main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.15 - Fire Across the Galaxy (Season Finale!!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 24, 2015.

1. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    vw_jedi

With my original post on this, I 100% thought they were blue. I didn't know until I listened to Recon clip.

Seems like the war on Ahsoka is starting again.

EternalHero likes this.
  2. Ztachick11

Ztachick11 Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2015
    The yellow shorty was so much better. Now that i have closure with Ahsoka being on the show I wanna know where the Falcon is.

Not sure if the picture of the Figures for Ahsoka and Vader are real, but floating around online her sabers for the figure are both green.

3. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Ah, well in that case, you agree with me. They are pale blue. With a white core, which all sabers have. Lol...

4. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    Are we sure she doesn't have white-gold lightsabers as well? Because she's so special?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    No her sabers are black and blue... it's so obvious hairymuggle How are you seeing gold-white???

6. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I kinda wish Ahsoka didn't have lightsabers anymore. I prefer to think that she would've left the Jedi part of her life behind and is looking towards the future. Besides, how cool would it be if Vader confronted Ahsoka and tosses her her original lightsaber she had since the movie. Forcing her to take up her old weapon and face him.

7. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    Gallandro Apologies, I was blinded by her shocking radiance and purity.

Lando Swarm and Gallandro like this.
  8. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    That would mean Vader carries her saber around with him everywhere, which would be really weird. Given how high the stakes are for the Rebellion, I can't imagine Ahsoka refusing to use the weapon she is most skilled with using. That's more Kanan's thing anyway.

jabberwalkie and EternalHero like this.
  9. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Good point hairymuggle. Where are Ahsoka's golden-white lightsabers?!!!

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So...address the concern with whoever told you that? There are no "wrong" opinions about a movie, book, TV show, or character.

I'm not seeing any valid defense for "haters!!!" "No you!!!" "You did it first!!!" though.

If you have no problem with differing tastes, why does it matter if some people dislike "mature" Ahsoka and want her to die?

There are a lot of really cool people around here who love Ahsoka/hate Asajj Ventress/hate TCW Anakin--IOW, have taste in characters exactly the opposite of mine. They're still cool and I still like talking to them. I don't understand the mindset of "I can't talk to anyone who posts something negative about a character I like. I must call them HATERS. Instead of enjoying the return of my favorite character, I must enjoy the disappointment of other fans."

I mean, really? What exactly is the point of such "conversations"? I had not read the word "haters" on this board in a very long time until Ahsoka reappeared, but it's been said at least 5-6 times in the past 12-18 hours. And as I said, plenty of people dislike the Ghost crew, the stormtroopers, etc.

I'll comment on this more after I see the episode, but I would have much preferred grim, gritty and sarcastic.

11. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Who says he carries them with him everywhere? Assuming they want to drag this out, they may want Vader to learn Fulcrum's identity before they do battle. Depending on how it's written, there's plenty of time to pick up Ahsoka's saber from wherever it's being held.

12. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Besides the creepy factor associated with that idea.... Filoni apparently really wants to use her to draw a parallel to samurai and has turned her into a ronin (since she doesn't really have a master) for the Alliance. It adds a new, interesting dynamic that she isn't doing this because she is ordered to or because she is/was part of the Jedi Order. Instead she is doing it because fighting the tyranny of the Empire is what is right and just, upholding her own values. At least that is my take/my opinion YMMV.

13. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    I don't think Filoni or Disney want to kill off Kanan or Ezra.

They are playing it safe as possible and milking this corporate cow for all they can.

Darth_Pevra and fett 4 like this.
  14. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    I'm excited to see how the Rebellion adopts the Force into their cause. Remember how "May the Force be with you" was a common thing said amongst the Rebels in the OT despite there being no clear Jedi involvement. I know many have speculated in the past that this reliance on the Force by non-Force users points to Jedi having some sort of involvement in the forming of the Rebellion, and seeing Ahsoka, Kanan, and Ezra as Force using Rebels is totally pointing to that being the case. I'm hoping we start to see some orange flight suited Rebels working alongside Ahsoka, Kanan, and Ezra and "May the Force be with you" begins to get thrown around.

15. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    By the end of CW and at this point in Rebels, I believe Ahsoka has come to realize that Barriss was right - the Republic was corrupt and the Jedi Order was blind and complacent to what it was becoming. She knows the Empire is evil, and needs to be replaced, because it is far worse than the corrupt politicians and greedy corporations of the Republic...

16. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014

I can take her getting into a duel with Vader and meeting her unfortunate end but if he ends up torturing her like Kanan. ...that will be a hard thing to watch. In fact it would be heartbreaking.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I assumed that was due to Obi-Wan working with Bail, plus the fact that the Empire wiped out the Jedi, and part of defeating the Empire would involve allowing the Order to be reborn.

18. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I think that might be used because of how close Bail is to the Jedi, and now we'll see Jedi among the Rebel leadership. I also believe some or all of these Jedi will become martyrs, and their religion will be a unifying force for the Rebellion against the Empire.

19. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    Did anyone else think that it was kind of lame how Kanaan and Hera did not kiss each other upon their reunion? it's obvious that they love each other...calling each other "dear"

things are so screwed up...why is it okay to show tons of violence but not okay to show two people display an act of intimacy on a kids show? they did the same thing a couple of times with anakin and padme on CW...

Also if Kanan and Hera got a thang going on how does this factor into the whole attachment is forbidden thing for the Jedi?

20. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005

Yeah, that's how I see it going. True Bail was close with Obi-Wan when the **** hit the fan in ROTS, but I think it was more this relationship impacting his view of the Jedi and leading him to trust future Jedi like Ahsoka, Kanan, and Ezra. I don't think we'll see him jeopardizing his pact with Yoda and Obi-Wan by introducing them to Ahsoka, Kanan, and Ezra. I just can't see Bail jeopardizing Luke's whereabouts and Leia's identity. Maaaaaybe we'll see Ahsoka or Kanan speaking with Obi-Wan in private with a high level of security over where Obi-Wan is, but I don't want to see the Ghost crew visiting Tatooine and strolling into Obi-Wan's hut.

Hopeless likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Eh, keep the romance subtle. Saptasm does not make for a good show. It's not about the kids, it's about Star Wars generally not doing romance well.

As far as romantic attachments, my take from AND is that Kanan does not give a **** about the old Order's rules.

22. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Already dealt with, but thanks for telling me how to fight my own battles. ;) Again, I agree that no opinion is incorrect. All I am asking for is allowing the story to develop slightly. Not once have I called them "haters," but I would say that people who are haters and those calling for her head right now after her re-introduction are both narrow minded and short sighted.

What I am pointing out is an observation and of course YMMV as always opinions do, but that doesn't make the observation of what people want to happen in their vision for the character (forever staying in arrogant child format-yes that is hyperbole) any less valid. Neither does saying that a majority wants it to happen, when I would argue that it is rather a vocal minority based on their interpretation of Yoda's dialogue to Luke in ROTJ.

There is little doubt to me that you will dislike this characterization, but then again we see her in the episode for such a short amount of time and see very little interaction with her an the crew. I don't enjoy getting preached at by my leisure shows, and if she goes that direction, I could see myself getting frustrated eventually. I think you will find it to be one of the strongest episodes of the season though.

Edit to add:
    I have had issues with this show too, and I still have discussions here with others.... Not sure what your point is here. I even try to play other side occasionally (how Vader and Ahsoka dueling could be a mistake) just to further discussion. You and I have had our differences over Ahsoka and we still have discussions on the character, even if we agree to disagree. I agree that this community is a great place for discussion of all things Star Wars.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    I agree completely, keep it subtle. TCW tried to force Lux/Ahsoka, and I didn't care for the pairing, but I really didn't like Lux's treatment of Ahsoka at all. This also adds to the theory of Yoda not considering Kanan to be a true Jedi....

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Erm, what?

An opinion is valid no matter how many or how few people share it.

Judging people for having a different opinion, though...what exactly is the point, other than to try to make enemies based on something as unimportant as an opinion of a character?

We're in the same place with not enjoying being preached at. That's why I disliked much of seasons 5 and 6.

But there appears to be enough that I will like in this episode that I will be giving it a chance later.

25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    her eyes were bigger because she was much younger and smaller. she's grown into her features.