main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.08 - Empire Day - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 7, 2014.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Just seen Empire Day, its the 2nd best episode, ive seen on the series. On a 1 to 10 scale i give it a 6. Id like to see more of the prime minister lady in the blue. Episode was still no where near the greatness of many of the Clone Wars episodes. The Greedo-Labot character wax cool, hope to see more of him as well. Rebels still needs to step its game up in writting, art style and bringing in more characters.

2. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    We need more characters for sure. Hasbro might run out of action figure choices!

SeparatistFan likes this.
  3. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Don't worry, their distribution is so god-awful the creators of the show are under no pressure.

The Empire always struck me as a racist, sexist organization. That is why it is fun to hate them. Female stormies kind of defeat the purpose.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like the show having a narrow focus. Bringing in more characters might inhibit development of the ones we already have.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Agreed.

We do not need a cast of thousands, each individual being more identical than the last.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I liked this episode a lot, I found it pretty intense. The Imperial Parade was a great idea and made a fun story. I liked how Minister Tua was developed more, she has quite a temper. I also liked the mentions of Paplpatine and that Governor who couldn't make it. Rebels tends to be pretty creative with its mentions and spreading hype for future episodes. There was also some good humor in this episode such as the argument with the Trooper and the Ithorian bar tender and Kanan pretending to be an over enthusiastic Imperial citizen.