main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.15 - Fire Across the Galaxy (Season Finale!!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 24, 2015.

1. Darth Chet

Darth Chet Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2015
    First time post but SW fan since 77, yeah I'm old, but the season finally of Rebels was great 10/10
    Im glad they brought back Ahsoka Tano ...one of my more favorite characters from TCW

2. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Welcome!

3. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    I'm going to say I love the adult Ahsoka. I actually prefer this look to the vision we got on Mortis.

4. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013

I feel like this Ahsoka actually looks age-appropriate. The Mortis vision kind of made her looks like mid-40's, but that's my opinion.

5. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Might just be me, but Vader looked small.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I'm channeling AFS: oh hell. Of COURSE Filoni had to include Ahsoka. Where's the wine?

With that said - it'll be interesting how much involvement Filoni will have Ahsoka doing in the rebellion? I wasn't a fan of bringing Maul back, but it worked. It might with Ahsoka as well. Might.

But my main issue is with Filoni being so taken with Ahsoka that he just has to involve her in the rebellion, because his pet character just has to be and do something important, like, oh - not sitting around on her ass watching the Chosen One's son grow up, or sitting in the mud surrounded by bugs, etc.

7. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Why would she be doing the same thing that Kenobi is effectively doing?

8. CoruscantDweller

CoruscantDweller Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 28, 2015
    Well thats the idea they are going to show a sort of journey with the rebel group starting off small scale and then escalating into something bigger. Most revolutions are started by some of the most insignificant human beings in real history so if anything thats realistic. I think in the long run it will pay off because by the time we get later into show it will feel like a natural progression.

jakobitis89, pepoluan, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  9. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I feel like I need to watch it again. So glad I recorded it.
    Let me break down my thoughts:
    -By far the best action of the season. It felt like they skimmed back their budget a little on every other episode just so that they could go all out on this one.
    -Ahsoka. So glad it's finally out. Not nuts about the new character model, but hey, it's still her. The fact that we have her AND a potentially increased Vader presence has my brain churning about the directions season 2 could go. Not saying they should totally change the show into a Ashoka/Vader reunion or anything, but you know they aren't going to ignore that plot thread.
    -The duel felt classic Star Wars in a way I haven't felt in a long, long time. Not just the fun, lasers and space ships fun feel of classic SW, but the mythological, enthralling sensation that only comes at certain times, like when you first watched Luke/Vader in ESB. Really great stuff.
    Guys, I'm just stoked on this. If the freaking kids TV show is this good, imagine what we're going to get in December...

10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    My point is I suspect Filoni feels Obi-Wan and Yoda handed off their responsibility to the galaxy and if it weren't for his characters, especially Ahsoka, the Empire would never have been toppled. SHE is the one that makes the future possible.

11. CoruscantDweller

Feb 28, 2015

yep just like episode 4 when a small squadron of fighters destroy the ultimate space station that is literally the size of a moon hmmm. When it comes to dramatic tension this is the first season therefore its dedicated to developing the ghost crew as characters if they kill them this early it won't feel as impactful instead of killing them later on. And there was some dramatic tension I loved the inquisitor character and had a strong suspicion he was going to die also throughout the episode I wasn't too sure about Kanan either. Seasons following are going to show a larger rebellion which means the stormtroopers will be able to kill filler characters and actually look competent and with Vader introduced something big is going to happen. Also Clone Wars didn't have a huge amount of dramatic tension since you knew the fates of all the major characters with the exception of Ashoka and some of the clone characters. I though the animation was solid, dialogue, music and the revel at the end was great. If you don't like Rebels alright but again its only fourteen episodes this was just a prelude season 2 is going to be double the length and the writers know they have to make the empire intimidating but again they got also develop the rebels characters at the same time. Yes the empire needs to improve as a threat but really for me thats the only thing rebels really needs to do apart from that the show has been great!

sarlaccsaurs-rex and pepoluan like this.
  12. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    Here's some good clarifcation on why Obi-Jaun and Ahsoka look different. Look at TCW and then to Rebels, then back to TCW and then back to Rebels. As you can see Rebel's faces are actually rounded instead of being polygons.

pepoluan likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Cool new character intro in the new Rebels Recon: Commander Sato (hope that's how you spell it) and the Phoenix Squadron. Can't wait for season two.

