main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 2.12 - A Princess on Lothal - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 16, 2016.

1. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    The episode was great, Leia was great and I felt a like Leia was older than Ezra even when both of them are 16? Are they on 3 BBY?

I'm ok with all these cameos, because everything feels more connected and real, this gave Leia a new background, her idea was cool and also that she saw 2 Jedis, because on the book 'Lost Stars' they mention that around 10BBY the new generation of kids though that the Jedis were a legend, the same now with E7 with Rey/Finn.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Meh.
    It was a filler. I have Mandalorians next and this pleases me.

3. Ullianos

Ullianos Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    Well to be fair on Hoth, it was all the AT-AT's kicking ass. We mostly saw the storm troopers just walking with Vader after.

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Provided they avoided skirting too closely to any of L&L's dialogue on the Endor bridge, this would have been very nice, indeed.

5. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    It's really bugging me if Ezra was still 15 or if he was 16 in this episode.

6. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Ezra and Leia are both 15. The SW Facebook page confirmed this Wednesday night. It's 4 years before ANH still.

MandoArtist likes this.
  7. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Ah, I see!

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I thought Leia was on point throughout this episode and the action was great fun from start to finish.

9. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I thought it was a good episode overall. I really liked seeing Leia. Since watching the OT pre-TFA I really think Leia really embodies Padme in many ways and that was on display in this episode. We saw a character, who even then, had a deep commitment to the Rebellion and embodied a mix of Padme and Bail. As far as the Jedi stuff goes, I believe she probably had heard about them but had never seen one in in action. Hearing about something or reading something and seeing it are 2 different things. I do hope we see Leia again in future seasons and see her young years developed more.

10. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I think the thing I enjoyed the most in this episode was how the at-ats were deployed.

11. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    Am I the only one who feels like Future of the Force, Legacy, and A Princess on Lothal fit together like a 3-parter the way the last 3 episodes of Season 1 did? The plot flows together pretty well from one episode to the next.
    FOTF: Inquisitors figure out the rebels are on Garrel.
    L: Empire forces the rebellion to flee Garrel while Ezra goes back to Lothal to get news about his parents.
    APOL: Leia comes in to help the Rebels escape Lothal.
    Did anybody else notice the connection, or is it just me?

12. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I didn't notice that but will have to watch those now w/that in mind.

13. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

I noticed that, especially the last two episodes, since they are tied together well by that guy who knew Ezra's parents, don't remember his name.

14. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    Ryder Azadi. The one who was going to leave Lothal, but felt inspired by the Ghost Crew to stay and try and help his people. Wouldn't be surprised if we see him again... my money's on him giving us a small piece of intel on why Tarkin values Lothal, and then him dying tragically.

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul should run unto Azadi, and be like you sound familiar.

In seriousness, I am curious of they have Leia captured or rescued by Darth Maul, in something similar to TFU this season.

16. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015

Maul + Leia? That's an, umm,... different... combination! The new canon is a magical place, isn't it? Given the timeline of Rebels, though, it's certainly possible. Two additional semi-realistic scenarios:

Maul seeks Leia because she and her dad know a lot of Rebel groups, and presumably a lot of intel. Both could be useful to a guy trying to strike at, and simultaneously evade, the Empire.

Maul starts doing his own thing while being the hyperviolent weirdo that he always is. In a situation similar to Onderon in TCW (the people will join us when they see we can win), he + followers start taking back some Empire-held Outer Rim cities by directly killing the Imperials. Leia requests to meet with him because, you know, he's making the Rebel movement look bad.

Either way, if those two actually showed up in the same room, there would be no truth to be heard. Leia would lie, Maul would misdirect, and we will all be left confused but probably entertained.

I'm not sure how well it'd work, really. We need an audience-surrogate in the scene, and the Ghost Crew is mostly out of the running due to their prior interactions with Maul. I think that will be the problem with Maul in this show; we the audience want to know what he's up to, but unless he interacts with Our Heroes, we won't get long scenes or much detail. It's the difference between the formats of TCW and Rebels.

17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well perhaps it would explain how/why she sees Darth Maul's face in Marvel post ROTJ.