main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 2.05 - Always Two There Are - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 24, 2015.

1. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Watching it again just now. Found it mildly interesting that Rex has yet identify his Jedi General by name...

2. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Same.

I'm watching it again, and the final scene with Kanan's reaction of surprise and fear to finding out from Sabine, Ezra, and Zeb that they were attacked by Inquisitors and two of them at that was interesting. He shook his head that he wasn't aware that there were more. I wonder if they set it up so that he thought that the Inquisitor at the end of season one was the apprentice to Vader. Rex was also surprised, and the tone of his voice was one of concern as well towards not knowing what they were up against IMO. Kanan's thoughtful pose also struck me as thinking about what move to make next, but being lost on what move to make.

MandaloreRex2015 and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    If I saw it correctly, wasn't that the Republic insignia? Which happens to look very similar to the Imperial one?

4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    A step up from the previous episode, definitely.

The good:
    I liked Zeb's rescue mission, it was funny and had me respect Zeb more. So it seems he can be serious sometime, good thing.
    I like Konstantine and I sorta like Kallus a little, even if he is an idiot. It helps to have good voice actors.

The bad:
    Inquisitors are laughably incompetent, 7 is actually worse than 5. Lots of empty blabla. Best (worst) line paraphrased: Why don't you just give up? I don't find them interesting either.
    Kanan was kinda ... off?
    The plot was about as generic and predictable as they come, ripped straight out of Alien.
    Rex is boring without the conflicts that he had during TCW.

Generous 4/10

fett 4 likes this.
  5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Yes, its the Republic logo, but it can be confused for the Imperial(even Hasbro erroneously gave Ezra in cadet uniform the Republic logo instead of Imperial and they've made mistakes like that before over the years):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  6. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Whenever people talk about the the republic/imperial logo I always think of my lego jedi starfighter and tie fighter that have the designs painted on the little round "pizza" lego pieces. :p

7. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I don't think that's being generous to Alien. In Alien, characters actually died. :p Someone should have been at least wounded in this episode.

True Sith, CIS Droid, fett 4 and 5 others like this.
  8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I just watched the Rebels Recon video and Dave Filoni said we've seen the Grand Inquisitor during TCW, but we didn't realize we saw him. Any idea on who he may be or what episode(s) I should watch that have Pau'ans in them?

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Nope, it's a big mystery and we only have speculation, no evidence at all.

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    It'll be like playing where is Waldo. They seem to like turning background characters into important characters every so often, they just make it up.

fett 4 likes this.
  11. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Freddie Prinze Jr said we will have the answer in a future episode.

12. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    So, anybody else notice the synth in the Seventh Sisters voice? Vocal implant, maybe? She also seems to have more control over herself than the 5th Brother, and generally seems to be more take-charge than the 5th Brother.

13. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I can see her killing the Fifth Brother and proclaiming her the Grand Inquisitor. You don't hire Sarah Michelle Gellar and have her character killed off within a few episodes.

14. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Fifth brother had the right idea, just kill the hero and be done with it.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Also I really hope he kills her.

16. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    No, I am tired of the villains conveniently offing each other.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

To each there own, but it is the way of the dark side most of the time.

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    The way of the darkside is a dumb excuse imo. Vader and Palpatine had valid reason for turning on each other. But who needs motivations if you have tropes to blindly follow?

19. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Also they have to do something if they can't kill any of the main cast.

Vorax likes this.
  20. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    This was a good episode. It might even be my favourite Rebels episode. Poor inquisitors. The seventh sister just falls on her face ( a part of the episode i watched multible times because i found it funny ) and fifth brother wasnt allowed to kill anyone. I loved the droids SS had. Ive always loved halloween esque episodes. Like brain invaders and legacy of terror in TCW. Also, Zeb was great in this episode. Also liked the Kanan and Rex scenes. We need a Hera episode though. She hasnt really got one besides the republic base episode, and that was more of a Sabine episode.

jakobitis89 and thatotherjedi like this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I did, it drove me nuts. It sounded like my phone when I use Siri. Which is why I never use Siri.

AkashKedavra_93 and jcgoble3 like this.
  22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I really hope she is not some kind of clone.

cwustudent likes this.
  23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    From the main Rebels thread... We were thinking a Jedi temple guard ("the Wrong Jedi") was a possible candidate for the Grand Inquisitors identity on the Clone Wars:
    1) Double bladed saber wielder, drone like, possibly coerced to imperial loyalty during Order 66.
    2) Falls under Filoni's promise that there would be a couple masked Clone Wars characters that we would see unmasked.

TiniTinyTony and CIS Droid like this.
  24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    That sounds far too logical to be the case IMO.

Removed.

25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Sorry I'm a bit late to the "child warrior" discussion, but I do wish to point out - for better or worse - that up until a century or so ago, there was no concept of adolescence in our world. You were a child, then you shouldered adult responsibilities. (And of course, usually there were strong gender-assigned roles at the same time.)

When children are raised with the idea there's a threshold between the two - not a period of half-child/half-adult - they quite likely (how do I want to say it without sounding like I'm putting adolescents down) to emotionally mature? earlier.

I'd think an orphan like Ezra or children in combat zones mature faster as well - when life depends on it, they don't have the luxury of adolescence.