main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 2.13 - The Protector of Concord Dawn - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 25, 2016.

1. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Those questions and more! I feel Sabine could almost carry another Canon medium (like a min series or novel). I just know I want to see more of Sabine after Rebels, whenever that is.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I liked this episode because it was Sabine basically in a revenge movie mode and really cool shout-out to TCW history there. Since Pre Visla ended up kind of, well, in a bad place it's one of the central thematic elements of Star Wars that the next generation redeems the sins of the first.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I enjoyed this episode, especially one of the best Rebels quotes yet:

"Are you feeling better? You got to blow stuff up!"

[face_laugh]

Hera getting injured and being unconscious in the cockpit. I nearly cried.

I liked learning more about Sabine's background, about her mother being Death Watch, and their being House Visla. And yes, I enjoyed her being in revenge mode.

My one issue with the episode?

When the hell did Kanan become a sappy idealist???

Have these people ever read A New Dawn? Kanan is a cynic. Jedi or not, Kanan would not be blowing sunshine up the asses of the people who injured Hera.

Yeah, it worked, but...even that seemed off-base.

All the same...8/10

4. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    Yea, right with Kanan? I guess both couldn't be in revenge mode though.

5. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Oh, dunno if anyone picked up Kanan #10 but the Mandalorian Protector Fenn Rau pops up and saves Kanan (well, Padawan Caleb Dune) and his master, just like Kanan mentioned in this episode. And that issue came out like, the week this episode aired I believe. Same spaceships and everything!

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  6. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    That's pretty cool. I'm glad they're really putting in effort to meld the Canon.

7. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I think it is because of his prior encounter with Rau. He did save Kanan's life during The Clone Wars. Plus Hera wanted to try diplomacy and get access to the hyperspace route. Plus killing them would have just got the next guy to work for the Imperials....or even an Imperial presence on the planet.

Contessa likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    yeah, Kanan is a cynic but the point of his character arc izzat he becomes slightly less cynical and more of an idealist Jedi-like. I mean, he ain't gonna dive in 100% feet first in either direction but sometimes it's more idealist Jedi and other times it's bitter cynic.

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Can't remember whether or not it was brought up when the episode came out, but I was re-watching The Original Clone Wars cartoon and noticed the ARC Gunship pilot wore the now canon symbol of the protectors. He must've been one of the trainees under Fenn Rau.

[​IMG]

Trebor Sabreon, Vorax and Dinos4Ever like this.
  10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Good catch, completely forgot about that character. He was one of the pilots that rescued the surviving Jedi from Grievous. Filoni or Gilroy never mentioned any inspiration from that?