main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.09 - The Wynkahthu Job - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 23, 2016.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 3.09!!
    The Wynkahthu Job
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Saturday at 8:30 pm on Disney XD. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and Master_Rebado like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Looking like another Filler. I mean I love me some Hondo, but two episodes in a row with filler? I'll give it a chance though.

3. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I can't be the only one who's sick of Hondo at this point.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just as a character or what?

5. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Hondo is back!
    You are.

6. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

No you're not.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    No he isn't. I'm tired of him to in Rebels. I want Rebels to put more of a focus on their original characters. They could start developing another interesting reacurring criminal (or a bounty hunter) instead of resorting to Hondo again.

8. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
  9. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I like Hondo- he is like one of the best things in this show really- but I'm also sick of the fillers this season has been giving us:mad:Hondo is great but he is clearly overused since this show should be about the rebels. Hopefully we at least get rid of Azmorigan-guy some day...

10. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Yes. I think he's a lot better in short, infrequent doses. It's worse here than in TCW because there's a serious dearth of good villains to fill the interim.

11. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    I don't care about Hondo and Ghost Crew. But...

I'm hyped for the (possibly) Dark Troopers! :storm:

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This 1000 times!

13. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I really liked it! And my kids absolutely loved it but Hondo is their favourite, so that may be the reason.
    I liked that Zeb was the leader and Ezra could not cope with it. I'm glad they gave us a nod to s1 and Hera&Azmorigan issues. But we had to wait almost half a season for Hondo to FINALLY get some blind jokes! And oh Hondo delivers like noone XD
    Also quite a lot of Hera which is always good, and yeah I know, the Rebels escaped and they got the bombs, blahblahblah awful filler, but for me this episode was kind of the example of stuff that drawn me to the show - good humour, some actions and dynamic characters, so win/win for me XD

I had no expectations so I was pleasantly surprised.
    And the next week and the next there are gonna be much more serious stuff.

14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    lol

2 minutes in and Hondo makes a blind joke to Kanan

Pretendalorian likes this.
  15. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Mostly characters shouting and bickering with each other this episode. Hera shouting that they should all go back over and over again is ridiculous. The Maul episode can't get here soon enough.

16. Darth Blade

Darth Blade Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2014
    I didn't care for this episode. I'm not even against most "filler" episode and I usually disagree with the term "filler" - most of the time those episodes do something to either develop the characters on the show or set up something for the future.

For example I don't consider the Iron Squadron episode filler - at least not yet. That episode introduced new characters who may show up later. It also gave us much needed development for Sato. And while we were learning something about Sato, Thrawn was also learning something about Sato that he may use later against the rebels. So that episode was really not filler at all.

This one though? We learned nothing new, none of the characters had anything of consequence happen. Hondo was there and he was funny, but again - nothing we haven't seen. If he isn't going to propel he plot in any kind of way then it's a waste and it's getting tired at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Never liked Hondo to begin with but he's more at place in Rebels then messing with Sith Lords, cyborg generals and Jedi Masters and getting away scotfree.

18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Hondo episodes begin and end in the same way. :confused: How or why they made him survive Maul was always another. 8-} If they liked Hando, then he should've never have crossed paths with Maul as they should've never been in the same episode.

I don't know where to begin so I'll just type what comes to mind. Was so-called "filler", usual throwaway nonsense where you're asking yourself 20 minutes for this not to mention the days and breaks for us to get to it,lol. Pointless repetitive antics episode. They develop a very strange storyline just to tell how they get some bombs that just so happen to be on transport. The episode could've explored arcane treasure in route to Sidious, Sith and Jedi artefact's or something, similar to that Lando comic. Instead its another Hando job. Zeb goes from bright to as bad as Ezra and rest. Ezra they cant seem to decide whether he's good or a brat, he switches from both every few minutes & every other episode is some big moral yarn spun where it appears he learned his lesson & then the next week or two he's back to where he was again. Its not even limited to him either oddly enough but the rest of the crew and guest stars they all suffer from this kinda storytelling and character development or lack of, there is no progress. Rebels seems to want to up the "cuteness" factor to where things are just weird and they have the characters start to express the obvious weird then its wrapped up within a few seconds or minutes to where everything was swept under the rug like it never occurred. Now Azmorigan is like another Hando/Vizago/Lando, and the Ugnaught seems to becoming yet another stooge.

