main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 2.09 - Stealth Strike - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 22, 2015.

1. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

Oh, I agree. Thanks for explaining Vorax! Yea phase 1 darktroopers would have been cooler. I agree on the campy stuff getting old.

I wish that we could get some competent on-screen star wars villains... we really haven't seen any competent villains since order 66 in ROTS, or dark Umbara TCW arc.

Also my 3000th post!!! :D

EDIT: NEVERMIND my 2,300th post :p

Vorax likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Then vader cuts his head off?

Good. :p

La Calavera likes this.
  3. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I'm all for having some competent villains. Now that we have Phoenix Squadron on what seems a more regular basis, if we do get one they hopefully have something to shoot at.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    This was a brilliant episode!

One of the best.

5. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    I imagine they could... but it didn't happen in the course of the OT story. So plain and simple - it wasn't in there.

6. SimeonBlith

SimeonBlith Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2015
    Maybe when a kid destroyed their prototype they decided.... Eh maybe not, and scrapped the whole thing.

7. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    It is suggested in Rebel's Recon that they were present at Endor....

8. spaulagain

spaulagain Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2014
    I'm not a huge fan of Ezra either but this episode helped me gain more respect for him. The first couple seasons of TCW, I despised Ahsoka at first. But by the end of TCW she was my favorite characters in the SW universe.

Ahsoka gained a lot of the strengths in Anakin, without the temptations and emotional compromises he suffered from.

Her falling out with the Jedi council proved to me one of the most impactful part of the TCW. It truly showed the paranoia of the council and their own faults that could justifiably sway Anakin away from them.

I'd be curious to see if Ezra has his own critical impact on the formation of the Alliance and the evens leading up to ANH.

thatotherjedi likes this.
  9. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I'm just wondering why that stormtrooper had it on his belt as they're taking Ezra to the brig. Why not lock it away wherever it is they put confiscated weapons? It just felt to me the only reason that stormtrooper had Ezra's weapon on his belt was so that Ezra could use it.

10. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I think you're digging the bottom of the barrel there.

11. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Again, it is funny that the stormtrooper armor seems to be in this episode and elsewhere lambasted for being mass produced crap when earlier in the shows it lets it's wearer survive huge explosions and being tossed into the air. And then later on we see that same stormtrooper get the same treatment and he just seems annoyed about it. Considering by modern standards that makes stormtrooper armor insanely protective from current threats like IEDs and the like, it makes you wonder just what caliber the clones were after.

And of course, Rex is probably also griping about the stormtrooper armor because he's no longer fresh out of the vat and isn't quite in regulation physical fitness. ;)

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Probably made in China.

13. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006

Guess that's just where we're going to disagree, then.

14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I have to agree it's a convenient oversight on the part of the empire. Then again, nobody there probably knew what a Jedi was capable of.

15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't mind episodes like this every now and then. It was a fun episode, I enjoyed the banter. The useless stormtrooper jokes wore a little thin, and I disliked Titus' character model. It just looked weird to me.

Overall an enjoyable episode, but not the kind I'd want to see every week. It was like the escape from the Death Star in ANH in an episode, but with different personalities in that situation. I enjoyed it much, much better than previous episodes, even though it severely lacks originality.

I enjoyed it as a light hearted romp, but am glad that next week's episode looks to be more serious. I appreciate the mix.