I absolutely love the continuation of the kyber crystal plot from Crystal Crisis on Utapau. It's interesting to note that while the Separatist attempt to retrieve the crystal in TCW was a big military operation with Grievous, general of the droid army himself overseeing it, this crystal shipment only had a few ships. I think Palpatine has found a fair number of crystals at this point, so he isn't quite as concerned as he was before about the crystals' safety.

I loved the crystal explosion and how you can see it disintegrating the TIE, however how did it only take Hera a couple shots from the Ghost to destroy it? Granted the cruiser it was on blew up a bit as well, but the one in TCW required a few AATs to shoot at it before it finally exploded. To be fair though, there's always the possibility that this crystal was slightly smaller or something, or perhaps the ship's explosion was enough to destroy the crystal as well.

Seems the Inquisitor isn't hesistating at all at Vader's command to find the children of the Force. I'm hoping we see Dhara later on in the show as some sort of surgically modified and slightly cybernetically enhanced Dark Side Imperial. I'd love to see the Children of the Force plot from TCW continued in Rebels.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Can this be a meme.

Zer0 and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  14. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    It already is.

Zer0 and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I know when everything changed the fire nation attacked or something but the empire I did not.

16. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014

I'm confused. Were they informing the Inquisitor that those children might be force sensitive?

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Nice episode- nothing really bad there. Nice imperial version of Clone Cadets kind of.

+ Continuity with TCW- training reminded me a lot of clone cadets and the box

+ Also Crystal was continuation of TCW- storyline (that was never finished though) and probably bound for Death Star.

+ Zare's sister is a reference to female imperials.

+ Way how Empire detects force sensitivity without making a lot of noise out of the Force explains well how force-sensitives are found out and people like Motti can still think that the Force is trickery of wizards and just an old religion (also that was like right out of my episode idea for rebels :p )

- Face models for imperials aboard the crystal transport makes me wonder why they decided that Empire doesn't clone anymore- they could have simply explained similar face models if Empire would clone- and they wouldn't need to hide their face inside the hat :oops: That looked ridiculous...

- We never saw the face of that "bad cadet" with green marking in his helmet (forgot the name) this together with the previous comment makes me to think that they are tired of animating new face models... (same thing as in TCW though- too much same models)

- Crystal Crisis TCW-episodes never officially came out so many must wonder what the heck that crystal is? I would if I wouldn't have seen the unfinished episodes of Utapau-crisis.

Yes obviously, but they didn't know about it- they were probably only told to send the names of those who portrayed especially well- better than normal good ones, which is sign of the force sensitivity but I'm not sure if they know about the Force being the reason

18. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This was a nice and fun episode i give it 8,5/10 :D
    +Love how it ties into Crystal Crisis :D
    +Like how everything the boy students do is friendly fighting, since that's pretty much how it is IRL :p
    +Loved seeing a little more how the Empire functions from the inside.
    +There is definitely more than one force sensitive in Empire serving Palps and Vader, seeing how the Inquisitor wants to train and recruit some of them.
    +Loved seeing The Inquisitor:D
    +IMO the ending has some dark implications, with the whole ''Let's take a walk'' scene. Seemed like something the Nazis or the mob would say before leading someone to their deaths.
    -That academy seems to be pretty Anti-Teamwork, since they seem to encourage backstabbing your comrades [face_plain]

19. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    -Yeah they killed a defenseless middle-aged farmer couple. That makes them SO competent as soldiers, not.
    -Obi Wan was killed by Vader, so that doesn't really count.
    -Han and Luke DID basically destroy the Death Star on their own. What did we actually SEE the other Rebel fighters do? Get picked off one by one, that's what.

Slater likes this.
  20. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    One thing I liked about this episode that hasn't been explicitly mentioned yet: it's kind of cool that the Inquisitor apparently actually "inquisits", in the sense of actively going around and trying to find out possible Force-sensitives in the population. He's not just a Jedi hunter.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Just watched this one.

Not terrible but not my favorite either.

The training reminded me way too much of The Box, and I did not like The Box.

It took me a few minutes to figure out why the hell Ezra was disguised as a stormtrooper cadet. At least there was some explanation for it, although I would have liked to have seen what led to the decision.

Holy hell, how much of this show are the characters going to spend crawling through pipes?

Looks like all the main characters checked their sense of humor at the door in this episode.

What I liked: the acknowledgement of female Imperials, and the utter creepiness of the Inquisitor just taking people off to never be seen again. And the kyber crystal.

4/10

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

DF even mentions it that they took inspiration from the box for this episode.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  24. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

What led to the decision was Ezra was the only one who could easily pass for a cadet. Hera and Kanan even joke about someone else (Kanan in this case) trying to do it: "Oh yeah, you'd make a great cadet." I do get what you're saying about seeing them make the decision onscreen though, however then they'd have to do a multiple week jump to the actual events, which may not be the best choice.

ifleninwasawizard likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

The empire would have to except cadets Kanas age though so there probably would be a group for Kanan.