main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.11 - Visions and Voices - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 7, 2016.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 3.11!!
    Visions and Voices
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Saturday at 8:30 pm on Disney XD. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

2. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
  3. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    V-2 likes this.
  4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm ready.

[​IMG]

5. Third Brother

Third Brother Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2016
    So is this an hour long episode or is it a two-parter similar to the other mid season finales?

6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    this episode is 20 minutes long.

7. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    [​IMG]

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The weird images you guys are posting look more freaky than the episode.[face_worried];)

Some of the scenes on Atollon look like at the beginning of the episode and some of the others look at the end. Wondering if Maul joins The Ghost crew...

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Thou shalt not question my gif collection :p

[​IMG]

Master_Rebado likes this.
  10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    wow, this is ......odd

11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    just saw it. Click for epic, and I mean epic, spoilers.

just in case of mobile....

Maul found Attollon because of the shared holocron experience with Ezra. Ezra sees Maul around the base as a vision/hallucination, he and Kanan to see Bendu because of it. Bendu says look behind you and Maul is there, it is unclear if Maul saw Bendu. Maul threatens to publicize the location of Atollon, so Ezra goes with Maul. The rest takes place on Dathomir. Maul and Ezra peform a night sister ritual to make sense of what they saw previously with the holocrons. Ezra saw what Maul wanted and Maul saw what Ezra wanted. After the ritual they both see the full picture.
    Maul knows Kenobi is alive and where he is."Where it all began" referencing Episode I. Maul reveals he wants Ezra as a brother figure as well as an apprentice. They both want what is on Tatooine and he appeals to Ezra, but Ezra denies him. Maul was sincere about it, emotional even. Ezra also has more clarity, but doesn't know of the planet Tatootine, just a desert planet with 2 suns and a certain familiar Jedi Master. He discusses it with Kanan, so Kanan knows of the vision as well. Obi Wan was name dropped at this point.
    Sabine has the darksaber. They show her deliberately picking it up at the end of the episode.

12. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yep we're goign to see Obi-Wan :D

Maul : I see... so it ends where it all began, a desert planet with twin suns
    Ezra: Wait I know him, He's alive ?

13. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Really good episode.
    + Dathomir and the nightsister magic
    + Sabine taking the darksaber at the end, foreshadowing?
    + Maul's artifacts and Satine's portrait. That music. Ouch.
    + At least they didn't show Luke. But I suppose their memories got mixed. Maul knew Obi-wan was alive but he needed Ezra to know the location. Ezra saw places.
    + " It ends where it began"= TPM reference [face_love]
    + Bendu! for 10 seconds. Still better than nothing.
    -/+ Guess we'll see Obi-wan then and maybe it will be the end of Maul's arc. May explain why we don't have an Obi-wan anthology movie.
    -/+ Sabine and Kanan's possession was way too short and resolved way too fast.
    -/+ Character development for Maul? Let's wait and see.
    8/10

14. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I like Bendu... ''Don't turn around'' ... :D

15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    And we also see the broken holocrons. Too bad, I guess.

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Really good episode. I am now thoroughly convinced that Sabezra is happening. I mean did you see how Sabine is the one to accompany Kanan to Dathomir and no-one else? The concern for each other throughout the episode? The playful banter at the end? Yep, this is 100% guaranteed.

Also the other stuff with Maul, Obi Wan, Nightsisters, blah blah blah etc. etc. was cool too I guess. The Ghost is a love shack guys! @};- Now we just need a partner for Zeb. (Or perhaps we already do... ;) )

Pretendalorian and DanielUK like this.
  17. ShadowLady86

ShadowLady86 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 2, 2015
    I didn't see the episode yet, but after reading your comments...

God, I hope we won't see the Old Wounds scenario :( Maul is going to Tatooine to fight Obi-Wan (for thousand time) and he is shot by Owen Lars. Maybe we will see something different. Like Maul asking Obi-Wan for help in defeating Vader or something. Maul had his revenge. I would rather see fragile alliance for higher purpose[ then another pointless duel.

revan772, my kind of scum and Erkan12 like this.
  18. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Out of curiosity, how do so many people see the new episodes before they air on cable?

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    The episodes are also made available to watch on demand.

my kind of scum likes this.
  20. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    It sounds like we will see Obi-Wan again, so I'm excited for that. He's gonna be pretty old at this point, I'm not sure he could even fight Maul anymore. I imagine Maul will die in the confrontation, but we know Obi-Wan doesn't like to kill. It seems Ezra and Kanan will be involved, perhaps one of them will deal the killing blow?

