main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.15 - Fire Across the Galaxy (Season Finale!!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 24, 2015.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I just saw this episode. It was a good episode overall.

- I had the same reaction as Zeb seeing this colored TIE, seriously ? Nobody saw something strange until the last moment ?
    + "I kinda like it" was funny though
    Ezra using his lightsaber/slingshot on the doors was really reminiscent of Qui-Gon in TPM, don't you think ?
    + the battle. Excelent. Kanan finally vanquish the inquisitor. :D
    -Ezra's complete non reaction to having a lightsaber slicing his face. He just is being like "no big deal" after the fight.o_O
    + Inquisitor's death, at first I thought Kanan was going to kill him but he got his Disney villain death instead.
    The escape was too short for my taste.
    + Other cells. I hope we are going to see more of them, especially those with quite not so "moral" interests.
    + Hera smiling hearing Kanan's voice and the hug [face_love] .
    - Fulcrum is Ahsoka Tano :eek:. I am shocked. SHOKED. I see we are going to have Ahsoka Tano: The Enlightened Oneā„¢ part II now, and of course she has white lightsabers because she is so special. I wonder what ideas they have this time not to kill her, I feel it is going to be hilarious.
    - The crew destroying Tarkin Star Destroyer and making a fool of him.
    + VADER :D . Please, don't use him too much for next season. He seems to be under Tarkin's orders, I would have liked a little interaction between them before the end :(.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and RedVad like this.
  2. AusDave79

AusDave79 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 26, 2014
    After a good start for this show but this episode was miles ahead of the rest of the season. I hated Clonewars at the start but we already know how good that show turned out and Rebels has had a better start, still just like Clonewars you have to get through the average episodes to get to the juicy ones but overall I would give the first season a 8.5 out of 10. I can't wait for season 2, what a year of Starwars we are going to have guys.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Doesn't matter really.

After thinking about it...Kanan and Hera will still make this show worth watching.

And ImNotAStarWarsFanboy JackG it'll be like old times in a good way, right?

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  4. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Kanan and Hera are going to "debrief" each other thoroughly later. ;)

thejeditraitor likes this.
  5. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Ahsoka and her whitesabers. I like her design. They reduced the overly large, anime "Disney" eyes that she had in TCW. Which is ironic with Rebels being on Disney XD.

6. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Yes seeing the full design, it is quite cool. I also like the explanation for the white Lightsabers. Hey if red ones can symbolize that you're evil, then other colors (or non-colors in this case) can symbolize other stuff.

rumblewagon likes this.
  7. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Sorry, I found this episode to be a bit of a muddled mess. Some quick observations:

1) There had been a very obvious shift in tone of the show with Tarkin's appearance, including how Stortroopers acted... gone were the days of "Stupidtroopers." Sure they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, but they still came across as competent and somewhat dangerous. TWICE in this episode we had trrops returning to the buffornery of early Season 1 episodes.

2) There was really little to no real risk in this episode. The Rebels infiltrate Tarkin's Star Destroyer far too easily, and never once did I feel anyone was in any real danger. Kanan suddenly had no issues fighting the Inquisitor... it was all too simple. A very tame episode... which frankly made it a little boring. Oh, look the Rebels are infiltrating ANOTHER Imperial installation with little trouble.

3) The Inquisitor... really??? That was probably the lamest on screen Star Wars death ever. Again, risk aversion. Why not have Kanan kill him... or Vader dispatches him after his failure. It just came across like the writers had written themselves in a corner and took the safe path. The Inquisitor should have been the face of evil for this show... but oh no, now we fall back on the old crutch... Vader.

4) Which goes to one of the central problems this show has had. Instead of boldly treading new territory with this band of Rebels... when in doubt bring in an OT cameo. Did this show really need 3PO and R2? Not really... Lando? Not really... Tarkin made sense as he was the embodiment of the stakes getting higher. But the Inquisitor also did a good job of fulfilling that roll. The episode in which he decapitates two Imperial buffoons certainly show the kid gloves were off. So again, little to no reason to bring Vader in once again.

5) Mustafar... weren't we told this was the place where "Jedi, go to die?" But we actually never set foot on the planet? Again production limitations.

6) Tarkin came across like an incompetent rube... a pencil pusher, not a dangerous Imperial strategist.

Just a rushed episode that took no chances. Mix things up, I mean we know Kana or Ezra or both are going to die sometime before this show ends... why not hit the audience with one of their deaths in the season finale... that certainly changes things. As it is we are going down a very Star Wars paint by numbers path.

Some good stuff:

-- Kiner's score was pretty solid.. a few too may Williams references, but he brought it all together nicely.

-- Nice seeing Ahsoka back, but given her introduction I suspect she will be a periodic guest star which is fine. I'd rather have seen Ezra or Kanan bite the big one, allowing her to take on a bigger role next season, because if she does have a big role it creates a storytelling problem.. Order 66 was clearly an abject failure as there now appear to be Jedi, or former Jedi EVERYWHERE...

--Cast performances all around were solid.

Probably a 6.5 or 7 out of 10.

8. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    All very high profile people. Why have someone that high profile risk being exposed by communicating with individual cells? Bail took a bit of a gamble in droids in distress.

