main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 2.04 - Relics of the Old Republic - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 7, 2015.

1. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    Me: :_|:_|:_|:_|:_|
    Filoni: "Deal with it."[face_cowboy]

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  2. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    Really? Thats nice.

Hey. The battledroids had moments of competence.

3. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    Well, better late than ever, my two cents:

How awesome was that battle against the AT AT Walkers??? It really felt like the old times, and Kanan and Ezra jumping on it, it felt like TCW, even Rex was excited about it.

I wonder how much will be around Callus, he's incompetent tbh.

The final hug between Ashoka and Rex was great, I think that at the end of this season the clones will sacrifice themselves to save the Rebels.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The last batch of clones went into service in 9bby in Canon

5. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I loved seeing familiar clones again and it being explained well what they have been up to after all this time. However I'm getting really sick of Kallus now he is boring and incompetent. I'm glad that the upcoming episodes feature more diverse interesting villains like Seventh Sister. Fifth Brother, Azmorigan, the Mandalorian Bounty Hunter and Hondo, I am so tired of these generic human Imperials which is what most of the villains were for season 1 sadly.

And for hardcore EU fans I am aware that in the EU the Empire wasn't keen on aliens, but that has never been made officially canon. I think the best way around it would be for near humans to be allowed in the Empire like Zabraks, Twileks, Rodians ect, but none of the more alien species like Wookies and Ithorians. I really hope we get to see some alien Imperial officers, a lot of what made TCW so good was the unique alien villains we had among the CIS like Trench and Sobeck. The CIS were much more interesting than what the Imperials have been so far.

TheOneX_Eleazar and CIS Droid like this.
  6. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The reason for the prejudice was because of the attitudes of the high societies of the Empire in the inner core. So while it wasn't an official Imperial policy, it was held by many of the upper class, and these upper class were likely to make their way into political positions. And the prejudice existed outside the Empire.
    Oh dear me, that was EU too.

7. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

WHY?!?! wtf it was Vader's fault not Constantine's. If it was up to him the rebels would have been destroyed in the first 5 minutes of the episode, but no... Kallus had to be a douche, and Vader randomly called the star destroyer away for no reason...

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

There was a reason and that was to pick up vader.

9. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

I call B.S. all imperial shuttle variants have hyperdrives, there is no reason to change that in canon.

10. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Those aliens are not near humans. Near humans refer to people connected to baseline humans. Instead of aliens they are subspecies of humanity.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I always thought it was the other way around because the Chiss were referred to as near human in Outbound flight and they are related to humans.

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The term was used much more loosely in James Luceno's Darth Plagueis:

The Woebegone's pilot was a Balosar; her navigator, a Dresselian; and her three crew members Klatooinian, Kaleesh, and an Aqualish, of the Quara race. "Near-humans" all, to use the term favored at that time in the Core, where chauvinism had been raised to an art form.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    This confirmed that Kallus is a fool- unlike in ESB they had no reason not to use orbital bombardment - It seems that Kallus only selected walkers because he wanted to use new cool stuff or then personally see them blowing up (probably this because these rebs have made fool of him so many times- he want to see them suffer and die to be sure).

Perhaps it would have made sense if clones would have had some shield generators there just in case or something to force the Empire go to land attack. Or if not orbital bombardment they could have used tie bombers for aerial small scale bombing.

Real reason for all this is of course because writers needed to make rebels survive, Kallus has to be idiot for this reason. But I liked the way Konstantine actually made a good point and would have easily succeeded in the mission.

Yeah maybe that is excusable then but I dislike the way Filoni all the time talks about stormtroopers being worse than clones which makes decision to stop their use completely very unbelievable in-universe. It would've made sense for the Emperor to start training of birth-born recruits but still have elite clone units in case of emergency. It seems that Dave just personally loves clones and wants that they have nothing to do with the evil empire- only that one damn chip makes them to do one evil thing (order 66) otherwise they are more pure heroes than jedi ever...

14. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    Actually it confirms a Kallus characterization from Season One, Droids in Distress in which Kallus prefers the challenge/thrill of combat up closer and personal believing in his own/Empire superiority. Kallus attitude is reminiscent of the Imperial officers seen in ANH and am glad that Filoni has captured the spirit of smug superiority.

