main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 2.01-2.02 - The Siege of Lothal - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 17, 2015.

1. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Millennium Falcon.

It's nothing new.

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I guess (hope) Filoni will have Vader kill a few Jedi before ending the show. It's what fans wanted in RoTS.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  3. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    I would prefer them to think up new mythology instead of directly referring to our own, now that they have this opportunity.

I'm aware that Star Wars has subtle references to ancient tales/cultures/religions we are used to, but it isn't a big deal wishing for something new either, instead of copy pasting names. It's not problematic, just something i noticed.

4. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    They've been doing it for the past forty years, and there's no sign that it's going to end anytime soon.

5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    They won't really have him kill that many heroes in a kids show.

6. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Depends on what their strategic objectives are. If the "anthology" films take off and the ST does well they might not want to divert the effort to keep up a less-popular(or rather divert the effort towards the more popular product).

It's not a kid's show. I wish people would stop calling it that.

7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    They won't really have him kill that many heroes in a kids show.[/quote]

No the main heroes, but other Jedi.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think having Vader Destroy another Jedi would be perfect.

CoolyFett likes this.
  9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    It's better gonna happen

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  10. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    "If we don't get those shields back online we'll be sitting ducks!"

"Die, Jedi dogs!"

"Then I'll see you in hell!"

"Are you an angel?"

Or even just: HUMANS. Identical to the native sentient species of Earth, and called humans in-universe.

IIRC some obscure piece of EU-ery once postulated that humans might not be a native species to the GFFA. Scientists were said to be unsure of the original human homeworld, with Coruscant and Corellia being speculated as likelys, but insufficient hard evidence. It kinda hinted at the idea that SW humans and real life earth humans were one and the same, with the GFFA's human population descended from human explorers from the Milky Way who were thrown vast distances across intergalactic space (and presumably also backwards in time, hence "a long time ago") by some unknown means, and, finding themselves stranded in an unfamiliar galaxy, sought out a deserted but inhabitable planet on which to begin building their own new human civilization, in this new galaxy. Eventually, as the millennia pass, they gradually forget their own origin, the old stories and information about Earth and the Milky Way are lost. Fast forward a hundred thousand years or so, and that deserted planet is now a heaving core world. Possibly Coruscant itself.

This is also an interesting page on the wook:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_references_to_Earth_in_Star_Wars

There was an undeveloped EU novel exploring the Earth-origin idea called Alien Exodus:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Exodus

11. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    Anyone know how much dialogue JEJ recorded for this season? Is it only for the season premiere movie? More?

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  12. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    The season 2 premiere episode sounds awesome. I'm glad we'll see it in the summer as opposed to the Fall.

As for the Series, I too have heard that it was only supposed to last 3 seasons. And I'm ok with it lasting only 3 Seasons. It's a wonderful show, but I always thought of it as a spacefiller to create Star Wars hype leading up to the new movie coming out. Obviously Season 2 will come out right before TFA comes out. So Season 3 will come out probably in the spring or summer next year. With about 20 episodes per season, I feel like by the 3rd season it might seem like the story is just dragging on. Ultimately I think the Ghost crew should die, primarily because they're not mentioned at all in ANH. You would think that they'd be a part of such an important Battle where the Death Star blows up. We need to know the fates of Ezra & Kanan.(and Ahsoka)

Disney could decide to end this cartoon Series after Season 3. And decide to create a new cartoon Series that takes place during the events after ROTJ, or during the events of TFA. I'll be on board with either of those. I feel confident that Filoni will come up with new characters that we'll also enjoy.

BUT, if Disney/Filoni want to continue with keeping the Ghost crew alive, I guess it could be done by having them live a whole new timeline of events that run parallel to the things that happen in ANH, and ESB, and ROTJ. They're their own Rebel crew travelling thru the galaxy, maybe fighting other battles that we never knew about. It would all be new canon stuff. But it would be so separate from the events of the movies, that it wouldn't affect the movies much at all.
    Just a thought.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Look at it this way there is still 4 years left until ANH so plenty of time for more seasons.

14. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I dont see Santa Claus, I Mr Clean and Papa Smurf.....where are you People seeing Santa Clause?