9. Ztachick11

Ztachick11 Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2015
    As much as I want to see Vader and Ahsoka dual I dont wanna see her die.

SWITS, thejeditraitor and rumblewagon like this.
  10. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    So characters from the EU are established now? News to me..... Instead of assuming that she is some integral, founder, and irreplaceable part of the rebel alliance, why don't we wait and see how the story develops in Season 2 before we continue conclusion jumping?

I have very little sympathy for this group of people, especially when the same fan base is already calling for her head when Ahsoka was just re-introduced to the franchise.

And yet, I was told in no uncertain terms last night to effectively "shut up and go away" by the same fan base that doesn't like the character and is already calling for her head. Hilarious.

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, it doesn't matter when a character is introduced.
    A LOT more people were happy to see Ahsoka, than people who would've been happy for Fulcrum to be Bel-Iblis. Too bad if you don't like it (I mean that sincerily), but the crew behind Rebels must focus on the average audience - the one that didn't read Heir to the Empire, but did watch The Clone Wars.

12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    For those talking about a good guy character biting it ! Well If you think a Kids cartoon is going to kill off one of the good guy characters, then we need to bet money on that big time

Regards Ahsoka, I am happy to see her but the dialogue was awful "A new chapter etc"! [face_sick]
    Seriously the writers don't even have to think about this stuff it's so by the numbers

13. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    1) Tarkin plans ahead. Ship on emergency power he remarks about routine calls to the other ships and if he doesn't call they send help and guess when his next call was due?

2) Liked the TIE custom paint job myself!
    Loved it that it might survive long enough to be seen in season 2 along with the Inquisitor's own TIE Advance although they might not let the Ghost crew keep any of those ships!

3) Anyone notice Ezra got that scar from both his borrowed lightsaber and Inqi's thrown saber?
    Luckily he fell off the platform and did an Obi-Wan landing on the platform but was knocked out so he didn't end up impaling himself on his borrowed lightsaber... now that would have been embarrassing even if he left Kanan's saber where he could see it.

4) Tarkin learns his ship is about to explode is far different from the perceived threat of a rebel fighter unit being chased by Darth Vader... a very different situation!

5) 3 Corvettes, 3 different rebel cells coordinating with Chopper and we don't know if Ahsoka isn't a member of a 4th cell if not liasing between them and Bail... many levels of awesome there!

6) Rebel Recon... that art from the 2nd season preparations... A-Wings? What are A-Wings? Shouldn't they have Y-Wings? So many questions god knows when we'll learn anything more...

7) And the ending all it needed was Kallus saying,"Oh my...!" and you knows WHOSE voice I'm imagining saying THAT line!

14. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    This should look vaguely familiar.
    [​IMG]

I mentioned it in an earlier post, but there was a predecessor to the A-Wings we know from ROTJ that was apparently active in the EU/Legends prior to events in ANH.

15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Glad you'll still be watching!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So "no, you!" is a valid argument as opposed to, I dunno, respect for differing tastes, and leaving people alone to either love a fictional character or call for her head as they see fit?

Nobody should be telling anybody to shut up and go away over an opinion of a FICTIONAL CHARACTER. Differing opinion should not be taken as a personal insult or a reason to make nasty comments towards other posters. That is the point.

17. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Why do people keep assuming Ahsoka's sabers are white? And worse, assigning meaning to it. Lightsabers are not mood rings.

We have no idea what color they are. We have one picture, which IMHO no more shows they are white than pale blue.

On screen things may look very different.

18. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    Well that was fun for about 5 minutes. Now we get to hear the same five people whine about Ahsoka all over again :p Fun; it's like 2011 around here now. One thing that hasn't been noted: Rebels now contains new characters, OT characters, PT characters and TCW characters. Surely a first onscreen?

19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    We just need more cameo because, why not ?

20. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014

Filoni said they were. Roughly 3 minutes into the clip

21. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    Will do, though to be fair, she's more concerned for the fates of Kallus and Tua, than the Inquisitor.
    That being said, the episode got me so pumped full of feels, I didn't get that much sleep last night, and I have a long day at work today, DAMN YOU FILONI!!

rumblewagon likes this.
  22. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Well Dave speaks with a forked tongue. The edges of her saber are pale blue.

[​IMG]

23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Not exactly "forked tongue" - he said "basically white" - which they are. Had he said "entirely white", then yeah, sure.

24. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    LOL, so true!

25. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Again, hilarious. I have no problem with the differing taste. I have a problem when people tell me that my opinion is wrong and that Vader should kill her now. Then again, it seems that the same fan base calling for her head has a tough time trying to come to terms that people and characters mature over time based on their experiences. The Ahsoka we saw last night isn't the same character I had planned to see return. I expected a nihilistic, gruff, gritty, and sarcastic version to return. A totally different version from the "sage" version we got last night, not that I have a problem with it right now either. They could use her effectively in training Kanan and Ezra as we both know that its the blind leading the blind and deaf effectively, in addition to continuing to work with other rebel cells and the crew of the Ghost for the Alliance at seemingly Bail's bidding.