main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.11 - Visions and Voices - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 7, 2016.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't think Maul confronts Obi-Wan. I think, seeings we're getting close to ANH, Obi-Wan will be dead by the time they reach Tatooine.

2. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013

I doubt it- the show is still a good 3 years before the events of ANH, and my guess is that they are saving this for the finale

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    This season is in the Rogue One timeline.

4. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Nope, season 3 is set 2-3 years before ANH, Rogue One is set right before ANH

Erkan12 likes this.
  5. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Loved this episode, one of my favorites of the whole season. Easily a 10/10 for me, and now I'm sad we have to wait a month but hopefully we get a trailer within a week or two.

Erkan12 likes this.
  6. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    No, it has been confirmed that Rebels season 3 is still 2 years before R1/ANH.

Erkan12 likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    20/10 seriously that was amazing
    so it is Kenobi as we all thought. Also Sabine got the Dark Saber! Dathomir was cool. So much to talk about!

8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Something I didn't notice on my first viewing is the green mist taking the shape of Tatooine and its two suns. That was neat!

cwustudent and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  9. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Fun episode. I really hope Obi-Wan is just a tease. We know they know. But I think it would be nice if, say, the crew ends up with Tatooine, catch up with Maul, they have a duel with him, kill him. And just as they are about to leave they run into a crazy old hermit they don't recognize (due to bad aging) who gives them a quick bit of wisdom and disappears. It would be a nice way to respect Obi-Wans exile, and give him a quick nod as well. Though I have no doubt some fans will dislike it, to me that is the perfect outcome from this point.

I have been vocal in my dislike for the idea of an active Ben in exile. I know they have him doing some things in the comics (I haven't read them all but from what I've seen they amount to mind tricking some water collectors to leave Luke alone which is totally in character for what his purpose on Tatooine is.)

I also get the feeling this will be the end of Maul. Now that Obi-Wans location is out in the open (amongst the rebels and Maul at least) The show can not just let him go... I hope. It would feel like the ultimate loose end. I wasn't big on resurrecting him in the first place, but I enjoyed his antics nonetheless. But him knowing about Ben just pushes it to far in my mind. His jig is up. I think Bens exile should be as uneventful as possible. And a major duel in that time would seriously undermine that. And the more people who know where he is, the weirder it feels that he stayed put unrecognized for all this time. Just my 2 cents though

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I just saw it and I have to tell you, it was very good. A lot of possibilities here. This episode should have been 43 minutes instead of the 20. It was way too fast.

11. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    Are the witches dead forever now?

12. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Depends on whether there's more spiritual gateways on Dathomir. There's one near the Nightbrother village that Talzin used to return to the physical world but it might have been destroyed by Sidious.

13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Only Maul knows
    where Kenobi is exactly as of now. None of others did. Sabine, Kanan and Ezra did not know. The twin suns seems common in SW universe, so common it was useless information and they'd have to study and snoop around to make a guess based on whatever details Ezra could remember. Or contact Bail - who would have to give up the information or warn Kenobi. Maul knew for sure since he was there as he was within a hair of killing Anakin in his bloodfin and thats where it all began(TPM movie). Most rebel heroes could do is try and intercept Maul somehow or lure him back to him by using Ezra. But "Visions and Voices" was almost the same plot as "Holocrons of Fate", so not sure we need to sit through another be my apprentice and lets tap into the universe to get something to do. I think its ran its course since "Twilight of the Apprentice" to the present. We still don't know enough what Maul is exactly up to, and why he spent so much time on and off trying to lure Ezra but always giving him enough space to decide his own destiny. Why was it necessary to walk that path on Tatooine together as friends, as brothers so important. Maul certainly does not need a snot nosed, partly trained jedi kid to tag along to go kill Kenobi. Does Maul want to kill Kenobi, why is Kenobi so important to the destruction of the Sith, why is Kenobi "hope" to Maul. Is Maul looking to kill Kenobi or be killed by Kenobi, is he after Luke or Leia? How does Kanan and Ezra knowing about Obi Wan change the dynamic of the story now, both Yoda and Kenobi are no longer a secret. Maul going after Kenobi doesnt really challenge the Emperor for dominance at this point in time and Maul did not need to kill Kenobi in order for Sidious feel the Dark Side's favor switch from him to Maul. Maul breaking Kenobi was enough to do that. The things Maul has been up to certainly also has to have taken Sidious' attention by now. Sidious had to have used the Force or had his precogs determine where the Jedi were going back when the Inquisitors met them on Malachor. Maul hasn't even adequately or sufficiently been used on this show yet as he's hardly around and spent more time trying to learn of Kenobi's existence than bringing down the Empire and challenging Sidious . Maul's trickery and elaborate methods seem akin to the Mortis family when they tempted and lured Anakin to either become the anchorite replacement under the Father's command or when The Son directly tempted Anakin to be his friend and apprentice. Maul on Rebels is even more like The Son, and Bendu seems more akin to The Father.

