main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 2.09 - Stealth Strike - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 22, 2015.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, Admiral Titus was pretty cool. Almost sounded like Seth Green.

Also, while we've had some creative uses of the Force, Ezra activating his lightsaber while it's attached to the stormie's belt is pretty awesome, but the stormie proceeding to turn wildly about with it slicing up the floor is just pure win. [face_laugh]

2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    This was great, my favorite episode since The Siege of Lothal, and easily the most I've ever liked Ezra; he was actually pretty awesome.

Two best parts (as others have mentioned) were Ezra activating his lightsaber while attached to the Stormtropper's belt and Rex nailing that Stormtrooper with his helmet [face_laugh]

3. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Yo, Stealth Strike coming up!

Sato is not impressed, Ezra.
    Kanan is not impressed, Rex.
    Blondie Imp is not impressed, Ezra.
    Rex is impressed, Sabine.
    Rex is not impressed, Kanan.
    Lol, Rex rattling off numbers. Imperial beauracracy at its best.
    Kallus is impressed, but not blondie.
    Rex is not impressed, Kanan.
    Rex is not impressed, elevator shenanigans.
    Stormies are not impressed, Ezra.
    Did Ezra just stun Kanan and Rex?!?! ^:)^ Then is caught out in his lie by Chopper!
    "You should've set it to kill.... just in case it wasn't us"!!
    Ezra is not impressed, Kanan and Rex.
    Ezra is all Metal Gear sneaking around.
    That "No OSHA Compliance" is really hurting the Empire.
    Rex just chucks the helmet and hits a stormie!
    Sato is kinda impressed, Ezra!
    Kanan is.... impressed, Rex.
    Oh, damn, blondie has a mouth on him. Rex you better punch him or something.
    Interrogation droid?!? No!!!
    "I gotta get my friend"!!!
    Sato is impressed, Ezra! Good job!
    Aww, they had a moment[face_peace]
    Chopper wins with the highest kill count this episode.
    Kallus is not impressed, blondie.
    Excellent 9/10

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Easily my favorite episode this season (I don't count Siege of Lothal pilot) one of the best of entire show- along with the Empire Day.
    + Imperials with faces- and even a named character that was quite fun
    + Nice EU/legends- reference this gravity well generator
    + Other rebels than main cast goes in to firefight with stormtroopers- more this please and even some casualties please
    + Impersonating stormtroopers- classic star wars
    +Chopper looks nice with black/gray/dark red patterns
    +Ezra shooting Rex and Kanan:p - good than he uses stun as default(and good that it was mentioned how close it was that Ezra actually kills them)
    +Imperial engineers/gunners make an appearance

- No rebel casualties really...
    -Rex hating stormtrooper armor feels bit forced- it is very similar to clone troopers.... but then again he already hated phase 2 helmet... but there really is no reason other than Filoni doesn't want to link good clones to evil stormtroopers too closely. Still would like to see some clone who serves the Empire- obviously some serve in training academies. Would like to see Imperial Cody some time.
    - If Titus is an admiral- why he wears different uniform (of security officer)- and what's up with these imperial names? Titus, Constantine- are they all romans or something....ok Roman Empire I get it.... but still... next we have Captain Augustus or something...

5. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
  6. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    I thought black uniforms weren't used by Imperial Navy officers? http://www.theforce.net/swtc/insignia/uniforms.html#navy
    If he has a black uniform he is a Naval Subofficer (NCO), which is a little low to be captain of a cruiser, I thought.

1. Black-suited officers

One persistent point of uncertainty is the enigmatic class of officer who dress entirely in black and bear rank squares and cylinders like Army, Navy and ISB officers. There is more than one logical categorisation for these officers. In all cases, the uniform seems to indicate membership of an elite force separate from regular command. They have a fearsome reputation, as shown by the unusual alarm of New Republic leaders facing the prospect of a surviving black-uniformed Moff during the Black Fleet Crisis [Tyrant's Testpp.159,162].
    Stormtrooper officers appear to be among the wearers of this uniform (eg. those associated with the capture of Tantive IV). Some were aides to Lord Vader. The recently-published STAR WARS Visual Dictionaryconfirms that stormtrooper officers do indeed wear the black garb, but whether they are the only officers to do so remains unsettled.
    Detention block supervision and involvment in the search for the stolen Death Star plans suggest a role in security and analytic activity, perhaps as part of (or in conjunction with) Imperial Intelligence. Lieutenant Tanbris' reporting of the Yavin battle circumstances to Lord Vader may reflect a the security role, or otherwise indicates that some elite pilot officers also wear the black uniform. Black-clothed officers were also seen at a Devastator gunnery station. If these men are all stormtrooper officers then it seems that as well as serving as the marines of the Empire, stormtroopers have roles which include special political/security concerns.

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/order.html#notes-navies

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Some ISB, like Kallus wear black, as well as the more standard white jacket.

8. Hyrum_Solo

Jul 1, 2015
    A ship captain shouldn't be wearing black as far as I can tell.

