main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.15 - Fire Across the Galaxy (Season Finale!!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 24, 2015.

1. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Alternatively despite being apparently made of papier mache and forlorn hopes stormtrooper armour may contain some sort of electric systems in the helmet, a heads-up display of some sort (apparently without any kind of targeting assistance, but got to keep those costs down!) and those were got knocked out by the EMP, and the feedback stunned the stormtroopers because movie sci-fi science/tech doesn't have to follow real life rules.

Basically, it happened because plot.

2. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Let's just assume it wasn't just an EMP, or at least an EMP as we understand them currently. Instead it was some kind of pulse that can both fry electronics and stun living beings. It is logical that they would have the knowledge and technology to create such a weapon.

Octavian Dibar likes this.
  3. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    TheOneX_Eleazar

Especially since the universe already has ubiquitous high energy small arms that can go from inflicting wounds via intense heat (blaster) to rendering someone unconscious via neurological/motor function disruption (stun) with a simple flick of a switch.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  4. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    I guess we just have to accept that this is Star Wars, it's not real and never will be and if they say they use a weapon that knocks out electrical systems and also people, then that's what they use.

Pfluegermeister and pepoluan like this.
  5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    TheOneX_Eleazar the problem there is that it knocked out main power throughout the ship, but only stunned the stormtroopers as far as I can tell. The greyshirts were unaffected (or at least, everyone on the bridge). Kanan and the Inquisitor were also unaffected, and they were somewhere else in the bowels of the ship. Evidently, the stormies were taken out by way of the device interacting with their helmet electronics in some way.

6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    "Boo!!!" :D

Anyone can say that anytime they wish. But I much prefer trying to suss it out between us. It's much more fun that way (and you never know what kind of cool ideas someone might come up with).

Heck, I even prefer "Word of God" pronouncements from the likes of Lucas, Filoni, etc., which at least try to give us some semblance of an explanation, over "the devil plot made me do it."

7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010

Honestly, this is kind of how it seemed to me, too.

I was just hoping that someone from Lucasfilm had addressed it. Because even though I think we probably do have a general sort of idea of what went down, the scene was sort of vague enough on the issue to at least leave me wondering.

8. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Oh yes, it's much more fun for we fans to hash it out and I am as responsible for/guilty of it as the next person (probably moreso) but it's all just fun and games. Whatever we fans decide is a cool answer or manage to iron out even the most nonsensical plot twist into a logical progression... that's far more than the writers ever did. (Just witness @Kablob's epic justification/explanation thread for Barriss suddenly becoming a terrorist.) Anyone whose a comic book reader may remember the infamous Marvel no-prizes where fans would write in to fill in gaping plot holes, the creators would be very complimentary and immediately adopt the solution provided for them, and the fan would get... a blank envelope. All in good spirits of course.

It's good fun and gets the little grey cells working but even if every fan going threw up their hands and said 'this just makes no sense at all!' it would still happen... because plot.

9. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    My take? Severe audio feedback. You know, that high-powered scream that happens whenever you brought the mic too near to the speakers.

Multiply the effect several fold by virtue of said speakers being contained in an enclosed space. Around the head.

10. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    After re-watching, it seems like Kanan used the force rage to defeat the Inquisitor, but in the end, somehow he manages to resist to the temptation of the dark side... Interesting.

11. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I think Ezra calling out to him kept him from crossing that bridge.

Erkan12 likes this.
  12. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Actually Kanan won because he was able to let go of his fear of loosing Ezra, as he thought Ezra was dead.