main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.01-3.02 - Steps Into Shadow - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 14, 2016.

1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    According to the episode guide in one draft of Terba's death Hondo jokingly said "They can fly!"
    I found this hilarious, and I can totally see him saying such a thing.
    Wish they would have kept that one.[face_laugh]

2. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Another interesting bit in the trivia was that the writer who pitched the Phantom's destruction "was then jokingly nicknamed 'The Phantom Menace' for much of the season." Maybe a hint that there's more loss in an episode written by the unspecified writer?

3. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Uuum, I think the 'Phantom Menace' nickname thing was just a pun they could not resist and less likely a hint of the future.

The Phantom is after all just a ship that can be replaced, though I doubt that they can get a new one anytime soon. And Ezra was really really in trouble with Mom ........ uh Hera ...... for totaling the car ......... uh, the ship. Dad ......... Kanan ......... was much more forgiving, though Ezra still had to take his punishment.

4. Sow

Sow Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 2, 2015
    "Purple guy, Mando-girl, and Ezra Bridger!"
    After you guys mentioned Phantom I wonder if they will make a joke about Phantom's menace. Also their new shuttle should be called "Hope" (like ANH), that would be perfect.

5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Ghost, Phantom, Spectre whats next Wraith? Maul has dibs on Shadow.

6. Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    I can't be the only one who noticed that the creature that helped Kanan find Bendu (and settled on Bendu's horns) was some type of owl...."Who"....when the person who voiced the Bendu was Tom Baker, the 4th Doctor himself?

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The owl also looked like Ahsoka when uasully the one we see is blue.

Lord Nikon likes this.
  8. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Nevermind this post, wrong place.

9. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    According to the LEGO set the new ship is once again called the Phantom. And given that it appears to be a modified Separatist shuttle, it will likely be acquired in/after the Battle Droid episode.

The one we saw in the last season was blue, but this one is brown like the ones in the background of the last season. It's just a regular Convor, nothing special about it.

Pretendalorian likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ah ok.

11. robbman21

robbman21 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    I heard on a news update on the radio a little bit ago the Top 10 primetime broadcasts for last week, and mixed-in amongst Survivor, Big Bang Theory premier, and Grey's Anatomy's premier, was Rebels sitting at #7. Which apparently was such a surprise to the gal reading the news that she even made a comment about it's inclusion. I figure ratings will drop significantly, but I thought it was a pretty awesome feat to pull off.

cwustudent likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It happened mostly because of Thrawn since I think out of everyone other then Vader he'd rack in the most viewers.

13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Is Brom Titus dead?

14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I doubt it especially because we saw no harm come to him.

16. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Do you think his survival holds further story-potential? Would you like to see more of him?

17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Am not that keen on all of a sudden the AT-DP has a crew of one, when it has a crew of two. That seems an awfully convenient change for Ezra to attack the driver without having to worry about the gunner. Plus the AT-DP when it fires at the rebel heroes seems to lose over 90% of its punch to were the gun looks to be firing duds, otherwise its main gun seems very powerful.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  18. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I really loved this episode!
    +Awesome character development for Ezra and Kanan.
    +Ezra's use of his force powers is impressive. Most impressive!
    +Bendu is a great character and really shows how he's between the Light and Dark.
    +Thrawn is certainly intriguing. Hope he really amps it up later in the season.
    +Visuals and graphics seems to be much improved from previous seasons.
    10/10

19. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

The prison was understaffed due to it's remote location. Mystery solved.

20. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    I finally had the chance to watch Steps into Shadow. So here are my thoughts:

Ezra using the force on that Imperial walker to kill the Stormtroopers was pure evil. I felt so sad for all those guys, especially the one stormtrooper who jumped off (and of the course the one who had no choice but to move the walker off the cliff). Their deaths now rank among some of the saddest in SW. I’m surprised that Ezra’s act was basically met with applause by the Rebellion. Sabine seemed a little troubled by Ezra’s viciousness, but the rest of them all seemed to go with it (he even got promoted afterwards). I would’ve thought that at least one of them would’ve had a stronger sense of honor than that. Doesn’t mind-controlling the enemy just seem wrong?

Hera seemed a tad bit harsh on Ezra this episode, or maybe that was just me. It wasn’t his fault he didn’t know about Turba. I get that she’s trying to groom him to be a responsible leader, but she was driving him away, which just made him seek guidance from his Sith holocron.

Since Kanan is my favorite character, he was the best part. His interactions with the Bendu were great. The Bendu himself wasn’t what I was expecting, but I liked him anyway. It was kind of sad that Kanan cut himself off from everybody for six whole months, but at least he’s back.

Hondo was great as well, I thought. I think it’s funny how much Ezra loves that old pirate. In fact, I think he treated Hondo the nicest out of anyone in this episode, and whenever he talks to Hondo there is always a lot of fondness in his face. It’s kind of interesting how many mentor figures Ezra has – Hondo, Rex, and Kanan, and even Maul in Twilight of the Apprentice, and each seems to be teaching him something different: Hondo, to search for profit, Rex, to be a soldier, Kanan, to be a Jedi, and Maul, to use the dark side.

I didn’t like Thrawn, and I don’t expect he’ll be any more than a shadow of his previous self. His voice was horrible and seemed kind of deadpan, or lacking in energy. I wish they would have picked someone who sounded a bit more sinister. Also, I didn’t like Governor Pyrce. Actually,I don’t like any of the Imperials, except for Kallus.

Although I was unhappy that they brought Titus back, I loved the irony in his conversation with Ezra. Ezra states that Titus is going to receive a demotion, yet it is Ezra who is demoted at the end of the show. And Ezra says something like, “I have faith in my friends. You? Not so much,” when he destroys the shipyard. And yet Ezra is the only one who seems not to make it off the shipyard.

Also, I liked the part when the shipyard is falling apart and The Phantom crashes to the surface, and Ezra states that his plan has gone all wrong. It technically hadn’t gone all wrong. The plan had actually gone pretty well…except for Ezra would be the only one left behind. Ezra obviously is afraid to die, and I thought this was good insight into the vulnerability of the character. The funniest part of the whole episode is when Ezra asks, “Kanan, where are you?” He sounds so desperate, and it’s really funny after telling Kanan the night previously that he didn’t need his master. Ezra’s breakdown was the best part of the episode that didn’t feature Kanan.

Zeb’s loyalty to Ezra was touching, and a nice indication of their relationship and how far it has come.

And for Kanan and Ezra’s conversation at the end, it seemed obvious that Ezra wants his Sith holocron back. I think his posture was one thing that gave it away, the way he sheepishly had his arms behind his back. Seeing as the next episode is Holocrons of Fate, we’ll be seeing the holocron’s return very soon. Anyway, this is the first I’ve seen of season 3 and I’m excited to see the next episode.