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It is a little odd- unless the Imperial Security Bureau ranks go all the way up to Admiral, and they have their own ships.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Maybe he put his suit in with a lot of black clothes and the dye ran?

jcgoble3, cwustudent and CIS Droid like this.
  11. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Excellent episode.
    I feel like this episode marks the start of the trust between Kanan and Rex
    + New villain, an admiral this time and we see hints of rivalries between him and Kallus, interesting. Too bad he looks ugly though.
    + Kanan/Rex team-up was really entertaining
    + Chopper the Hero, I approve and rolling on Ezra's fingers is always a plus for me.
    + New ship even though those dome thingies on it make it looks silly.
    + 4th wall breaking with the stolen ship
    + "Those armors doesn't protect from anything" I agree with you sadly.
    + "You shot us! I can't believe you shot us!"
    + "Protocol nonsense." [face_laugh]
    + Commander Sato actually doing something beside standing there

-/+ Cody namedrop, I don't know if this foreshadow his upcoming appearance, I'll feel pretty meh about it if this does happen.
    -/+ Ezra's lighsaber skills, I think Ahsoka taught him some tricks because he reminded me of her for some reason.

- No rebel casualties, oh well.
    - Yeah, we know Ezra is a wonder kid, I don't need characters to remind me this everytime they see Ezra in action. Thank you.
    In short, a humor episode like I want with a few nitpicks. 8/10
    Next week, return of Buffy and Sharky, babies and maybe a Ahsoka/inquisitors fight if this is not a 2 parter.

12. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm relieved that this episode wasn't the 22 minute ANH Clone I was afraid it was going to be. Nice Kanan action and a new imperial admiral to use instead of overusing Kallus, I think this series is starting to pick up again

13. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

Could just be the signs of old age. His growth is accelerated so he is probably older than we think.

14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    That could be it too. :/ But I wouldn't be surprised if Rex has nightmares from time to time.

15. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    Good episode. Shame the new star destroyer got destroyed in its first episode. The Malevolence at least got three.Chopper almost killed Ezra. The stormtroopers were their usual selfs, shame they didn't kill a single Rebel soldier. Have the stormtroopers killed anyone at all? Karan and Rex teacup was good. I liked how Ezra escaped. The new admiral was cool and nice to see imperial gunners. Mentioning Cody was nice. Good explosion, almost as good as

9/10

16. spaulagain

spaulagain Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2014
    I absolutely loved this episode. So many good things about it...

1. The gravity star destroyer
    2. Seeing Rex speak his Clone wars stuff
    3. See Rex confront the officer and their fantastic dialog
    4. Kanan and Rex's joke about the Stormtroopers not being able to aim/shoot and then Rex blaming it on the helmet
    5. Seeing Ezra be more independent and get into some serious action
    6. Kanan going back for Rex and mending that relationship. I was really worried they were going to kill off Rex.

The whole episode had me giggling like a little kid with all the little ques, jokes, and tie ins with the PT and the OT. So much awesome!

TheSilentInfluence and CIS Droid like this.
  17. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    I liked the fourth wall breaking with the Clonetroopers are Stormtroopers debate lol that is exactly how the fans are, can't remember the exact exchange I'm paraphrasing here

KANAN: He's a stormtrooper!
    HERA: No, he was a Clone trooper
    KANAN: What's the difference?
    REX: There's a big difference

18. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    That's not what breaking the fourth wall is. :/ Hera was just stating a fact, Rex is not a Stormtrooper.

19. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    Wow. How is it that in one action-packed episode there was more character development for three characters than there was in the entire last three episodes (which were "focused" on developing Ezra, Sabine and Hera)?

Kanan. Combined with Clone Commanders, Relics, and Stealth represents an effective conclusion to Kanan arc to overcome his past as evidenced by his animosity towards Rex. The tension that was built over multiple episodes pays off huge with the silent salute at the end.

Rex. We find out about his past,that he was a trainer at an Imperial academy, is loyal to the Republic, and continues to be selfless. There is even time in the episode to address the poor aim of Stormtroopers.

Ezra. I actually liked Ezra as a hero in this episode. I got a better sense that Ezra's confidence is matched to his skills and I like his the parkour /Jedi style (vs. the general Jedi acrobatics of TCW).

There was even time to develop Sato and the new Imp.

Rebels most definitely hit this one out of the park.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and spaulagain like this.
  20. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Man there was a point in this ep where I really thought Rex was going to buy it. Glad that Kanan went back for him.

Also, it seems like stormtrooper armor protection, and stormtrooper helmet fov really is crap. I don't know why the empire would make it that way when they could make it better (and did, in the past), but there it is.

spaulagain likes this.
  21. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    The Empire preferred quantity over quality. A lot of equipment they made was made to be mass produced, so Stormtrooper armour was cheap and TIE fighters had no life support or shields.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It stands to reason that Titus is wearing the black uniform because of his special command - much like the Imp Engineers were wearing special uniforms as well. He's not an admiral commanding a fleet - he's an admiral overseeing the development and testing of new navy vessels.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I guess my only issue is that there is no casualties on the rebels side. It's a shame since they finally showed Commander Sato and co. actually doing something, it was a chance the balance the last losses with a success especially after they introduced a new ship that could hurt the growing rebellion, instead they decided to play it safe and the new ship is destroyed by the end of the episode.

24. Hyrum_Solo

Jul 1, 2015
    Hardly new, the Interdicter Class Crusier has been around since 5 yrs after the end of the CW.
    NEU source: SW:Tarkin

25. spaulagain

spaulagain Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2014
    It's still in testing/development. It's "new"