main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 2.06 - Brothers of the Broken Horn - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 31, 2015.

1. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I'm 51, and I was very excited for a pirate Jedi :)

2. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Hondo seems to have mellowed out a bit.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    He said Rang, which I guess was a clan mentioned in Dark Disciple.

And here's a breakdown of the flags in the TFA trailer. Sauce.
    [​IMG]

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Ah thank you for posting Todd! symbols I find interesting
    Hondo 14
    Clan Vizsla 6c
    Mandalorian 12
    Black Sun 7

5. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Removed.

It was great to see Hondo back, I miss his old crew though. I'm glad Vizago is okay. Hopefully the tension between Hondo and Vizago will be a reoccurring thing in future episodes.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well Fett is not Mandalorian, unless they change that(again). But that bantha skull logo was as used by Death Watch members back in TCW, so its not at all limited to Fett we learn. Thats quite a few banners, which seems they're affiliated and under the command of someone, or its just some glorified pub they all hang out at out on neutral ground or something. Or could be a reformed Shadow Collective, Maul refused to slaughter the Bounty Hunters(which are essentially mercs) back in Hutt retreat, and let them flee - which would lend that he had use for their talents in the future.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The Evil U.N!:p

8. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    TheSilentInfluence why on Earth was that removed? You have got to be kidding me?

EDIT: was it about the youtube thing? It wasn't like I put a link...

9. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    There were some great quotes in this episode:

"I don't deal with washed up old relics."
    "Come now, let's leave your wife out of this."

"You lied to me! I knew I liked you."

"I'm Rich!... I'm Dead!"

"Technically they were my generators", Cut to Ezra waving goodbye in an escape pod.

"Oh the stories I could tell. So many of them true..." [face_laugh] This is a great parody of the line from the new TFA trailer. I never expected Rebels to make a joke out of it.

However, the music during Chopper's rescue was again taken from the films, namely ANH this time. The theme when Hondo left at the end sounded very similar to Luke and Leia from ROTJ as well. It's getting more annoying each time it happens.

There was an appropriate track reused from TCW, which was Indian Pop Source from way back in Dooku Captured. I like that Hondo's still listening to the same tunes 20 years on.

I wonder whether Anakin or Obi-Wan was Hondo's old jedi 'friend'.

10. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    No doubt Hondo was referring to Obi-Wan. He had the most run ins with him, and sort of respected him in his pirate way.

11. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    I haven't seen anyone point out that in Kanan: The Last Padawan -- isn't Kanan paired up with Pirate Kasmir for a while post-Fall of the Republic?

Jusy Ezra doesn't wait so long to make a decision its not the life he wants.

12. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    This is from the piracy policy Serrow posted a while back.

Don't discuss where you've watched the episodes if it isn't legal. That's against the piracy policy as well and that's why it was removed.

CIS Droid and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  13. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Ah, thanks Silent, good call. I didn't realize how serious it was thank you.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  14. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015

I forgot to reply to you. Thanks for showing me this.

15. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    That was the best line in the entire series! [face_laugh]

You forgot the best part:
    Vizago: "I despise children."

Agreed. The rehashing of almost every single OT theme is really starting to get on my nerves. In the preview for the next episode, I swear they were using Leia's theme, or a similar sounding track, during Hera's monologue.

Either him, or Ahsoka. He kinda ran into her a lot, too. That was why I was sorta disappointed that she didn't appear at the end, and the episode drop off with:

Hondo: "Ahhh! My old friend!"
    Ahsoka: "Oh lord, not you..."

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Not to sound too biased, but that scene alone, complete with seeing Ahsoka rolling her eyes, would've boosted my episode grade up at least 1 notch, maybe 2. Unless I'm mistaken, Ahsoka was the last of the Jedi to have anything to do with Hondo before Order 66 occurred (if going by the TCW timeline).

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Nah I would rather have Ashoka say
    "Oh Hell"

I mean they said hell in Rookies. :p

18. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    And whiny parents threw a fit. As if they never let their kids watch the movies with the same words. :p

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    OOOOoooohh.... Hondo and Ahsoka are bound to meet! It will be fun to see them interact after the episodes "Bounty Hunters", "Tipping Points" and the Young Jedi arc from "The Clone Wars".
    BUT... it could be another chance for this show to waste a great opportunity for some awesome interactions between character that have met or have a history. I am, of course, talking about making the Seventh Sister and not just using Barriss Offee. (I know some will defend LF's decision, but you Ahsoka and it would be just too good not have Barriss).

So yeah, Hondo and Ahsoka on a ship against the Empire - it is going to happen!

20. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

On one hand I agree, even my much anticipated Rex and Ahsoka interactions have been put to the wayside for now.

On the other hand, they are trying to keep the Ghost crew front and center and having the show become TCW reunion is not what they are going for.

On another hand, yes three hands, I'm not sure how well a Hondo and Ahsoka meeting would go for Hondo... Or if it would be worth bringing Barriss back when you have the big Vader connection instead.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am happy we are done with the TCW characters fort a while with only one more on the horizon
    Cham Syndulla

22. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    So, will Cham and his group make an appearance this season?

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    As far as I know only
    cham appears

Darth Wookiee likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Just watched.

The opening was...ugh.

"What if I don't want to do either?"
    "What is that supposed to mean?"
    ...It means STFU, all of you, because you are annoying.

Ezra continues his homework practice from the Skywalker Academy of Whining, and takes off on his own to board some ship covered with tiny green life forms.

Ezra: "I'm Lando Calrissian." LOL, no. And you'd better be glad Hera likes you better.

"I don't deal with old relics." "Let's leave your wife out of this." Lol, ouch.

"You lied to me? I knew I liked you!" Never change, Hondo.

I'm not sure droids being blown out of a hangar is worth the Star Wars main theme.

It's kind of bad when Chopper is the best part of this episode.

"Pirate Jedi"? Yo ho ho and a bottle of whatever the hell Obi-Wan drinks in the Outlander Club.

Sap at the end. Gotta go brush my teeth.

5/10

Vorax and CIS Droid like this.
  25. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    The beginning and end were pretty terrible and preachy. But other than that I liked Hondo for the most part.