main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.07 - Out of Darkness - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 31, 2014.

1. Save The Children

Save The Children Jedi Padawan

Oct 20, 2014
    No thinking and no story allowed. Got it.

Its not like Star Wars is for anyone >12, cant see how it could hurt.

revan772 likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It's not like anyone could possibly have different taste without being met with condescension. Got it.

I am sure that wanting to be entertained and not wanting srs bsns in my cartoons makes me stoooopid and all. However...

Lots of us have different tastes and have disagreements around here without insinuating or outright stating that anyone who disagrees is a moron. That has made for some very fun and interesting discussions. 'You are a ****ing idiot/you need to grow up if you have different taste' just makes the forum a nasty place.

When you came in and asked how anyone could possibly like this episode, did you really want to know, or were you just interested in insulting people who liked it? Honest question.

3. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Looking forward to Empire Day most of all but today is this one's first showing in the UK. It should be recorded on my Sky+HD box by the time I get home tonight...

4. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Might have worked better if for example it was damaged whilst they were out in the open looking for the supplies and to make it more interesting reveal an Imperial Shuttle inside the hangar where it had been dragged providing evidence that Fort Anaxes was both inhabited and very dangerous.

On the plus side it would have made more sense them getting out of the hangar if the Frynocks or whatever they're called were still busy with the Imperial Troopers to notice the pair.

They then discover their ship has been deliberately damaged and they call for help.

The Rhydonium they discover after the call with Sabine now having time to look around recognising the cannisters which are clearly out of date and they move them between them and the open hangar after Hera realises there's an underground passageway which she uses a canister to seal shut preventing the Frynocks from sneaking up from behind them.

Maybe this is a bit too much, but it would show why Hera has to be careful and more importantly make it clear that the Empire is far from incompetent... well except for their rookie storm trooper shooting anyway!
    Liked the Clone Wars call back.

5. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Were they called Frynocks?

6. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Drat i think i should have spoilered that!

Earlier today i read a post with a link to Fort Anaxes where they mentioned it being used for covert meetings and smuggling.

It mentioned a Frynock colony making the place dangerous so i assumed that was what they were called.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    User to user request for courtesy : can we discuss episodes that have not aired in their own thread, and if we must mention a relevant point here, spoiler tag it?

I can't watch episodes until the day after they air on Disney XD so I would appreciate it. I have seen Out of Darkness and would like to come in this thread to discuss it, albeit while avoiding the Empire Day thread until next week.

Thanks. [face_peace]

stormcloud8 likes this.
  8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Yes, let's keep episode discussions to their respective threads, please. Let's be courteous. Thanks for understanding, folks! :)

9. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    This. I have to avoid some of the official discussion to protect myself from spoilers.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

If its Hondo I am okay with it.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh ****. Now I'm getting this vision of Hondo keeping the Inquisitor pinned to the ceiling in the back room of a bar on the remodeled Gorse. And Kanan walks in and says "There's something awfully familiar about this place. Now which one of you ***holes remembers what kind of whiskey I like?" [face_laugh]

Just...a Kanan/Hondo/Inquisitor face-off...Jesus, I'd watch the hell out of that.

jcgoble3 and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  12. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I liked it overall but no masterpiece. Parts reminded me of the movie Pitch Black. I'm interested to know what those creatures were, they weren't Gundarks. Good to see Hera out of the pilots seat too.

13. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Look, if Hondo shows up, Katooni has to be with him.

They don't even need to acknowledge that she used to be a Jedi.

She just needs to be there. As his Heir Apparent or whatever.

14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    ^ This post. Right here.

Katooni is the next Pirate Queen of Florrum and no one can tell me otherwise.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

How would she even get to Florrum and why would she go there.

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    She'd stow away on a cargo ship.

And Hondo 'helped' her once. If you could call it that. At least she knows she could hide who she used to be and start over.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Or Hondo could betray her.

18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Or he could adopt her.

19. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    She did trigger something resembling a conscience in him. Totally guilt tripped him into going back and rescuing Ahsoka and the rest. Plus that look between them at the end.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Good point.

We should move this conversation to the rebels thread.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I have faith Hondo would do the right thing.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

So do I we should move this.

23. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Famous last words.

Though in this case I agree with you.

Kanan would be all "Do I know you?"

Katooni would be all "No. No you do not."

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hoping its a situation outside of their control if something does happen.

25. Save The Children

Save The Children Jedi Padawan

Oct 20, 2014
    Notice when they inspect the hanger, they are facing in, take steps backwards and somehow get further in before running out?

I cant stand this threesome of stupidity, three characters including the main character mind you, which do nothing. They over did Ezra riding Chopper around, it was cringe worthy. Every sequence in this series so far feels very cheap and choreographed. Run diagnostic --> dont read diagnostic. Really?