main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 2.15 - The Call - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 6, 2016.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2.15!!
    The Call
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Wednesday on Disney XD. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    We will more or less see a powerful display of the Force from Ezra, again. There has to be a reason for this kid to have such a powerful connection; after all, in canon the following show an extraordinary display:

• Anakin/Vader
    • Luke
    • Ben Solo
    • Rey
    I'm wondering (sort of hoping as well) if we're beginning to see why Ezra has such a powerful connection to the Force.

3. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    The Skywalkers are strong in aggressive force. It seems Ezra is stronger in connecting to others through the force. He has his own abilities, and definitely couldn't hold up against anyone like Anakin, Luke, Ben, or Rey.
    I'm guessing the rest of season two and possibly season 3 will have a lot more focus on Ezra and his connection to the force.

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Ezra has always been shown to be exceptionally strong and powerful in the Force with a natural ability since the first episode, is essentially why Kanan, Hera and Tano apparently been seeking someone like him for a while. We don't know if Rey is a Skywalker, and she had apparently a more lethal background as a street fighter growing up on Jakku on her own and fending of ruffians. Her tapping into the Dark Side during the end bout signaled that she stronger than Kylo, much like Luke was stronger than Vader. With Ezra he was just a pickpocket, and Kanan came along to teach him and we're watching his growth occur over the course of seasons. One of the issues with Rey is that she was fully developed on screen, whether because the writers were lazy or she's some super duper powerful prodigy beyond even Anakin. Well in any event thats been discussed to death in the TFA section.

5. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    All that needs to be said about this episode is...

SPACE WHALES.

6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    #PREDICTION: in this episode we will see Ezra doing his best impression of Dory doing her best whale impression.

[​IMG]

7. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    Idk why, but I'm really eager to see this episode. I also hope Ezra makes space whale noises:p

8. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I want this to happen so much.

Canyon D likes this.
  9. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
  10. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I heard the Techno Union was in this episode. So, what happened to the Techno Union after ROTS?

11. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The Union looks like the yellow uniformed corporate troops firing on the whales and building the yellow Tie's.

12. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    My first impression on viewing the preview appended to the end of the Rebels Recon segment, was that it seemed the show had jumped the shark and dived straight into Full Retard territory re: sound in space.

That is to say, pretty much all sci-fi depicts sound in space scenes, and SW is no exception... hell, even documentaries do it. But it's kind of taken as read that it's included for our benefit, because not hearing sound would be jarring and kinda take us out of the show / film. It doesn't mean the in-universe characters can hear it. Indeed, assuming that all else is equal, it can be taken as read that they don't.

Which is why I initially did a WTF on viewing that. Only on the second look did it occur to me that only Ezra seems to be able to hear the whale sounds. Which I guess means he's not really hearing them at all with his ears, he's "hearing" them through the Force. Heh...

Other than that it looks kinda interesting.

13. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Why do people have a problem with space whales?

This is not the first time there were beings capable of surviving in space...it goes all the way back to the Lando Calrissian novels.

14. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    And Shadow Of Malevolence in The Clone Wars. The corporate mercenary looking guys look really cool, I like their outfits. Also the E-WEB blaster firing green bolts looks nice.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I look forward to seeing what species they are.

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    ESB had space slug and mynocks so space beings are not that surprising or any more illogical than many traditional SW stuff. Space is not done realistically in SW anyways.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Organic lifeforms, living in space, is not as absurd as it sounds.

18. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    The attack on that Techo Union base looks pretty boss. Loved the fall from the Ghost. Reminiscent of Duel of the Droids from TCW. Looks to be another good one!

19. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I DO believe!
    [​IMG]

20. Gyasi Mandara

Gyasi Mandara Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 25, 2015

[​IMG]

podjazd likes this.
  21. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I had to come here for the description, my TiVo's description is the bare minimum lol. I'm glad we get to see more of Ezra's connection to the Force. They're rerunning S1 and you can see even in Spark of Rebellion that he the beginnings of a strong connection that only gets stronger. Besides that, what do we see in this episode?

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I just want some honest character building; do not want another rushed episode.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  23. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
  24. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
  25. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    They should do less Episodes and put more Money in importent Episodes.The rehash of Models and Character Models is the same issue that almost killed TCW for me to.