Maul on Dathomir could've directly killed Kanan but did not , he could've also killed Ezra but he did not he just laughed and walked away. He also gave Ezra the answer to how to save his friends lives from the possession. From the impression one gets, he does not see them as threats and its not likely they'll ever be to him. In fact he could've killed The Ghost crew twice over but did not. The tossing of Kanan out've the airlock and the tour droids did not really seem even like legit attempts at killing any of them, just him in character. All the writing and portrayal seems to indicate Maul's alignment is ambiguous and his tricky and playing with everyones lives is not that much different from Lando and Hondo. More broader, Maul could've singlehandedly wiped out all the damn rebels on Atollon by himself any time he wished, but he didnt.

In any case, a very strange storyline to take Ezra and Kanan on, and the early Rebellion on. Hope the payoff if entertaining and quality storytelling.

I get the impression Maul's "artefact's" are kinda like horcruxs or a dragon's hoard from LOTR. Perhaps a certain sickness may overcome Sabine. The scenes with the witches reminded me of Ark spirits from Raiders of the Lost Ark and the red spirits from Conan The Barbarian that demand human sacrifice & flesh and blood toll, along with Fel demonic magic of Warcraft.

14. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Rebels Season 1 : 5 years before ANH
    Rebels Season 2 : 3 years before ANH
    Rebels Season 3 : 2 years before ANH

Rogue One : Same year with ANH

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  15. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'm glad the series is returning to episodes that are worth discussing and speculating about - I found this episode to be an easy 10, I just wish it would have run 2 episodes.

16. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    There is this thing called long story arcs. Crazy right? It's where a story doesen't start and end in 20 minutes.

Theo333, Vialco and thatotherjedi like this.
  17. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I am not thrilled about this being Kenobi, though I saw it coming. This is way more fan service then Maul vs Vader. I do not like this. But ohh well. I like that Sabine got the darksaber, though I wish that would have been done better. All an all I liked a lot of this episode, I love seeing Maul, my biggest complaint is Kenobi, and the execution of most of the other parts. 6/10 but I still enjoyed it.

[face_pumpkin] (looks closest to Maul)

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Looks like I'm in the minority when it comes to the pacing because I didn't think that this episode felt rushed at all. It felt about right, actually, for the amount of story content in it. I don't really see how they could have created an extra 22 minutes' worth out of this.

cwustudent and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Sabine knew exactly what the darksaber was. At least that's what I got from her facial expression when she picked it up. I wonder if she'll go hide it away for a while or ask Kanan and Ezra to teach her right away.

Overall, loved the episode. It was great seeing Maul again.

Erkan12 likes this.
  20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Sith Lord artifacts(that includes their lightsabers) have the power to corrupt non Force sensitives.

21. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    But that sword doesn't belong to Maul or any Sith, it was ann ancient saber which is stolen from the Jedi Temple by Sabine's ancestors.

22. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    That sword belonged to Pre Vizsla and was stolen by his ancestors, not Sabine's.

23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yeah, the sword was stolen from the Jedi Temple by Pre's ancestors. Sabine is not Pre's kin.

It belonged to Maul once he claimed it as his own in single combat and took lives with it. That Darksaber is one such possession, one such artifact from his past, from a time when his power was almost absolute.

24. A Lovable Jerk

A Lovable Jerk Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    A pretty good episode all around but I do agree with the sentiments that Ezra resolved the possession too quickly. Wish we could have seen Ventress' spirit among them.

Great voice performances and action and animation all around.
    And intriguing ideas like the Dark Saber ending up with Sabine

One thing I do wonder about is that Maul knows where Obi-Wan is now (also 'Where is all began' is both a nod to Star Wars begins over Tattooine in ANH and Maul first encounters the Jedi on the same world, nice touch) but what stops him from going there immediately? If the next two episodes weren't about Geonosis I'd assume they'd be about the Ghost crew meeting old Ben, but I guess they'll save him for the season finale.

25. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Is it just me, or does Sabine have no right to use that Darksaber? Maul won that thing from Viszla by besting him in single combat. What has Sabine done to earn that weapon?