main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.14 - Rebel Resolve - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 14, 2015.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It might be when we see Hondo.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I thought it was nice to see Kannan isn't untouchable but I am wary that he won't even reach Mustafar. I sincerely hope he does.

yellowturtle likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think he will they have already teased us.

4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    A tease means little in SW they love pulling the 'heroic save' at the last second. :p

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

your right about that and since
    Vader , Bail and Fulcrum are in the last episode.
    I think this means we will get to mostafar.

6. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Way to protect those spoilers, Fett. Well done...

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I get confused sometimes anyway delete your post because it has the spoiler.

8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I nearly forgot about is but didn't Kanan said that the inquisitor is getting more and more frustrated? ugh...I really hope this does not mean he is starting tho have a change of heart

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I think it was more likely to have just been a smartass I'm-not-going-to-talk-no-matter-how-much-you-torture-me comment.

yellowturtle likes this.
  10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I don't know, for a split second he seemed to think he told the truth but yeah, it could be just a smartass comment.

11. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    Well, not weak per se, but it's clear how devastated she was because Kanan meant more to him than just a crew.

In "Rise of the Rebels", the novelization of the pre-premiere shorts:

If the TIE’s blasts had somehow hit the turret and she’d lost Kanan, she didn’t know what she’d do. Kanan Jarrus was more than a friend or a colleague. The human meant the world to her—although she’d never admit it to him.

So, she had "vested emotional interest".

Also, she's more like the COO to Kanan's CEO, that's why she's Spectre Two and he's Spectre One.

yellowturtle likes this.
  12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    6. Mas Amedda. He regrets helping Sidious rise to power and now seeks to bring Sidious down.

About 3, it's interesting how Fulcrum is using the Sith's own ways against them.

V-2 likes this.
  13. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    We'll have to agree to disagree. Not punishing Ezra underminds what little authority she had.

14. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Might just be me, but if the spoiler has to do with a future episode can you please say so? It is annoying opening up a spoiler tag thinking it will be about this episode, which I have already seen, only to find out it is about the next episode.

Still think you shouldn't have to put spoiler tags around stuff that was in the episode the thread is for.

cwustudent likes this.
  15. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I really enjoyed this one; it was not as good as the previous episode and kind of felt like a transport road to the next part but it was still rather solid and had some very nice scenes, good action & interesting parts so it continued the story quite well without rushing it to the point of them getting to Kanan already; for one thing, it helps keeping the mystery and the tension going. I will do a proper review for the "grade the episode" thread.

16. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    One isn't allowed to talk about future episodes anyway.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Sure and that does not go here anyway well two late now.

18. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Rebel Resolve functions inherently like the penultimate chapter that it is. It neatly puts in several pieces for a finale to what has been a solid season that found its footing in the middle, much like this episode itself. The beginning is bemusing in its storytelling while the middle certainly picks up on its way towards a chilling conclusion. The opening sequence with the walkers in the streets of Lothal was reminiscent of the clunkier bits of the season’s early chapters, where the writing, direction, and characterizations didn’t mesh properly. The scrip was certainly muddle and the direction in certain shots was extremely off. But the atmosphere was marred the most by what might have been the worst musical cue usage in the entire series so far. Kevin Kiner is a fairly decent composer and certainly some of his musical cues in the latter seasons of the Clone Wars were great, especially in Ahsoka’s fugitive story arc. Evoking classic John Williams themes when appropriate have elevated scenes from both series to instant classics (Anakin in The Jedi Who Knew Too Much and the triumphal twist on “The Imperial March” in The Empire Day). But Kiner has been sticking far too close to the original trilogy’s musical cues in my opinion and the strange mixture from The Empire Strikes Back during the walker sequence was jarring in its juxtaposition.

As per expectations, the awesome Hera comes to rescue them just in time and the episode as well. The most intriguing narrative thread that’s been consistent throughout Rebels so far is the identity of Fulcrum and his or her exact relationship with Hera. In what is clearly an edited audio to mangle any voice recognition, Fulcrum reminds Hera that the objective of the Ghost crew was to remain hidden. Inviting Tarkin personally seems like the exact opposite of that. But Hera has a point, too - the packets of rebels across the galaxy needed some sort of hope to bind them together and even more so after Trayvis’s public betrayal of their cause. Nevertheless, Fulcrum asks her to keep their next objective in mind and not risk it to just to save Kanan. It’s a quiet, subtle moment that builds upon an earlier story establishment of Hera’s mysterious connections and makes it momentous by putting Kanan’s life on the line. Simultaneously, that scene cleaves through the history of the Ghost crew, openly wondering how much Hera truly has kept hidden from her compadres - the line “He doesn’t know anything” in reference to Kanan was especially telling. Her subsequent heartbreaking decision to leave Kanan makes sense, just as much as it does for her companions to directly disobey her and make a deal with Vizago to find a way to rescue Kanan while revealing that both him and Ezra were Jedi (that surely won’t come back to bite anyone).