... that sounds like a really boring TV show. Imperials show up, blast the heroes to death with orbital bombardment, and leave...that would take all of 5 minutes and nobody would watch it.

15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yes, thank you. The AT-AT vs. AT-TE battle was visually awesome with the sandstorm and the depiction of the small quirky walker up against the original walking death machines. Clone Troopers are immensely superior to Imperials, it's obvious watching the saga, so i'm not surprised they outsmarted them and took out the lumbering machines. Seeing Jedi jump up on the top of the AT-AT and cut through was awesome as well, it did make it feel like the old days of the Clone Wars. It's not like Kallus or his drivers could do that either.

Speaking of Kallus, i like your read on his characterization with his visceral need for the personal takedown...

CIS Droid and Iron_lord like this.
  16. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    He seems rather sadistic as well. So he likely enjoys the "thrill of the hunt" and seeing his enemies fall up close and personal. This goes all the way back to him taunting Zeb apart wiping out Zeb's species, and almost laughing about it.

Also this is the same Empire that was SO SURE that the Rebels couldn't possibly EVER successfully attack the Death Star that they took next to no real security precautions. Heck they even mocked the notion that they should. So yeah, Imperial arrogance is nothing new.

17. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    The problem with that scene is that they even mention such an option without giving a good reason not to. Orbital bombardment seems the obvious choice if the goal is to kill. If the goal is capture though, which makes sense they would want to capture and get information, his decision makes sense. The scene as is just makes him look inept, and stupid which is just poor story telling in my opinion.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Hyrum_Solo like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    the AT-AT v AT-ET battle was definitely a highlight and it's interesting way to use a budget workaround (have it set in a sandstorm!) to give it a sense of scope yet not blow the budget if it's all set in daylight. It had a real tank battle feel, which is something that was fun to see. I also liked when the Clones were befuddled that the AT-ATs were able to stand upright with just four legs.

Watto, Iron_lord and TheOneX_Eleazar like this.
  19. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    To be fair, it was a very old AT-TE. :p

But yeah, an AT-AT would outclass an AT-TE in it's prime any day of the week. Heck, the armor alone was 10x better than on the AT-TE. The blasts rocked the AT-TE, while the AT-TE's main battery barely scored the armor on the AT-AT. The AT-AT is bigger, more heavily armored, faster, and more heavily armed than an AT-TE. Though, you gotta admit, the AT-TE has less weak points than the AT-AT. The AT-TE may be vulnerable to a well placed shot to the cockpit, while the AT-AT is vulnerable to a well placed shot into the neck, but the AT-AT is top heavy, and thus vulnerable if the legs are attacked, something not so in the AT-TE. The Rebel Alliance exposed the weakness of the legs at the Battle of Hoth. It should also be noted, that these AT-ATs are an earlier class than the ones we see at Hoth, It's more heavily built, with aft guns, and a more armored neck joint. The chin guns are also able to pivot, where the later models are dependent on the range of motion the cockpit has. The side guns on the cockpit must make up for this, as they're bigger on the later model. I can't be certain, but I'm also fairly sure that this early model AT-AT is higher off the ground than the later AT-AT model, adding to its top heavy vulnerability. It's possible the Empire learned from early engagements like these involving the AT-AT and made adjustments by the time of Hoth.

thatotherjedi likes this.
  20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    From the toon alone, the AT-AT could not best the AT-TE in battle, its cannons failed to do significant damage even at close range. AT-TE's can also scale mountains and operate in space . The AT-TE's scaling ability gave it the advantage and neck shot, it was just outnumbered.

21. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Depends who you ask. I find a couple minutes of maniacal laughing quite refreshing.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Vorax like this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That's a good way to end your show and that's not kallus's style.

23. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    I have a theory for where Gregor and Wolffe went.

They probably joined the group, but are currently going through psychotherapy due to how damaged they are compared to Rex. The Alliance would need its fighters in tip-top mental condition.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There was a deleted scene were they take over a newly painted AT-AT

25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Yeah, but unfortunately this circumstance Filoni cancels out the EU Clone War origin and development of the AT-AT. Back in the EU Clones already manned first gen AT-AT's at the Battle of Jabiim.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.