I see your point, syndication would be great, but wouldnt Disney be the only channels to syndicate the show? I think 80 episodes is perfect excluding the tv specials. But if they let another network get Star Wars it should be a package deal with TCW and Rebels, 200+ episodes they could have a new episode everyday without ever showing reruns until a new year starts. The question is does Disney own the full rights to TCW or are they locked down by Time Warner? If they are Disneys exclusively then a TCW-Rebels package syndication to a network would be the business!

15. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

I doubt we'll get a blood bath right now, but the fact is they have to deal with Ahsoka, Kanan, and Ezra as force users, because they are clearly out of play by the OT. Maybe they were successful and all on Alderaan in Ep IV. ;)

Vader's Jedi-killing credentials need some buffing. Even if we hear about him killing some no-name Jedis that managed to survive Order 66, he needs to earn the reputation he has.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  16. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Earth exists in the SW universe because of a gentlemen's agreement between Lucas and Spielberg. Yoda appeared in ET (and ET recognized him, or at least his species), and ET's people appeared in several Galactic Senate scenes in the PT.

Earth is in a nearby galaxy, according to the "backstory".

How all of this is affected by the Disney continuity purge I don't know. Wookiepedia's entry for ET's species is labeled "Legends" (arguably in error, since the species clearly did appear in SW films).

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Kanan will fall, sending Ezra even further to the dark side (don't think Ezra will die on screen or in Rebels)

As for Ahsoka, the obvious solution is falling at the hands of Vader; her failure to redeem Anakin or naively believing she would not be killed will most likely be associated with her end story.

One thing is for certain for the first episode of season 2.

If Kanan or Ezra encounter Vader again, they will die. All reviews said Vader deliberately held back in order to follow them to the main Rebel fleet.

18. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    IIRC ET said his homeworld was in the region of 3 million LY from earth.

Bearing that in mind... and taking that "gentleman's agreement" as valid in canon for both ET and the SWU... would pretty much make the GFFA the Andromeda galaxy, M31. Which is actually the closest full size spiral galaxy to our own. I guess that "far far away" part must be another of those certain-point-of-view things. :D

19. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Well, distance is relative to size. 5ft to an ant is much further a distance to travel than it is to a human.

20. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014

Engaging complete nerd mode..... we cannot take it for granted that ET's homeworld is in the GFFA. After all, humans live in the GFFA, and here was are, in the Milky Way, and I think most of us would consider Earth our homeworld., right?

;) imsuchageek

21. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    The OT is but a slice of a big galaxy.

There's a lot of the GFFA that we did NOT see in the OT.

For instance, "What of the reports of the Rebel fleet massing near Sullust?"

Did we actually see those "Rebel fleet near Sullust" in the OT? No. The details of "Battle of Sullust" came from a video game, which has been deemed non-canon/Legends (for the time being)

So, it's easy to write a parallel timeline, especially since the EU has been rendered non-canon, so there is totally nothing that limit the storywriters.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I completely Agree so many people think the movies are the be all end all Its kinda ridiculous if you think about it.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  23. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014

Absolutely true. And that's very exciting. But I do think they will resolve the Ahsoka/Kanan/Ezra story one way or another, because it is such a big question. But yeah, the GFFA is HUGE, and there is a lot of room for storytelling.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    When is the premier airing on television, has it been confirmed?

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    You make a good point with these examples, and i'm not denying that these things are mentioned and have been for the longest time. But what i do find funny is how these things find themselves a way into the actual script.

Think about it, you go through great lengths to think up an entirely different and fictional universe far far away, with exotic cultures, languages and creatures... Yet we are led to believe these things have to exist for the sake of simple familiarity.

If they have an idea/concept of hell or angels, you would not expect them to call it exactly as we do. As for that duck saying, yes, it's convenient they appeared on Naboo. I suppose they migrate interstellar...

It's not a topic that pops up often. No matter how alien these thought up universes are, they always manage to sneak in some completely earthly things. Whether it be mythology or ordinary animals.

I suppose the same could be said for galactic "basic" (english), but that is more of a necessity. But back on topic.

Iron_lord likes this.