main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.15 - Fire Across the Galaxy (Season Finale!!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 24, 2015.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Do Tarkin and Ahsoka meet? That would be interesting considering their history.

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Tano likely will be mostly elusive like Sidious was to both the Separatists and Republic, the hidden leader. But at the same time she'll occupy a role similar to Kenobi(Republic militarily and be the master to both Skywalker and Tano with Kanan and Ezra filling those roles now) on TCW. Tano and Bail are sorta like Sidious, the hidden leader(s).

3. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    I was convinced Fulcrum was Bail Organa, Leia, or Mon Mothma until the female voice in the holo knocked off Bail as an option. Even then, it took me a while to realize the cloak in the holo looked a little too much like jedi robes.

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would imagine that the Empire would have Ilum locked down as a source of kyber crystals. And it's just a hunch, but I'm guessing synthetic crystals will be taken off the table in canon, just because the Empire is going to great lengths to secure very large kyber crystals, and if they can just be created in a lab or something, it would kind of make that effort pointless.

And with crystals on Ilum being colorless until tuning to the user (and then always seeming to take a blue or green hue), I don't know if the blue and green colors are the hues that Ilum crystals attune to, with purple, yellow, red, and white being colors non-Ilum crystals can attune to, or what. Like I'd think the Sith had to have another source outside of Ilum to get their crystals, and theirs always seemed to tune red. I don't know if that's indicative of the evil in their hearts, or if it's indicative of where the crystal was harvested. I'm guessing Ahsoka visited another site for her crystals.

The databank states that the kyber crystals of Ilum can rarely take on other hues. So unless there's just something special about Ahsoka now that makes crystals tune to her and take on a white hue, instead of the green that they used to. I'd imagine she got them from somewhere other than Ilum.

5. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    The one thing I've been waiting for in this show since the beginning is the larger Rebellion. Maybe we'll get to see Ackbar and X-Wings and Leia next season. Maybe some large scale battles between the Rebels and the Empire.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Iron_lord like this.
  6. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Second favorite episode of the season. Only episode I liked more was Call to Action.

Nice to see you again Ahsoka. I thought her reintroduction was absolutely brilliant and I liked her new character model. Bail's reappearance was nice too and it really established this show's solid continuity. I liked Inky's death in general but I had an issue with the ambiguity aspect of it. I thought Ezra's facial injury was neat and I actually hope that the injury becomes a battle scar. The duel between Inky and Kanan was cool and it was awesome to see Kanan keep his emotions under control. Second, the scene of Kanan being reminded of Order 66 and his Master's death was chilling.

And let me just say that my respect for Chopper has been completely restored thanks to this episode. I want to see more of him saving the day instead of annoying Ezra and Zeb all the time.

Overall: 9.5/10.

7. Ztachick11

Ztachick11 Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2015
    I think this exactly, think only way tano will be brought out is if she has to rescue either kanan or ezra from vader himself.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Vorax like this.
  8. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Wasn't she basically Knighted at the end of S5 though after facing all that adversity of being framed? Don't Jedi usually get Knighted when they do something extraordinary?

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Yes, had she went back she wouldve went back as a Jedi Knight:

http://www.springfieldspringfield.c...-show=star-wars-the-clone-wars&episode=s05e20

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, that's how I read the whole "Uh, so, this was, like, totally your great trial" scene.
    That could be some face-saving move by the Jedi council though.

11. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Man, the little details you notice on repeat viewings...

When they steal the Gozanti-class cruiser at the start, as it flies off it passes through the cloud of smoke rising from the burning base they've just blown up. When it does this, it displays some wake turbulence effects - twin vortices to either side... this is a "real life" phenomena, anyone who's seen large airplanes passing through fog or smoke is likely to have seen it. Here's an example:

Well, when the ship in FATG does it, the camera lingers on it for a moment after the ship flies off camera... and the vortices swirl round and a central peak rises up, just so, to form a ghostly, smoky outline of the Rebel starbird!

Behold:

I love the easter eggs like that!

Watto likes this.
  12. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Not only that, but in "Rebel Resolve" when the Ghost begins it rapid decent into the atmosphere of Lothal it appears as though the ship has a bit of a sonic boom/transition to supersonic flight characteristic going on. ;)

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

No they offers her padawan Breads back so she would have still been a padawan she was also 16 so very very very very young for knighting.

14. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    14 is a pretty young age to be sending Padawans to war. I think anyone who's made it through that deserves knighthood.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Just my opinion and ya I agree after being a child soldier.

16. Jensaarai-defender

Jensaarai-defender Jedi Master star 1

Sep 1, 2008
    I'm kinda disappointed that Ahsoka seemed so relatively happy and well adjusted. A part of wanted to see a grizzled,angry,bitter, Ahsoka if and when she reappeared.