14. TheLittleAlchemist

TheLittleAlchemist Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2014
    I thought I'd be against Ahsoka coming in, but the way it seems they're handling her... it feels right.
    The Alliance Audio cue is probably the best music in the series so far, sent shivers down my spine.

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Not bad but there was so much to fit into 22 minutes. It felt seriously rushed, which is a stark contrast to the rest of Season 1. I liked the slower pace. Definitely could have benefited from getting a double slot from Disney so they could stretch it out more. I don't think they would have struggled to get it to 44 minutes.

For some reason I was left feeling a little underwhelmed, but I think that's pretty typical of season finales.

My personal highlights:

- Kanan borrowing Ezra's lightsaber and using it like a freaking boss. That was amazing to watch and it caught Inky off guard. Add to that as well the fact that he finally won, and didn't kill him. Good character progression, really enjoyed following him over the course of the season.

- Inky preferring to off himself than face the wrath of Vader speaks volumes about our favourite Dark Lord and also said a lot about Inky himself. He had a good run, but I think the way they handled him was right.

- The return of Ahsoka. I liked the new design, I really like the concept of her unaffiliated status. And I liked that the creators knew about our voice analysis and used different VAs to throw us off the trail.

It didn't blow me away or anything, but it was pretty good.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  16. CrAsHcHaOs

CrAsHcHaOs Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 7, 1999
    WHAT AN EPISODE!

Can't wait for season 2.

I wonder if we'll see Mon Mothma in season 2.

17. Nayath

Nayath Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2015
    I've absolutely loved this episode. Kanan and the Inquisitor's lightsaber battle was absolutely impressive, and I really liked the music of the chapter.
    But, in all honesty, a part of me is still dancing and screaming "Ashoka!". I think this was the best episode of the season.

SWITS likes this.
  18. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Their duel was worth the wait. Kanan fought in a form that we had not seen at any point this season when he went up against the Inquisitor. Also, the Inquisitor showed genuine fear IMO.

19. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    I like how in the Rebels Recon episode, Pablo Hidalgo has said that the Rebels are going to move around the Galaxy and not stay fixed to Lothal, right guys?

sarlaccsaurs-rex and earlchinna like this.
  20. CoruscantDweller

Feb 28, 2015

Hopefully we get to see Coruscant in the Imperial period!

21. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yes please!

Seeing Naboo would be pretty cool as well.

22. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    Oh, another thing I loved : the way Kanan disarmed the Inquisitor. "Oh you like your fancy spinning lightsaber? Watch me turn that crappy design against you."

23. Kalelone82

Kalelone82 Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2015
    Just saw a video on Starwars.com where they stated that Ahsoka's Lightsabers are in fact brand new as well as they are going to be White Blade Lightsabers being that she doesn't have allegiance to the Jedi nor the Sith.

24. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    I'm a huge Ahsoka fan, so I truly loved seeing her finally re-emerge from limbo. The last time we saw her, she walked off into the Coruscant sunset, down the steps of the Jedi Temple. And it broke my heart. I'm happy she's back, and playing an important role as one of the original founders of the Rebel Alliance. Her story lives on.
    Her new older appearance and voice are different. I have to get used to it. But it was nice to see she still carries 2 lightsabers. I can't wait to see her in battle again!

Mojo120 and Darth Zannah like this.
  25. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    Seeing a Corvette ramming a TIE was one of my favorite things ever.

The series should end with Vader revealing his identity to Ahsoka. Right before he chops her head off.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.