main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.07 - Out of Darkness - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 31, 2014.

1. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    Don't want to rain on anyone's parade but other than the pilot, this episode and so far every other one I've seen..flat-out suck in my opinion...everything feels irrelevant and meaningless to the grand scheme of things and there's too much goofing around....not every episode of clone wars had deep story moments but at least they had great action...i can't say that about this show...I still haven't seen rise of the old masters breaking ranks or empire day...i hope there's something good in these episodes for me because right now watching it feels like a chore...but i WILL keep watching..I do like the characters Sabine & Hera Syndulla..very cool and strong female characters..Ezra is still annoying as hell in my opinion

revan772 and stormcloud8 like this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree with you about Hera, Sabine and Ezra.

Watch Rise of the Old Masters though.

3. ChrisMathersMU

ChrisMathersMU Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2014
    I can't really think of much that hasn't already been said, except for two things.

1 - That whole thing about them having the fuel leak that whole time, landing with a full tank, and then having no fuel at all...well, we all know mynocks like to chew on power cables. Maybe fyrnocks like to chew on fuel lines. And like a shark getting a big fat whiff of blood in the water, for all we know, if a fuel line has a slight leak, maybe the fyrnocks could smell it from a mile away.

2 - I think Fort Anaxes got its name from having a yellow-green sky that looked a lot like the sky on Anaxes.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060126174247/starwars/images/7/7d/Anaxes.jpg

This was my least favorite episode so far. Don't get me wrong, character development is important and all, but this episode seemed mostly devoid of much else. But it's early on, and I get it, they don't want to tell us much up front. Would have been nice to get a bit more backstory on either Fulcrum, Sabine, or the fort. Next episode should be even more interesting. Even just the name of it has got me hype for it.

4. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Looking forward to getting home and watching this episode tonight :D

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Just seen it. Erm, wasn't too keen on it, tbh. Think it was the weakest episode so far.

4/10

6. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    In regards to Pitch Black...

You are correct Sir (or Ma'am).

7. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    I immediately thought Fulcrum sounded like it could be Brent Spiner. It would make sense story wise, so I'll go with that as my prediction.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    If that is aimed at me...

I'm only Danielle on weekends.

9. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I don't have much to say about the episode other than that I'm tired of Chopper. It was an interesting premise to have an ill-tempered version of R2, but his personality just gets tedious. I think it would work better if the audience could relate to his bad attitude, but when a character is just constantly pissed off for no reason, it gets wearisome. For example, Han's cynicism in ANH worked because it often reflected how the audience might feel (not believing the force, wanting to be well-paid, shooting Greedo first... all of that was relatable.) But Chopper? He's downright psychotic. At the beginning of ROTOM, he was basically trying to murder Ezra just because, apparently, he thought it was entertaining. Imagine if, in ANH, Han didn't just make his comment about "no match for a good blaster," but also started trying to seriously injure (or kill) Luke just to prove that the force was silly. It would have taken the character from being a likable cynic to being completely unlikable. And, for me, that's what the writers are doing with Chopper. He wasn't much better in this latest episode, either.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I'm sorry, but I just wanted to say I got a kick out of your comment on Han's cynicsm: (not believing in the Force, wanting to be well paid, shooting Greedo first). You can't be a Star Wars fan if you don't appreciate the nonchalance of a comment like that.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm over Chopper as well.

Quit being an ***hole droid. It stopped being funny after about five minutes.

12. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I liked it. And we finally got some information on Sabine's life. 8/10. This show is growing on me more and more.

13. Save The Children

Save The Children Jedi Padawan

Oct 20, 2014
    How can people give these episodes 9 & 10/10? Think about what 10/10 means.

What did you people rate the original 2D Clone Wars animation?

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    10/10.

Next question?

15. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Overrated.

my kind of scum and Valairy Scot like this.
  16. Acktu Nasrabi

Acktu Nasrabi Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2014
    I wanted to talk about some inconsistencies about how the Phantom docks with the Ghost. In Rise of the old masters we see the phantom docked with back towards the Ghost. However in other episodes like Out of darkness we see that it docks nose first into the Phantom.

When Ezra, Zeb and Chopper doing the diagnostics on the Phantom and we clearly see them inside the Phantom with it's nose pointed outward, not the other way around when we see Hera and Sabine leave the Ghost shortly after.

Does anyone have a clue to what's going on? If the Phantom docks nose into the Ghost, how does the crew disembark? There is either a good explanation as to why it docks in different configurations or this is a big inconsistency in regards to the animation.

stormcloud8 likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Not the sort of thing I pay attention to.

18. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Acktu Nasrabi

Oh thank you, I just mentioned that in the grading thread. that was the only part of the episode that bothered me. It changed positions in it's docking bay twice.

on a seperate note, though, there is a means of entrance and exit through the hatch in the floor of the Phantom which leads to the ladder in the Ghost's common room. that's why Hera's climbing down from it in the next scene after they get back. I've still been trying to hammer out what that room behind the Phantom is. Maybe a storage area of some sort. I know it looks similar to the hall with the crew quarters in it, but they're two separate areas, at least that's my opinion.

19. Save The Children

Save The Children Jedi Padawan

Oct 20, 2014
    When is the first story arc going to begin?

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Next episode.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  22. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    I just saw Empire Day early On Demand...and it was AWESOME! No spoilers but this is the juiciest episode in terms of substance yet...it left me mouth watering for more...watching breaking ranks and rise of the old masters tonight

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    2 parter.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ah, OK. I can do that depending on what it's about.

Keep the fun banter and don't get into all this suffocating headache-worthy philosophical ****.

And don't let the Inquisitor get captured by pirates.

25. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I liked this one a lot. Great atmosphere and I loved the whole asteroid set-up (with all those great light/night visuals). Interesting stuff on Sabine and I'm looking forward to learning more about her background.

Time to jettison Chopper out the airlock. He's actively trying to get the rest of the crew killed.