main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.10 - An Inside Man - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 30, 2016.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 3.10!!
    An Inside Man
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Saturday at 8:30 pm on Disney XD. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Looks like the first and hopefully only wave of "filler" is over. Really excited to get into the meat of the season. I can't wait for this episode!

Order66Survivor likes this.
  3. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Looks like they'll be pulling the armor disguise stunt again. It would be amusing the Imps simply did something like this:

"Troopers, due to security concerns, each of you must give your serial numbers, starting with you two..."

"Uhm..."

"Er..."

"Yeah, blast 'em."

4. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Anyone willing to put up the chances we see Kallus in this episode? I don't think we've seen him since the premier or close to it. This seems like a good episode for him to pop up again.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    He's in one of the preview images, so yup, he'll show up.

6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Maybe i never noticed it before... i think it might have been mentioned thinking back, Pryce is sporting a Grand Moff insignia?

[​IMG]

7. Flex Madine

Flex Madine Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2015
    I finished Catalyst, I have my R1 tickets, and SW presents are being wrapped for children under the Christmas tree. I really really would like this episode to be something exciting. I don't want to speak ill of the last two episodes, but can this one please be a good one?

8. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Hopefully this is where Thrawn actually starts living up to the hype because if yet another episode ends with him watching the heroes escape ''just as planned" with no immediate, tangible cost/consequence, my screen is unlikely to survive the experience.

9. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I just saw the quick clip on FB. Yawn Standard Rebels stuff, they infiltrate (another) Imperial complex. But what made me giggle was Ezra saying Thrawns name in awed tones. Since Thrawn hasn't done anything to justify that, I'm guessing it's one of those common Rebels Accept the moment and ignore what came before (or in this case hasn't) things.

Jedi Knight Fett and jakobitis89 like this.
  10. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Agreed. We should at least have one of the Rebels getting badly injured in this episode. You know something to up the ante a little.

11. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

12. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Wow this episode was actually pretty intense. They start it out with Kanan, Ezra and Chopper already on Lothal and they mention that the Rebels plan on striking the factory eventually, with the help of other cells! We then end up with Morad Sumar actually dying which I'm surprised they went through with. Later on we find out that Kallus really is Fulcrum and the new Imperial project is the Tie Defenders, and they are going to have shields. After a pretty comical walker battle and some help from Kallus the Rebels escape yet again, but honestly I felt like it was well justified this time.

Honestly this episode was one of the best yet and really felt like an actual important episode to the story. We know Kallus is Fulcrum, we'll definitely be seeing the TIE defenders soon, and we know a huge battle is going to be happening on Lothal later in the season. I loved this episode, but I'm sure other people will find a way to hate it.

Ventrix likes this.
  13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just watched this on Disney XD - I enjoyed it. The revelation about a certain Imperial (revealed in the above spoiler) caught me by surprise though.

14. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Really excited for this episode! Can't wait for tonight! Yes, I wait for the live airing.

15. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    I liked this one better than the past 2 episodes. Thrawn seemed really evil to me in this one, which isn't want I remember. Cunning and brilliant, yes. Sadistic, no. This new canon is going to take some getting used to, since I thought TIE Interceptors didn't have shields before. The moment between Ezra and Kanan was pretty funny when Ezra force pushed Kallus. Did see Kallus as Fulcrum 2.0 coming, though I'm glad its official now.

16. Jar Jar All The Way

Jar Jar All The Way Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2014
    You are correct, Interceptors don't have shields. This ain't an interceptor though.

Sent from George Lucas' iPhone

Erkan12 likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Really? I thought it was obvious
    seeing as how he helped Sabine a few episodes ago.

Its a Tie Defender at least in the old Canon.

18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Tie Defenders have been canon for a while. Its an interceptor fighter not a "Tie Interceptor".

I can't say it was a very good episode , as its again more of the same gags and routines over and over again. My overall impression was that it was a rehash/remake of "Empire Day" and basically a back to season one . Tarkin and Vader's driving the Lothal rebels is once again rendered moot, keeping them off Lothal makes you wonder why they ever left to begin with. Thrawn is grossly ineffective as usual. I can only expect some big grand finale battle where things come to a head and where he goes up in smoke later on. Kallus was made byThrawn but its obvious for us but not apparently to Kallus. I don't like the idea of Kallus turning sides but his days look numbered on this show. Not sure how the Rebels think they can stop the Defender from being produced or why they jumped from TIE Advanced v1 starfighters to Tie Defenders. It makes no sense that the production would end by destroying a Lothal factory either.

19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I thought Kallus was too obvious for being Fulcrum I thought they would have learned their lesson after Ahsoka but I guess I should have known better, they didn't even try to hide his voice. I would have liked to see a slower progression instead of just having an episode with him starting to doubt the empire and then the next episode being Fulcrum. That was really my only gripe with this episode and I'm pretty sure Thrawn knows Kallus is the mole. They also killed Morad Sumar, I'm impressed. Ezra Force pushing Kallus to make it look convincing was awesome, so the secret weapon is a new ship with shields? I'm not into technical stuff so I didn't really understand much, another Legends easter egg maybe? Otherwise tat was a pretty good episode, I really liked the end fight with the walkers.
    7/10

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Actually its been building up for some time in season 1 in fact. Pay attention to their reaction

21. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I thought he had more of a problem with Tarkin/Grand inquisitor but when it was Vader he acted like a fanboy, he didn't question the empire. I didn't see him really doubting the empire's actions until the episode with Zeb, then the next time we saw him he's suddenly Fulcrum. I just wanted to see a more natural transition between his doubts and him becoming Fulcrum, that's all.

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    So the stakes have certainly been raised and the show has now demonstrated that they are willing to kill named good guys to make a point. Thrawn clearly knows that Kallus is the mole and I think Kallus knows his days are numbered too. On top of this, Thrawn gained a load more KNAWLEDGE to put in his space garage next to his Space Lamborghini. But ultimately, we are rehashing the same basic "investigate, get captured, escape" plotline for the nth week running. I am beginning to worry that short of main character deaths, any damage dealt by Thrawn would be superficial given the needs of the show to produce 20-so of these weekly adventures each season. For example, if you didn't already know that Kanan was blind then you would probably not be able to tell from watching past Holocrons of Fate - particularly in this episode. So I wonder if bringing in Thrawn was actually a good move in hindsight given that he is limited like Vader in the damage he can actually inflict.

revan772 and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  23. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Other moments I really liked were the arts Thrawn's office, and Thrawn's investigation by making the workers test what they made. That was pretty ruthless.

jade_nova likes this.
  24. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    This episode was good but i have to wonder if
    Kallus is going to be outed as the mole and if he's going to join the rebellion or if he's going to get whacked.

25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Thrawn's office
    season 3 from the trailer was not Coruscant but Lothal. So much of the Thrawn's trailer stuff looks to be aired by now. I don't like Kanan taking such a front lines action position so soon or just at all anymore. He should be blind and thus limited and impaired regardless of the Force and Bendu stuff. Sabine should've been in disguise plus she would come in handy as a former Imperial. You have to question their choices. But the whole disguise stuff is dumb by now.