main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.07 - Imperial Super Commandos - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 2, 2016.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 3.07!!
    Imperial Super Commandos
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Saturday at 8:30 pm on Disney XD. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and Master_Rebado like this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    This looks exciting!!

[​IMG]

Master_Rebado likes this.
  3. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I hope Sabine gets the darksaber in this episode.

4. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I'm guessing that won't be until the mid season finale with Maul. In the Rebels Beat review we see a brief shot of Ezra about to grab the Darksaber, and in guessing that won't be until Dathomir, but I won't get into my theory any further here.

5. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    Yup in one of this clips we see that Maul has the DS still in his Collection.
    Not sure if Sabine will own the DS at one point. I rather think she will use him only once when she's possessed by this green witchcraft mist.

Vialco likes this.
  6. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Oh, she's gonna own it. Freddie did an interview a while back with Dash Star I think, saying how Kanan and Ezra both train her to use it, and both have different teaching methods.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  7. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    Hold up, Hold Up, HOLD UP. WHAT INTERVIEW? [face_hypnotized]

8. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Go to Dash Star on YouTube, or just type in Dash Star Freddie Prinze interview.

Canyon D likes this.
  9. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    I hope it won't be a case of the Imperial Mandos here switching over to the rebels after like a minute of pleading.

10. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I don't think that's going to be the case here. Especially not with Saxon.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Its a concern I share, but we shall see.

12. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    Yeah, giving how resolutions usually go in this show, I share the same concern, but that Dash Star FPJ interview has given me hope.

13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I know the interview you mean. It's good. I'm glad they will start to shape Sabine's character more and expand on her history.

Canyon D likes this.
  14. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I'm thinking we're meeting *Imperial* Supercommandos so that we have a designated enemy for the soon-to-be-formed Mandalorian Rebel Cell. Viceroy Saxon is basically Marshall Petain for Vichy-Mandalore; the Protectors (and, presumably, clans and other martial orders of Mandalorians) are like the French colonial forces of WWII, and have to pick a side between Les Collaborateurs and La Resistance. Fenn Rau has now experienced Imperial reprisals on his people; presumably, he's a bout to go all DeGaul on us.

Saxon and his men won't be the ones being fought over, at least not as a group. Sabone's mother and others like her might be, though.

15. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I liked it.
    Sabine is awesome and it was definitely her episode - she had couple of moments when she could truly shine. Ezra is annoying as always ;) and I laughed when Hera told him not to destroy the new Phantom. But whoa Fenn Rau! Maybe his final decision felt bit rushed but that was some really amazing voice acting! I hope we see him more, as a part of the Rebellion. I also liked those hints about Clan Vizsla (and I really want Rook Kast to be Sabine's mum). So Mandalorian clans are still at war with each other...
    And we could again see Sabine in hand to hand combat.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Its Good.
    So Rua was still in Prison for the rebels which I still think was an absolute **** move on their part
    All the Protectors are dead so...yep that happened
    We still don't know who Sabine's Mother is.
    Also they refer to the Throne which makes no sense since there is no Throne on Mandalore.
    Run says that Sabine is apart of Clan Vizlsa not house Vizsla. Continuity error?
    Saxson does not die

Anyway new Mandalorian information we learned this episode
    There is a viceroy on Mandalore
    Saxson really hates the Protectors which are now dead
    Sabine's mom works for the empire

Thats it so not as lore rich as I would have wanted

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Jedi Knight Fett

It could have been an error. Sometimes they miss things.

18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

The concern apparently more applied to
    Fenn.

Was a so-so episode. Sabine is able to beat all the "best" Mandalorians from grunts to leaders like Rau & Saxon. I like Sabine and all but its too.. [face_liarliar]

Canyon D and Grievpalpy75 like this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I loved this episode. Sabine is really shaping up to be a leader, and it's brilliant how they had Saxon in this. I also enjoyed seeing Rau again in this episode, how he went from not trusting Sabine to her earning his respect.

So I guess this is the first step of many for Sabine becoming Mand'alor?

Rau and Ezra took out some of them too. And well Saxon is a seasoned warrior, there is always someone younger and stronger. Sabine managed to hold him off for a few minutes, before Rau swooped in and she could make her escape.

20. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I was hoping to learn more about Sabine's family this episode, but it looks like we already learnt what we could from the preview clip. Still, it's a pretty big one, assuming Saxon is telling the truth...but I don't think he has much a reason to lie in this context.

Sabine's mom is with the Empire, and it looks she only joined up until after Sabine escaped the Academy. So her intention is likely to find Sabine, and less on serving the Empire. With Gar Saxon and the likelihood of the Super Commandos having been absorbed into The Empire, I still think her mom is Rook Kast.

But still, I'm not sure I like this drip-feeding system they've been going about with revealing Sabine's character. They got it all over and done with when it came to the other Spectres.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Supposedly there's gonna be a bunch more Mando action this season, hence only pieces of information at a time.

Canyon D likes this.
  22. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Well, I can't argue with that. Rebels is our only source of Mandalorian culture in the New Canon.

23. Black Star Gunner

Black Star Gunner Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    I was hoping to see how the Phantom II fits on the Ghost, but will have to wait a bit longer.

24. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    I'm curious to see what Rau does now. I'm guessing he trains Sabine as the first of his new Protectors, while Kanan and Ezra teach her to use the Darksaber.

Incoming Rau/Saxon epic duel for leadership of the Mandos. Rau defeats Saxon, but dies shortly after, naming Sabine as his successor before passing. Would like to see a Sabine/Maul duel (after they've beefed up Sabine's skills enough to make it plausible, of course), but I suspect that likely won't happen with the whole "He lives!" thing from the Holocron arc. Still, if she doesn't wind up having to fight Maul or an Inquisitor or something for control, I'm not sure why she really needs to be actively trained "desperately" in the words of FPJ. Yes the Darksaber is essentially the Mandalorians "Iron Throne" at this point, but she doesn't really need to know how to fight with it unless there's someone else with a blade she needs to counter.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  25. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    I don't think it actually does fit, probably just used as a separate ship.