main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.03 - The Holocrons of Fate - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 29, 2016.

1. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

I think Brother Viscus is a possibility, and I also haven't seen Almec mentioned at all. I wonder if he's still alive?

2. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Why would Maul be uninformed about Brother Viscus in the events of Clone Wars ? Or why would be excited about him ? He is nothing to him, Viscus has no power or knowledge to help Maul, he isn't someone powerful as Mother Talzin, or not even Asajj Ventress.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The only possible people he could be are
    Obi Wan
    Anakin/Darth Vader
    Maul's father
    Savage

4. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    When they were talking about Maul in the finale of Season 2, they said that Maul is keen to leave a legacy because he's realized that he is the last of his particular culture. Knowing that another member of that culture still lives and could help him rebuild it could be a hope for Maul.

Vialco likes this.
  5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I remember Sidious needed Cad Bane to capture and force a Jedi to open a Holocron because Sith cannot open a Jedi holocron - and in turn a Jedi cannot open a Sith holocron . Not to keen on Ezra being another prodigy that seems to juggle both powers like its nothing. I suppose Maul seeing Ezra as a worthy apprentice would make him finish what he started during TCW, as Savage was not like Maul(naturally Force powered).

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I doubt Maul thinks Ezra is the key to destroying the SIth.

7. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    Ezra isn't a prodigy. The dark and light side aren't powers that need to be juggled, they're just two sides of the same coin. All Ezra does is skirt the line, just like thousands of others have surely done before him.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He is very quick at learning the force though.

9. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Exactly. That's why I suggested Brother Viscus, as he's the only Dathomir Elder that we don't see die on-screen.

10. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Probably because his death was cut for lack of space.

Erkan12 likes this.
  11. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Yeah that's quite possible. Note that I said "on-screen". It's likely Viscus perished in the attack on Dathomir. But we never saw him after he left the revival chamber, so his fate is still open.

12. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    Not really, not faster than we've seen others his age learn it at least. Just look at Savage, he wasn't even really all that force-sensitive and he learned the dark side techniques really quickly. That's kind of a big thing about the dark side, like Yoda said, it's the quick and easy way to learn the force.

13. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Viscus appeared in the Son of Dathomir comic. His fate is left open at the end of the comic.

14. Darth Blade

Darth Blade Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2014
    One thing I noticed at the end of the episode - Maul left so quick he didn't bother grabbing the holocrons which were right there for the taking. So Ezra and Kanan still have both. Ezra also has the ability to open both, although not likely at the same time. The Jedi holocron wouldn't let him open it while he is using the dark side of the force to open the Sith holocron, and vice versa. Unless Ezra's balance of using both sides enables him to accomplish this. That would be crazy to see.

15. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    I agree that Obi-Wan is too obvious...

My theory is he is talking about Savage.

1) As already pointed out, Maul is looking to cement his legacy. Savage was his only other apprentice. He is looking for apprentices to continue his legacy.
    2) When Maul initially looks into the Holocrons he sees oblivion or another way of putting it, death. And then he sees "him".
    3) We have a preview of the next episode with Maul when we see a Green ghost inhabiting the Ghost crew. One thing to note, whoever the Ghost is it has previous experience with lightsabers.

The problem Maul looking into Ezra's vision and gleaning that Obi-Wan is alive is that Ezra already knows who Obi-Wan is from the first episode when he opens Kanan's holocron and sees Obi-Wan's warning. If Ezra saw Obi-Wan in the holocron vision why wouldn't he tell Kanan that "Oh yeah, there was the guy from the Holocron in my vision"

My vote is Ghost Savage.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Why would Savage be a ghost though?

17. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Bendu kinda reminded of Tom Bombadil with the Holocron -- it was almost like just a trinket in his hands.

I don't actually think Bendu can be anything other than a Force manifestation -- otherwise -- will we meet Ashla and Bogan one day?

18. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    He was filled with that Dathomirian green ichor, who knows how that thing can affect you in the long run?

At least, if I were the writers, that's the angle I would take. That stuff is basically magic, they can give it the properties they want.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Isn't it just some weird way of using the force?

anyway As long as it's not Maul seeking vengeance I am happy.

20. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I still think it's Kenobi. "It can't be him, it's too obvious" is always a weak argument when it comes to Star Wars. We already had "Darth Sidious can't be Palpatine, it's too obvious", "Barriss Offee can't be the real mastermind behind the Temple bombing, it's too obvious" and "Fulcrum can't be Ahsoka, it's too obvious". And look how that turned out.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it's Kenobi to the show always goes for the obvious with "surprises"

22. Darth_Narcissist

Darth_Narcissist Jedi Knight

Feb 25, 2012
    He lives is none other than Obi wan Kenobi setting up the final clash and the end of maul...... I read the dark horse comic short story of how Maul finds kenobi and fight lars owens shoots maul in the head... and tell kenobi to leave and dont return......

I would be fine with this ending for maul.... minus the meddling of owens..... let kenobi and maul have it out 1 vs 1 one last time..... BUT NOT B4 MAUL LEAVING WHAT EVER LEGACY HE NEEDS TO LEAVE BEHIND...

23. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Maul doesn't deserve a Legacy. Him wanting one but it being deprived from him would be better.

24. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Savage was insanely juiced up with Nightsister spirit ichor, pumping up his Force powers. Ezra has no boosters.

25. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I was thinking the same thing, but then I thought I remembered that at the time the episode was written, Kel Dor canonically had thick skin that could withstand open space for short periods of time.