main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.01-3.02 - Steps Into Shadow - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 14, 2016.

1. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
    I am unable to locate Batonn on the Galaxy Map. Could anyone give me a hint (nearby well known system) to locate this place?

2. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Kind of a shame they only managed to recover 5 of the bombers. I'm pretty sure the Yavin cell has more than that in ANH, so they must get more some how.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  3. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    I liked it a lot. Just a couple things. General Dodonna mention[face_dancing]:p

And is Sabine taller too? I couldn't tell.

4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    So Ezra got a promotion to Lieutenant Commander and the had to go an mess up how he is referred to by his rank with everyone abbreviating his ranks as Lieutenant instead of Commander.

Master_Rebado and Nickname320 like this.
  5. A Lovable Jerk

A Lovable Jerk Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    I think this might be the best season opener of all three. Great voice work all around (especially by Jim Cummings as Hondo and the legendary Tom Baker as The Bendu) and a lot of great character moments (Ezra mocking Titus for his demotion when he will get demoted, Zeb standing up for Ezra (also it looks like they no longer share a room), the owl thing hinting at Ahsoka, the return of Tarkin and Titus and we finally get to see Pryce, a lot of good humorous moments, Rex got to be badass, and the greats scenes between Kanan and the Bendu.

Also, Thrawn looks to be a great threat, and maybe one who can't be dealt with in just a season.

We're in for another good season.

One thing though, why do they have to air new episodes in October? That's my horror binge month and I have to take breaks for Rebels and other shows.

6. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    Also another little thing I noticed. This episode reminded me a bit of TCW episode Storm Over Ryloth with Ahsoka almost ruining the mission with her first commanding mission. But now its Ezra who almost got everyone killed.

7. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    I do love this show I just hope this season doesnt have as much filler as season 2

8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    He's Commander Sato's lieutenant, not just some run of the mill ship lieutenant. Sato is the big man - Ezra is his second in command now of the fleet. He's above Hera now in the Rebellion, who is captain of the Ghost.

9. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    He was given the rank of Lieutenant Commander....In the real world...that is 1 rank below a full Commander and if an abbreviation is used for the rank he would be informally called Commander....A Lieutenant is actually the rank below Lieutenant Commander. By referring to a Lieutenant Commander as just Lieutenant you are disrespecting him.

Master_Rebado and Nickname320 like this.
  10. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    Well, this was a nice start. And we have a bit of a better understanding of the Krykna. And nice mention of Dodonna's cell. As for the animation quality bump? Perhaps some of the money made from The Force Awakens was contributed to the budget.

And Hondo is still... Hondo (and they had to cheat us out of knowing what he looks like without his helmet by putting a pilot's cap underneath...).

And of course we're not done with the Sith Holocron yet. One doesn't just get rid of a Sith Holocron by giving it to an ancient being when there's a deranged ex-Sith Lord wandering around.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Finally got to see it. Thoroughly enjoyed it, but I do wonder .....

How long has Kanan been sulking? Long enough for Ezra to grow a bit and cut his hair. And Ezra is right at that age when he could grow very fast. A year? Half a year?

I have a feeling that Kanan moved out of the Ghost, since it does not look like he's gone on any missions since being blinded. So, Ezra got his room.

It seems odd that Kanan didn't notice that Ezra had opened the Sith holocrom, but the whole Jedi Council had a Sith Lord next door for years and they never figured it out, so that's not a stretch. Plus, Kanan was busy sulking and the holocron itself could have told Ezra how to be discrete about using it.

Interesting that Kanan is wearing his lightsaber in one piece ......

The personal development of Kanan with the Bendu did seem a bit rushed; I wouldn't mind seeing more of that. But the preview has a bit more for next week......

12. Chris0013

May 21, 2014

I thought the end of last season showed....or at least implied....that he sensed Ezra opening it....

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  14. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I think it implied that he sensed that something was going on with Ezra, but obviously from this episode, Kanan had not realized that he opened it, though he clearly knew that Ezra still had it. I assume that Kanan took for granted that Ezra would not be able to open it. And he was busy sulking about being blind ........

The hope in his voice when he asked Bendu if he could restore his sight says that Kanan was not adjusting well at all. And I suppose that the rebels did not have the technology to give him for cybernetic eyes like one of Rex's clone buddies.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  15. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Sato is the only one who correctly's calls him by the real title. "Commander Bridger".

Nickname320 likes this.
  16. Tony Stank

Tony Stank Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2016
    Poor ezra letting the anger take hold

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean he is Sato and the rebels are not a real military organization so I am not surprised

18. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Except the end of the episode clearly showed that he is not above Hera. Hera still has the authority to suspend him.

19. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    oh she didn't just suspend she revoked his commission. that's even worse.

20. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    -Thought the Bendu was cool looking. I could actually imagine him in 70s/80s Star Wars as some kind of terrifying Jim Henson Muppet. Like Ludo from Labyrinth meets Jabba the Hutt.
    -Kanan and Ezra's stories are getting more interesting. Would eventually like the show to give more equal attention to Zeb and Sabine. I like Kanan's vulnerability. Hopefully his new ability to "see" won't evolve into Rahm Kota 2.0 and the show acts like nothing ever happened.
    -Ezra's dark side turn is nice. Some of his dialogue is annoying but he's an adolescent boy so...yeah pretty fitting. Kinda ironic that I think a cartoon on a Disney channel will do a better dark side turn than the prequels.
    -Never read any Star Wars books so this is my first introduction to Thrawn. I like his voice. Reminds me of HAL 9000.

21. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Grrrrr. Still not on iTunes. It's normally up by now :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

22. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    can anyone explains to me what is going on with Kryknas?
    are they very force sensitive or just the other way - completely blank? How Kanan can "see" them?

23. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    So:

-Thrawn...didn't do anything.
    -The issue of the holocron and the Kanan-Ezra tension is basically resolved...okay. Maul will bring his own holocron and they'll touch holocrons or something.

This wasn't a great season opener. And we all know how the quality of Season 2 was between the fantastic premier and finale episodes.

24. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

I assumed they're just as Force sensitive as everything else, but their savage nature meant that Ezra's nascent empathetic abilities didn't work on them. Kanan's just learning to use the Force in a different way.

Also, here is my recap of this episode!

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    The animation quality, as others have mentioned, has really stepped up since Season 1. In addition to the big set pieces like the crashing station and the prison there were a lot of smaller moments that really stood out to me as well done.

For instance, I think they did a good job of animating blind Kanan convincingly. One of the best moments was when he grabs Ezra from the station - watch how his hand and face remain outstretched at where Ezra was, and then he instantly reaches up and neatly grabs his arm when he can sense where he is. Little moments like that do a lot in building up this new dimension to his character and I look forward to seeing many more moments like it in the future.

Also, I think I said this after the Celebration screening, but damn, Pryce fawns the hell over Thrawn in this episode. Is it more than just professional admiration of his abilities at play here? (Prawn is my new favourite ship now)

DarthAnakin96 and Master_Rebado like this.