main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 2.06 - Brothers of the Broken Horn - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 31, 2015.

1. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

Probably some time ago, Hondo speaks of them in the past and he seems to have been down on his luck for a while.

Edit:
    I got tickets for 730pm CST on Dec 17! No spoils for me!:p

Ugh, they had spittle all over too. ...

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    TK-421 Is vader I think the forums will crash that day. :p

And yes his jowls did move more then in the Lando episode.

thatotherjedi likes this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I did think the spittle stood out more in this episode. Might have been the difference in the lighting- before they were on his ship, where things were relatively dim. Here they were in a very bright hangar, so stuff like that would stand out more.

4. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

Ugh....

Keep him in the dark then, please. (Why spittle, Rebels team? Couldn't you have animated a nice coat for Hondo instead?)

5. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Why did hondo complain about losing his crew without mentioning the far more important coat?

Valairy Scot and CIS Droid like this.
  6. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015

Because it was the coat that betrayed him.

7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Do you think Hondo will ever get revenge?

CIS Droid likes this.
  8. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015

Im afraid not. I can't imagine Hondo destroying a cape that handsome. If he did he could never live with himself.

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think his sword would've held more value than his buccaneer coat.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    But his coat is so much more A part of him then his sword.

TK-421 Is vader and CIS Droid like this.
  11. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    The coat came to the Weequay Hondo Ohnaka, who took it to his lair on Florrum, and there it consumed him. The coat gave to Hondo an unnatural accent and sense of fashion. For five years it poisoned his mind; and in the gloom of Hondo's ship, it waited. Darkness crept back into the galaxy. Rumor grew of a shadow in the Outer Rim, whispers of a nameless fear, and the coat perceived. Its time had now come. It abandoned Hondo. But then something happened that the coat did not intend. It was picked up by the most unlikely being imaginable. One Lando Calrissian, of Socorro. For the time will soon come when Calrissians will shape the fortunes of all...

12. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I was really disappointed by this one, after the previous episodes with them squeezing in the clone troopers I thought this was a clone wars character too far. It felt like a filler episode to me. The highlight was an appearance by Lando though :)

13. Aeneas 1138

Aeneas 1138 Jedi Knight star 1

May 1, 2014
    That was great. I always wondered what happened to good old Hondo; now I know.

14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I can understand that. They will get to that eventually. The reason is that the two TCW heroes are developed and do not need much in terms of interaction to make us like them. The LF crew knows that. Also, they might know also that a lot of the Lothal rebels have been lacking development. Yeah, they take up screen, but they do not evolve or grow. Zeb has not changed at all for almost 20 episodes. We are not getting a lot of Ahsoka or Rex cause the Lothal rebels need the screen time and they need it badly. One thing that has been lacking on "Rebels" is the main heroes's growth and evolution. Ezra or Kanan being in every episode does not make them more complex characters so far. Ezra Bridger, for example, has had a rushed "becoming a Jedi" story. Thankfully, the creators have slowed down his training to become a Jedi and after 20 episodes Ezra acted like a real Disney Princess by digressing to his pre-"Ghost" crew days. He is being trained to be a Jedi and has target practice by one of the best surviving soldiers from the Clone War, and all of a sudden Ezra starts backtalking cause reasons.
    Sabine is promised to get more screen time this season so who knows what will happen with her character.
    I like "Rebels"! I really do, but the characters have been mishandled so far. The stories themselves have not offered them material or reason to grow much. Kanan is the only one who really is changing or shows a lot of character.
    The whole TCW reunion is more or less for those of us who miss the previous show and the people behind "Rebels" know that many will get a nice kick out of having Hondo, Rex and others appear on the new series. Sadly, the awesomeness of "The Clone Wars" characters highlights the flaws of the "Rebels" heroes.

As for the meeting between Hondo and Ahsoka... well, last we saw them together, the two of them ended their interaction on a positive note by escaping General Grievous and surviving the takeover of Florrum. So who knows... I would love Ahsoka to say like in the old days "HONDO!".

15. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    So after missing a few episodes, I spent last night binge-watching the last four episodes off the DVR, and I have two stupid questions about this episode:

1. Why is everyone so convinced that Hondo is telling the truth about losing his crew? He was obviously lying about winning the ship from Vizago, so why would you trust the other things he said in that scene?

2. When first the thug and later Hondo were on that sled thing being launched toward space, WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST JUMP OFF?

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That is a good point- Hondo could still have his crew. Normally we can take a character at their word, but this is Hondo we're talking about here. ;)

As for not jumping off the sled- shock? Too quick? Weighed down by the gold? iunno

jcgoble3 likes this.