Most of their bad guys appear to just be switch hitters, its has become less unique and now just something to expect. They make a fuss about all this treasure(treasure and exposed bombs side by side really? Ok Imperials). It appears the chests were empty as the ugnaught smuggled himself inside so what happened to the treasure did he eat it?! The Droid Sentries or Sentry Droids were lackluster and were just there for no reason except to be turned on accidentally once the ship's power was restored by Chopper. Why doesnt this ship have emergency or alternative power & some sort of security AI. All one has to do is take out the ship's power and the droids shut down, makes no sense. The other idiot droid AP-5 apparently forgets about Sentry Droids until they're activated, again the antics is repetitive camp and comedy. I worry about them dumbing down Maul on this show, as its not really the best SW and things are already kinda awkward with his character since the finale. Thrawn they've already made a bore. While its a safe bet we will see more Sentry Droids or whatever they're called, they don't score any points from me. Perhaps later episodes are the better ones or some will be better ones - but I expect more of the same ol same ol which is the theme for many of these characters as well as the show.

19. Knight of Wren

Knight of Wren Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 13, 2016
    Hondo is a cockroach. Cockroaches can survive anything. That's my logic on the subject :p

Personally, I liked this episode. I think just because "It's Star Wars" people have been tending to set the bar too high for this series. We all know what to expect by this point. Maybe it'll get better, maybe it won't. Either way, might as well just try and enjoy it for what it is instead of tearing down every episode. True, there wasn't any real plot development, but I still found it entertaining (Hondo was actually genuinely funny through most of the episode for once), and entertainment is basically the whole point of TV right?

20. Welsh Hero

Welsh Hero Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2016

You talk as if filler is a bad thing. Plus, filler can only be judged after we know where the stories go. After all, could be a Chekhov's gun

21. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I thought there was a lot of filler in S1 as it was unfolding but I ended up watching the entire series in one sitting when I picked it up on DVD. The show works much better in binge format as a four hour Star Wars movie than a week by week basis as an adult viewer.

Also, keep in mind around this time in s3 of TCW we got the Padme political episodes. *shudders*

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Okay Well this episode was not filler on one condition
    they got some bombs which they have shown before that the rebellion really wanted so theirs that, but the imperial sentry droids did not get enough anything really, but I still liked Hondo's antics. So not as bad as I thought it would be so I will give this one a 7/10

23. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    I liked that Hondo re appeared, unbelievably but same as always lazy story writing. I like that dark troopers were reintroduced. Disliked almost everything else because it wasn't exciting at all, same as always.

I don't know how many we have now, but we certainly aren't at "two episodes in a row-filler". I feel like literally nothing contributes to the story, other than the first Thrawn appearance maybe. I don't care for the rebels characters any more, the story writing isn't good and makes it completely impossible to connect with the characters. Only thing I want rebels to do now is recanonize cool things from Legends, then end the show because by now I feel like they have ruined the chance of a "Star wars rebels" show. No story arcs, lazy story writing and Ezra in general. I think rebels will end at season 4 or something, and by then they definitely can't introduce something big or make a great ending for anyone of the crew in my opinion.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What do you consider contributing to the story? The whole Maul and the holocron was not contributing to the story?

25. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Oh yeah that was one of those rare episodes contributing to the story, doesen't make it a good thing. Do we want Anakin 2.0 (basically the episode), Maul (In my opinion, it's fine with him reappearing because he is already alive, but the way they did it), lightsaber helicopters. Before long Ezra & Kanan needs to die, either way it feels too late to give a good ending. For me, Kanan is just barely save-able for a good ending.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.