The rescue mission was thrillingly executed, made all the more so by some fantastically improved space fighting choreography and the best use of Chopper, well, ever. The plan involves Chopper going deep into enemy territory, disguised as one of the Imperial droid couriers that are now being used for communication ever since Tarkin destroyed that tower last week. Chopper’s entry really was easier than it ought to have been and the episode could have benefited from using more time within the ship instead of the opening sequence. More efficient than ever before (perhaps because of his touching attachment to Kanan), Chopper grabs the information and even has a few stormtroopers sucked out into space because he is just that cool. And not too soon did he rescue that information. Kanan’s torture with the mind probe and lightning looked painful enough and while his initial resistance was powerful, there’s little saying that he can survive for much longer. As it may be, certainly Tarkin can’t be pleased at Kanan’s mental fortitude and there’s few things more terrifying than an angry Tarkin. The plan works out with an ominous little quip that may have pushed the episode into melodramatic territory but it worked enough for me. Kanan is being taken to Mustafar, the planet where Jedi go to die.

Great Moments Not Mentioned Above:

+“A Jedi can still feel pain and pain can break anyone”
    +“Today, nothing; tomorrow, who knows?”
    +“Oh, behind you.” That never works - clunk!
    +I love how Zeb and the crew became appreciative of the Imperial droid
    +Chopper kicking the Imperial droid out of the ship and everyone’s subsequent reactions
    +The Imperial droid making friends with the local Lothal cats
    +The landscape animation continues to be stunning

Great
    8/10

19. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Chopper was too funny in this episode. I loved the droid murder.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I really love some of the concept art for this episode, especially this pic of the Ghost. I've found a new desktop background!

[​IMG]

21. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    That makes me want to play a Star Wars: Rebels Lego game.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I really liked the music in the opening, although I could have lived without the rehash of the ROTJ walker theft. It's like poetry it rhymes or something. (Yeah yeah enough already.)

Can I just say I am so in love with Hera? She doesn't let her emotions get the better of her. It's easy to see how painful it is for her to NOT rush in and do something--anything--to rescue Kanan, but she thinks of the mission first, and also considers whether it would actually be helpful to Kanan for her to go ape****. If only Anakin had been so considerate of Padme in ROTS.

Not sure when Ezra and Chopper become human-droid BFFs as opposed to getting on each other's nerves, but I enjoyed Chopper in this episode more than any other, especially his "yeah, GFY" in droidese to the Imperial officers.

Seems that if our heroes managed to devise a scientific way to avoid being affected by electrocution, similar to the way the old witches in Harry Potter put spells on themselves to make burning at the stake feel like a tickling sensation...the villains would have no evil acts left to perform. Or maybe we'll see Kanan use the Anakin Skywalker method of "how to survive being electrocuted 765456 times--until you need a respirator that is". And Kallus still needs to shave.

Tarkin was great, as usual, and Lucius Inquisitorous was decent in this episode as well.

Hera blistering Ezra was thoroughly enjoyable, especially since when Ezra blurted out that Kanan was a Jedi, I said "You. Moron." out loud.

And Zeb enjoying the reference to being "intimidating." LOL.

Love the comment about Mustafar. "Where Jedi go to die."

8/10

23. DaRonin

DaRonin Jedi Master star 1

Jan 3, 2005
    I'm calling it now, Fulcrum is
    Ashoka

It just matches, and the voice patterns are totally how the actress for delivered her lines back in Clone Wars.

Other than that, Oh chopper, you are so going to droid hell for the stuff you pulled in this episode. Four storm troopers dead by explosive decompression and throwing that droid off the ship. Who programmed this droid? sheesh.

24. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    I agree with your takes 100%. Except that I've forgotten about the ROTJ walker theft :p

As to how Kanan managed to avoid being affected by electrocution... well, he's visibly fatigued after the electricity was turned off. I still have some suspicion that he's involved with "Potentium" or "Gray", though...

25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I liked the sub-plot with the imperial astromech but that was about it. Vizago still feels like a rip-off Hondo, Ezra was more annoying than 'Snips' used to be at the start, and regarding Mustafar: Not one canon Jedi has died there. Unless the concept art for the unreleased TCW arcs is canon, in which case a Jedi might have died in that unreleased arc.

When Fulcrum turned up, I (believing it to be Ahsoka, but who knows) wondered what had happened since leaving the Jedi. Would the events on Mandalore change her? Would she be strong against Maul? Would her Bo-Katan team up have been awesome?

That arc seems like it would be superior to all of Rebels attempts at 'big events'.