main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.07 - Out of Darkness - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 31, 2014.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.7!!
    Out of Darkness
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on WatchDisneyXD.com.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episode air on Monday on Toon Disney. Before that will be streaming. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I can't wait for this episode. :)

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  3. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    This is good timing. Hera and Sabine desperately need more focus given to them.

4. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I wonder what's going to happen for them to end up on their own on what appears to be a desolate and empty planet.

5. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    From the clips Ive seen.
    It seems to take place on an abandoned clone wars republic base

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  6. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That's going to be interesting. Can you imagine if they came across an old holo recording of the battle that took place there? Or people trying to get help from off world, like a clone trooper or something?

7. KINGKONG83

Nov 22, 2004

Yeah ,Thats what Ive been thinking,maybe they come across an old clone or something thats been stranded

8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Wait in the hologram or in real life?

9. KINGKONG83

Nov 22, 2004
    It would really be cool if they found a live one,but holographic recording of something would also be cool,in any case I hope its not just a backdrop that fades into the episode after 5 minutes because its too tantalizing:p

10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah, I completely get what your saying. I hope so too. Maybe this used to be a separatist controlled planet or something but once the Empire took over it was abandoned. And now Batman monsters live there.

KINGKONG83 likes this.
  11. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012

Yeah I was just beginning to think they were very underdeveloped.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am so looking forward to this episode especially were it takes place.

13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Me too.

I want to know how they end up their in the first place.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I want to know why it was abandoned.

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Maybe...

The separatists ran the Clones off of the planet and then the Empire took over after order 66, deemed it inhabitable and they just left everything like a ghost town.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would love to see a recording of a jedi being killed during order 66 there.

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Or a Clone being over run by the separatists and his final moments were recorded.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If thats the case I would like to see a corpse but the animals might have eaten it.

19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    ....uh.

Well, it is halloween.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Spooky.

21. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I wonder how long the base has been abandoned for? I'm assuming it was abandoned sometime during the Clone Wars, however it's possible it was abandoned soon after the Empire was formed before they started transferring over to stormtroopers and new vehicles and weapons.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I think the Empire did not just transition to recruits in a year but about by the time of 5 years after order66.

23. KINGKONG83

Nov 22, 2004
    yeah they probably enlarged their army considerably but exhausted the clones still,probably using the veterans as cadre..

24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It was abandoned after the Clone Wars was officially ended

25. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Like I said on my review of Breaking Ranks which you can read over on that thread I'm really looking forward to this one. I've been waiting for an episode focusing on the two main heroines of the show. I like Hera already as a character however I won't argue the fact that we need to see a little bit of her backstory (which while we got a bit of in A New Dawn still isn't enough and especially for those like me who didn't read it but I have looked up the information on it) and especially also with Sabine as Nash from Radio Dead Air and TGWTG.com said she has potential to be interesting but so far she hasn't got the most development of the cast and really needs it and I agree so hopefully this episode can show them not only grow as characters but also maybe shed a bit of light on their pasts.

I also wonder if the two will bring up the idea of the two men in their lives who they are close to Kanan and Ezra both asking questions to one another about what they think of them because with the few times she's brushed him off we don't really know what Sabine's take on Ezra is does she like him as a friend and is annoyed by his antics as well as his attempts to sweet talk her or is she actually warming up to him but not in the way he's hoping?

Same thing with Kanan and Hera because those two are becoming more like bickering parents more and more and I love it but you can tell there could be something there between them and you know what if they made it interesting and they played off well together than I'd be okay with it and so far they are doing that. But anyway off point looking forward to this one.

yodasbum likes this.