main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.05 - Hera's Heroes - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 13, 2016.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 3.05!!
    Hera's Heroes
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Saturday at 8:30 pm on Disney XD. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Yay its that time of the week!

whostheBossk and Master_Rebado like this.
  3. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    This is the episode I've been waiting for - so many things: Ryloth!, Numa! Cham! HERA!, Thrawn! Syndulla's palace!
    I hope it will be good...

4. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    So many things... So little time...

5. A Lovable Jerk

A Lovable Jerk Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    I think we can all agree that if Numa is harmed we riot.

In all seriousness I would like to know how Numa got Boil's armor, I hope for an episode focused on her and the rest of the Ryloth rebels in the future.

revan772 and CT1138 like this.
  6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Numa dies and I will burn England to the ground.

DarthAnakin96 likes this.
  8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Am wondering if Thrawn knows thats Ezra in a cell again still his stolen scout trooper gear or did he leave the helmet on him,lol.

9. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    The episode should open up with this......Rebels style.

mattman8907 likes this.
  10. amaximinalist

amaximinalist Jedi Padawan

Aug 30, 2016
    Did a concise analysis of the scene between Thrawn and Hera. Episode not even out, but figured I'll give it a shot.

11. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012

I kid you not, when i first heard of this episode, my mind immediately thought "Could it be a reference to old Hogan's Heroes."

Also
    I love the expression of Cham's face when Hera blew up their house. It was priceless"

Master_Rebado likes this.
  12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Just seen the episode...

Really good episode, I enjoyed that a lot and the pacing was well done so it felt like we got much more than 22 minutes' worth. Thrawn is awesome. Lars' delivery is fantastic and nails the quiet, calculating villain he is. Nice to see he's done his homework as well before coming to Ryloth. I wonder if he already knew Hera was going to be there or if he was on site to do his research? Either way his forethought was rewarded and he now knows vital information on his new adversaries. He also has an amazing leitmotif.

I just hope that their workaround for him not winning so quickly isn't just to let them escape every time or it might get old. I'd like to see some token losses as well before ramping up to bigger defeats.

The action was great too - badass Scout Trooper at the start and some good set pieces as well. It's also good to see Blind Kanan properly in action for the first time.

And I love, love, LOVE "big brother" Zeb. It's been so good watching him and Ezra's relationship evolve since Spark of Rebellion.

Probably an 9/10 for me, can't think of much to fault it other than the predictability of Slavin (sp?) and his grunts - all to show how far superior Thrawn is, of course, but I'd rather not have them demonstrate this by simply lowering the intelligence of his direct reports.

DarthAnakin96 likes this.
  13. SienneRe

Mar 23, 2016
    absolutely loved this episode and Hera in it and especially:
    - Chopper and his issues
    - Cham's face and his behaviour
    - Numa with more lines
    - Kanan ohhh it was finally Kanan I love with awesome skills and lots of sass
    - Thrawn - oh he' so good!!!
    - and Hera. Absolutely spectacular Hera - vulnerable and strong at the same time. And so concerned about what should and what shouldn't be done. I love how she slipped into her accent and I love her final lines.
    - also very good and not annoying Ezra ;)
    I am really happy now ;)

14. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I really liked this episode. I'm always glad to see Cham and Numa again, though I wish we could see the larger Ryloth resistance, I'm sure it's more than just 3 twi'leks. All the action scenes in this episode were great, I loved the Scout Troopers at the beginning, the battle in the canyon, and the scene of Kanan redirecting that rocket with the force. I thought Thrawn grabbing the captain was a little out-of-character, but other than that he was done really well. I was worried for Cham Syndulla's life in this episode, and I was surprised when Thrawn just let them leave, I guess he is capable of respecting the enemy.

15. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    Good episode, nothing stood out at all though. Still very entertaining. 6/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Saw it.
    That was a good episode even if the empire usual stupidity was up to eleven to make Thrawn looking like the smartest guy ever. Ryloth is back we we actually see Hera's home. Kalikori reminds me of the Old Republic game at the start of the game, a village of Twi'lek. My favorite part was Thrawn stunning Ezra, because this show love overusing "disguise as the enemy" plot and it's great to see it failing for one. That scout trooper at the beginning who came on the Ghost was brave, I can applaud that at least. Thrawn do not like when people says art is "trash" and of course he let them go by analyzing the rebels reaction when they came to save Hera and Ezra, probably to prepare his great master plan for later in the season I assume, great to see this duo btw. Is it me or is Cham less untrusting of strangers helping him and Ryloth? Chopper staying next to the crashed Y-wing was so sad.
    Anyway, that was more like my random thoughts after watching this episode twice. A solid 7/10 episode.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  17. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    Accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Mixed feelings on this.

Have a feeling Dave is building towards some tragic involving the crew, with Thrawn being heavily involved in it. Also, his "experiment"? What was that about?

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    He wanted to observe Hera's next move so that he could analyse it. Part of his Chessmaster characterization. This information will help him plot the Rebels' eventual downfall.

20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    He watched how Hera reacted to free herself(Cham surrounded and wanted to sacrifice himself to save Hera and Ezra) and he found it "enlightening". Hera made Chopper put explosives in her house and exploded it, her father survived but she lost the Kalikori in it, though.

21. SienneRe

Mar 23, 2016
    it was observing what will Hera do and learning from the experience. He knows our rebels much better now, and know what they are capable of

22. SienneRe

Mar 23, 2016
    lol three indentical replies at the same time XD
    also
    Hera didn't lost the Kalikori in the explosion, Thrawn has it now, and in the trailer you can see it standing on his desk

edit: sorry for the double post won't happen again :(

23. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    A good episode, it was nice seeing Ryloth again. and I really enjoyed Thrawn.
    The only problem I had was that you could still see the Phantom on the Ghost in multiple shots. As someone who pays attention to little details, this really bugged me.

24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Yeah, I forgot Thrawn had it in his hands during his experiment, my bad.

25. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Whenever the villain implies he's going to do some 'grand plan' after letting the heroes get away, it's usually the writers bluffing.

Thrawn identifying Hera with the art was perfectly done, also getting TRIGGERED by unappreciative critics was great.