main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.11 - Idiot's Array - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 10, 2015.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.11!!
    Idiot's Array
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on WatchDisneyXD.com.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episode air on Monday on Disney XD. Before that will be streaming. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I don't think it'll be hard to guess the identity of the fellow on the left... ;)

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Considering the term "Idiot's Array" originated in a book called "Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu", yeah, there's really no one else that could be. ;)

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Zeb's got quite the poker face there.

Zer0, podjazd, Kualan and 5 others like this.
  5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    He just needs to get some sunglasses and he'll be fine. :p

Darth Zannah likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So when will this one actually be on TV?

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    And online for that matter?

8. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    Jan 12 on demand and Watch Disney XD app. And, January 19th at 9PM on Disney XD.

cwustudent and TigerCraneFist like this.
  9. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    BTW, that fellow is Lando. And, the best part is Billy Dee Williams is coming back to voice him.

cwustudent and Darth Valkyrus like this.
  10. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    No ****/Sith ? :p

11. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Who says it's not some other guy? Not every black dude in the galaxy is Lando.

The other half are Zare and Mace

12. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I'm just gonna throw it out there: do you think he'll show up with a mustache or not?

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I sure hope so.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Thanks [face_peace]
    Very much looking forward to this one!

15. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I'm glad *some* part of the Star Wars franchise still respects Billy Dee enough to invite him back...

Gravemuzzle likes this.
  16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Billy Dee isnt in high demand as an actor, and never made it past the early 80's, I think 1989's Batman was last time he was in a big budget studio film. He has been going to conventions and trying to get work in SW for a while, so in that sense it was good they gave him a job again. His character wasnt as pretentious and annoying as Jackson's Windu.

17. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    awesome episode. the farm and fence at the end is very reminiscent of some leaked film sets.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I hope to dear god this is the last time we get a OT voice actor.

19. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    why? i think it's great. it also gives an actor a chance to play a character regardless of their age.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    its fine if it makes sense but it does not and I don't care how a character sounds as long as its not tim curry's Sheev I don't care.

Also I think its just there for the money.

21. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    have you seen the ep? it made sense.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

No no one has unless I am missing something. For instance did they get Ewan to do Obi no and thats it but I don't think it makes sense for the crew to run into all these OT characters.

23. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    it's the ot time period. i have seen it and it's great.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I know what I meant is the galaxy is giant.

25. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    Uh, I mean Ewan McGregor was probably busy and probably James Arnold Taylor agreed with them with that pitch that they should go with movie characters

to voice their roles from the movies to make fans intrigue as they get ready for the Force Awakens and if not possible, they'll go with the voice actors that

portrayed them in shows like Clone Wars or Detours audition some voice actors. And they might get Carrie Fisher to voice Leia in case they meet her

somehow along the way and Harrison Ford would be very hard to persuade, but he might because it takes place before A New Hope so his role can't be

killed like when he wanted Han to die in the Endor assault. Mark Hamill would really say yes to Luke because he is really the future figure in A New Hope but

the way they will meet might be more about his daily life and his flight skills and he might just be in an arc around the last season. As a gifted voice actor and

the main character in the Original Trilogy, he might be the one saved for last.