main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.11 - Idiot's Array - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 10, 2015.

1. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Which is one reason why I am hoping they introduce new ships for the Empire other than just the typical Star Destroyers, the Executor, and the various different TIE Fighters.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

That would be amazing I sometimes wish the empire kept the old clone wars ships.

3. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm not that crazy over Star Wars Rebels, but I was very pleased with this episode! Really enjoyed it!

CoolyFett likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Did Lando Convince you.

5. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    Jedi Knight Fett

Early on, the Imperial navy continued to use Clone Wars-era equipment. The novel Tarkin talks about the Imperial Navy still utilizing old Venator-class Star Destroyers a few years after the Clone Wars ended, and Vader was apparently still flying a Eta-2 starfighter at the same time.

It makes sense, really. As long as the equipment is serviceable and not obsolete in capability, it makes sense to keep using it until you can afford to replace it.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    With cheaper things that were death sentences ya..

7. Octavian Dibar

Jan 6, 2015
    Jedi Knight Fett

Well, while TIEs were fragile, the Imperial I class was far superior to the Venator class in most ways.

And to be honest, the Republic ARC-170s, Z-95s and V-19 Torrents died by the bucket loads facing droid fighters, so I'm not entirely sure the TIE was a significant downgrade in survivability.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I think the Venators and Acclamators should have seen much more use under the Empire. You don't just throw away perfectly good ships, especially not the big and expensive ones. The Imperial-class was still in use some 20+ years ABY, and even in real life we had a whole bunch of WWII-era ships that served up into the 1970's. The Clone Wars-era ships would only have been 3 years old at most and would still have been very new ships.

10. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    One doesn't need to look any further than the Iowa Class Battleships that served in WWII, the Korean War, and the Gulf War (USS Missouri and USS Wisconsin). Granted they were decommissioned and recommissioned a couple of times.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The US navy taking recycling to the next level.

12. Octavian Dibar

Jan 6, 2015
    It could very well be that as more of the Imperial I classes came online, the older Acclamator and Venator class ships were retired, mothballed or sent out to low priority or backwater commands. Meanwhile, the Imperial I class ships got put into the more premier commands and "hot zones" where combat was more likely. I would favor the retire approach in the long-run.

At a certain point, even if the the older ships are space-worthy, you need to retire them for logistical reasons. It helps simplify your logistical chain, among other things. Trying to keep multiple classes of ships functional and combat-ready requires multiple sets of spare parts to be stored at your supply/maintenance facilities. Retiring an entire class means you don't have to worry about keeping those specific parts in stock any longer. For a galaxy-spanning navy this would probably be very important.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Could be I wonder when they phased them out.

14. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Best episode yet. Lando's introduction was GOLD. His design was a bit off for me for some reason. But other than that, loved it! :D

CoolyFett likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ya his animation was a bit iffy.

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Getting around to getting caught up. I kinda felt like introducing Lando within the first 13 episodes was kinda goofy. The episode is mostly just goofy funny which is mostly where it redeems itself. Lando himself was entertaining although I have to say his model was really kind of crude. First with Kanan and Zeb getting up to the manly business of gambling Chopper. I think this was supposed to spark of some nostalgia for ANH's cantina scene where we first meet Han. But its just not executed correctly to do it for me. I got a kick out of seeing Hera nearly beat the snot out on Kanan and later punching Lando. I was very surprised to see the show tackle the idea of trading meat. Good to see Rebels is the exact opposite of toned down. I kinda thought the design of the puffer pig was ridiculous even though it was supposed to introduce an element of challenge and the big bad in this one was meh. I wasn't under the impression before that Kanan needed to lean Hera was usefuly and was misogynist. The episode does a good job of twisting back and forth between who is owning who. That, the goofiness, and Lando being entertaining will earn it half a score.I'll give it a 5. It may be one of my least favorite episodes so far.

darskpine10 and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  17. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    My fave part of the ep is Hera's nutshot on Lando. Didn't think I'd ever see that in Star Wars.

BigAl6ft6 and darskpine10 like this.
  18. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Yeah, that was nutty.

:p

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  19. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Do I need to repost that panel of Leia kneeing Xizor in the groin? :p

20. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I tell you what though, given how effortlessly Hera dealt with those goons on that Jabba-wannabe's ship, and looked damn cool doing it, if there's much more of that I wonder how long before some people start decrying her as a Mary Sue, an authorial pet etc.

21. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Do it! SOTE was an odd thing.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Oh go no.

23. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Yeah. Hera is NOT a mary sue character. Ezra's more of a mary sue than her.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  24. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I didn't say she was.

25. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I don't see it happening, because the term is really just such a transparent way of complaining about a character, and people generally seem to like Hera even if they dislike the show.