Embomania and jabberwalkie like this.
  17. Darth Blade

Darth Blade Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2014
    The thing to remember with this though is that it's been 15 years since we last saw her. She's had plenty of time to have gone through those emotions. Seeing the Jedi just about get wiped out would probably alleviate much of the bitterness she may have felt towards them, and she may have just been focused on the injustice felt by the people from the Empire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakobitis89, V-2 and Force Smuggler like this.
  18. Darth Blade

Darth Blade Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2014
    Random question from this episode - why/how was Ahsoka flying the Ghost at the end? I would assume it would have still been on Lothal since they flew the stolen Imperial Transport to Mustafar. When Chopper radio'd her was she also on Lothal? Why wouldn't she have just been in one of the blockade runners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    She wasn't knighted. The Council mentioned that she showed great resilience and it was the mark of a Jedi Knight. But that's not the same as saying "You are a Knight now".

Besides they are wrong again. Ahsoka did not behave like a knight. A Knight would've (or should've) gone to the Temple after escaping jail, they would have made their case to the Council and trusted them to believe their own. Ahsoka could never have predicted that the Council would just drop their brains and their spines, so why didn't she trust them to defend her? It's not like the Jedi were accusing her of anything at this point, only Tarkin was. If she had gone back to the Temple she wouldn't have been seen talking with Ventress and she wouldn't have been found near the nanos, so most of the charges wouldn't have existed.

No, the way I see it, they're praising her and talking about behaving like a Knight because they're eager to swipe it all under the carpet and pretend none of it ever happened.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  20. aimop95

aimop95 Jedi Knight

Dec 31, 2014
    The problem with council was that they would have just turned her over to the military, and Ahsoka might have been convicted before even any sort of evidence showed up.

Regardless, Ahsoka has advanced far along her training and I'm fairly sure Anakin would have nominated her for knighthood very soon. Obviously speculation, but she is clearly a very skilled jedi, and I'm sure her power has only grown in the 15 years since the fall of the jedi.

21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Indeed, Filoni mentions in the latest IGN interview that the wording of that is very specific, it implies that he's seen some bad stuff, and there is a reason he has chosen to take himself out in this manner.

I speculate that other inquisitors may be Force users who were stitched back together...

22. aimop95

aimop95 Jedi Knight

Dec 31, 2014

Do remember a lot of a jedi's true power comes directly from the force. Lightsaber techniques help a lot, but if you can get in the "zen" zone Kanan got himself into, where he was using the full potential of the force within him, basic attacks can become incredibly powerful. Also, the inquisitor's fighting technique clearly dominated when he had an opponent that was emotionally conflicted, I would think he had relied to much on making his opponent fearful (and from that fear, make mistakes) and capitalizing on the mistakes to the point where it became a crutch.

23. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011

She was probably near the system, and decided to pick it up for the crew. Chopper likely supplied the coordinates.

Darth Blade likes this.
  24. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015
    Just watched the episode a couple hours ago, and I thought it was finally time to actually register here instead of just lurking so I can talk about this stuff with other people.

I just read both "A New Dawn" and "Tarkin" and just binged through the entire first season of Rebels for the first time over the past two days. After having just barely finished reading those books, and then watching the show and having Tarkin appear, and especially having him and Kanan interact with each other was just too cool. I hope we get to see more of Tarkin as the series progresses. Especially now that Ahsoka is back in the picture, and we know from The Clone Wars that the two characters have some bad blood between them.

I really want to see a Vader vs. Ahsoka showdown. I think Ahsoka is a good character, and I was happy to see her in Rebels, but the longer she sticks around the less it makes sense in my opinion. She needs to die, and I've felt that way since The Clone Wars movie came out. I want to see an epic showdown though between her and Vader. Does she even know who Vader is? Does Bail Organa know? Does anybody other than Palpatine know?? I guess Obi-wan and Yoda know, and they could have told anybody, including possibly Ahsoka. I almost feel it would make for a better story if Ahsoka has no idea. And then maybe she finds out that Vader was her master, in a similar way that Luke finds out Vader is his father.

One minor thing that really bothered me about this final episode though was Ahsoka's appearance. Mainly, her tattoos. They are different shapes now and while I know this show has a different art style than The Clone Wars it is strangely distracting to me that her tattoos would have changed shapes over the years:

[​IMG]

Well, I'm rambling now. Just thought I'd come and throw in my two cents.

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Are they tattoos, or "facial markings" - with her species naturally developing them?

If she took off that headband, they'd look a little more similar I think.