main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 2.09 - Stealth Strike - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 22, 2015.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2.09!!
    Stealth Strike
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Wednesday on Disney XD. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

2. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Is that a real screencap? Woah! I don't think I've seen the E-11 firing up close with detail like that before!

3. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Was waiting for this episode thread! So hype!

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  4. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Wow that image! This episode has me more pumped than any episode this season. The Interdictor, Rex, and who knows what else the episode has to offer!

Edit: [​IMG]

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Those images are sweet. I hope this episode rules.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013

Sato should look where he is going...

7. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    The pictures alone got me going crazy! This episode looks to up the action. I've loved every episode so far, but the lack of action was missed. Glad to see some Imperials vs Rebels!

CIS Droid and thatotherjedi like this.
  8. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Rex should totally get a shave. At least Wolfe had a pretty cool beard.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  9. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Are those Rebshirts actually FIGHTING?.....Well say goodbye to phoenix squadron. Whats left now anyway? Two corvettes and two A-wings? One is probabley destroyed this episode as well.

10. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013
    All Wolffe needs is a monocle and he would look like he stepped out of Victorian times...

Meh, it's Phoenix squadron, if they didn't get killed off and reappeared the next episode I would be disappointed.

AkashKedavra_93 and cwustudent like this.
  11. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Sato and redshirts getting their hands dirty!!! FINALLY!!! :D

12. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    It does seem odd the one minute PS has three A-wings and the next episode they have like 4 more. Same things for the corvettes. I either hope the Rebels stop loosing stuff or that they finally take some losses.

13. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    LOL Yep. Lose some redshirts in a previous episode? No problem, Sato Redshirt Industries has the product for you: Replacement redshirts!

As an added bonus, these replacements come trained and ready to fly A-Wing's free of charge!

jcgoble3, SimeonBlith, Kentoa and 2 others like this.
  14. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    I think you just won the internet.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  15. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    I know people have mentioned it, but Kanan dressed up as a stormtrooper while using a lightsaber is a great throwback to the concept art. Hopefully he will have his helmet on while activating the saber.
    [​IMG]

This episode looks great, I'm really excited for it.

SimeonBlith and spaulagain like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This already looks to be an improvement over last weeks.

17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I like Santa Rex, but I wouldn't mind seeing him shave that beard off and maybe look a little more like his former self.

Inversely, I wish he'd ditch that old Republic armor longer than for just this mission. I mean, that's something we know he won't ever do. There's a familiarity with it; not to mention Rex flat-out claims that it is of a high quality not really seen anymore (well, except in Mando gear -- even with the old EU tossed out, that stuff's still gotta be tops, right?).

I just envisioned Rebel Rex looking more like this:

[​IMG]

Anyway... [face_blush]

I cannot wait for this one! As some others have said, the pictures alone sell it. Rex in Stormtrooper armor! And just look at that photo of Kanan in Stormie gear, firing an E-11 and wielding a lightsaber! :eek:

Bring it on.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  18. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    I expect this to be good as long as it's not written by Kevin Hopps.

19. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    What's wrong with Kevin Hopps? He wrote some awesome episodes such as Out of Darkness, Always Two There Are, and Blood Sisters....

20. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    I enjoy this show immensely, but I don't really care for how he writes..

Notably Ezra... and I honestly don't dislike Ezra but Ezra always seems at his most immature and cringey when Kevin Hopps writes him and I especially do not like the Zeb/Ezra sibling dynamic he seems to favor in Fighter Flight, Out of Darkness, Idiot's Aray, Always Two There Are. As for Blood Sisters I didn't really like how fast the Sabine/Ketsu drama was swept under the rug and she had a change of heart so easily. That whole thing felt rushed for me. His episodes are not my cup of tea. He did good Lando and Seventh Sister dialogue tho. I'll give him that, but his episodes are the only episodes I dislike in the series.

cwustudent and thatotherjedi like this.
  21. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Despite the flaws, I find myself enjoying just about every episode. I think I'm a bit obsessed with the show and its characters.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  22. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    Another great thing about Stealth Strike, our first look at The Future of the Force in Rebels Recon!

23. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    As much as I love the three preview clips we get, I think I may try to start avoiding them. We pretty much know how the episode goes because of all the clips. Takes some of the excitement out of it.

24. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I already like how this episode started. :D

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am getting a very malevolence vibe from this episode.

CIS Droid likes this.