Also, I'm really excited to see more of Sabine with the Darksaber!

21. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    Ha...ha, ha....aha ha ha ha ha. 8-}
    Reading the spoiler tags this sounds like its going to be as bad as the old marvels star wars comics.

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    9/10

Loved it. One of the best episodes so far.

23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Strange episode that seems more prone to mess with your mind than give any story or depth to character development. Most of it was predictable. Maul had little screen time, while his scenes were interesting its just more of the same ambiguity and theatrical madness for the benefit to keep the audience guessing and also Ezra. With Ezra , he never seems to develop either. Maul was on Atallon the entire time and he's able to infiltrate Ezra's mind kinda like Voldermort. The rebels stationed on there somehow could not detect his ship arriving or anything, we don't know how long he was there but he knew about their base since "Holocrons of Fate". Is his ship equipped with stealth and cloak tech? Maul was apparently always behind Kanan and Ezra as he followed them to The Bendu's quarter(who strangely simply vanishes) . Was very ballsy Maul just walking in there with full confidence that his plan would work as he did not take up arms against Kanan as he would need him to pay the Nightsisters later as he's counting on him following Ezra . Maul anticipated Kanan and Sabine coming to rescue Ezra as he was counting on them being the flesh and blood price substitutes apparently. So Maul like Talzin, Sidious and Yoda is able to tap into possible futures and outcomes and use them to his advantage. Maul does not kill the possessed Kanan out've Ezra's wishes, which argues against him being completely evil and unsympathetic, and he gives Ezra the answer how to save his friends but at that moment in true Sithly fashion also temps Ezra for apparently his last chance to join him. Of course he would not. but at this point its unclear why Maul likes Ezra, who is always the same brat and he knows it that Ezra is also trying to game the game master and Maul just plays along anyway like they all do and there is never a good answer as to why its like they're all bored with nothing better to do . Maul goes through different voices & tempers almost as if a scrambled egg, but his last voice and demeanor is his true self. He just accepts Ezra's choice and takes off laughing after mentioning Ezra Bridger's full name as if either one day he has to kill him or he knows at some point he will join him.

Is Maul going to fight Kenobi, or is there something else going on. Why the importance of ending it where it all began. Does Maul simply want to die in battle so he could finally rest in peace or is he after something or someone else, nothing really makes sense and at face value it seems they're indeed rehashing TCW with Maul vs Kenobi but now Kanan and Ezra are in the mix and the big showdown with the Rebellion & Empire in the background . And somewhere Vader and the Emperor who conveniently take a back seat along with their Inquisitors who appear to have given up the chase and its regulated to a Governor(Pryce) of Lothal and a Grand Admiral (Thrawn) and his elaborate catch and release methods that is so far causing more loss on the Imperial's side. Seems to convoluted and distracting from the main narrative which itself seems lost. Maul threatened to alert the Empire of the rebel base if Kanan was to have strike him down on Atollon, so one wonders if Maul wants to bring Vader to the fight on Tatooine. What exactly is he after. Vader and Sidious still seek Kenobi & Yoda, especially Vader who is filled with vengeance.

Ezra mentions that the Darksaber does not belong to Sabine, even though it was the possessed Sabine. Ezra uses it and then discards it to leave on Dathomir, the non possessed Sabine apparently remembers the hilt she just used and takes if off the floor and takes it anyway with her. As an object of Maul's power, it seems cursed and still dark side connected to him as were all those objects. I get the impression Maul left it behind knowing it may fall into her hands and be where he wants it, and again foresight is at play.

Maul studying the Nightsisters way, he may indeed know all their secrets and magiks of his mother.

Hyrum_Solo likes this.
  24. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    I'm back, and of course the finale episodes are mostly the only ones good enough to actually watch. Good episode, wish they put effort like this into all of them.

25. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Good episode, although I think the whole
    possession thing was resolved way to quickly. I also have issues how Ezra is clearly the best and the strongest and the only one who can save his friends. Amazing Maul, Witwer does miracles with his voice, also very good Bendu. But I am not sure if I want Maul vs Kenobi confrontation :/ And please, please no Sabezra! It would destroy a very good lesson I taught my kids during s1-2, about girls saying "no" and meaning "no" (not "maybe later if you are persistent")