main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.11 - Visions and Voices - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 7, 2016.

1. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I remember in the book the courtship of Princess leia it was mentioned that Palpatine forbid any type of visits to the planet of Dathomir for fear that the Witches could get off the planet. So yeah I would say Palpatine felt threatened by them in legends. Seems the same is somewhat true in the NEU as well.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  2. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    Well he was probably only using the Darksaber because like they stated in the Recon, it's a symbol of power within the Mandalorian warrior culture. He was their leader, so he used the Darksaber. When he left, there was no real reason for him to use it over his own personalized one. Maybe he just felt sentimental with his own? Maybe he prefers black over red?

3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Thought this was one of the best episodes of the season. It was cool to see Dathomir and the witch spirits possessing people was a cool, creepy thing to happen there. Especially with the green eyes. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this story goes, I'm a little apprehensive about Obi-Wan meeting Kanan and Ezra so I'm kind of hoping that doesn't happen. If we get to see Obi-Wan take out Maul once and for all though, I'd be all for that.

4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    So was Ventress one of the malicious spirits bound to that altar? Vos laid her body to rest in that very same cavern. It's probably still there. Hopefully it wasn't her spirit, but I'm curious how the spirits of the Nightsister get bound to that stone. It's similar to how Talzin was able to bind her spirit to that tombstone in the Nightbrother village.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  5. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    None of the Nightsisters in the episode are ones I recognize.

And trust me, I checked thoroughly.

6. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    A good episode. Not as good as the last one but still good. Maul's room was creepy especially with Satine's portrait and the word Kenobi written in Mandalorian and possibly blood. I liked how Ezra's visions were played out and how Maul figured out that Kenobi is on Tatooine. The Bendu returning was cool too. Seeing that defaced portrait of Satine was creepy and sad. Finally, Sabine has the darksaber. Season 3 has been giving Sabine so much overdue character development. I found Sabine underwhelming in Season 1 and to an extent in Season 2 but thankfully Season 3 is changing my overall opinion on her.

However, I thought the Ezra vs Kanan and Sabine fight was over too quickly. Plus I'll admit that I found possessed Kanan speaking with a nightsister's voice to be unintentionally funny. I know it was probably meant to be "nightmare fuel" but I was chuckling whenever possessed Kanan spoke.

8/10

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I was not expecting to like this one, but it far exceeded my expectations.

I'm glad Ezra behaving like he is on drugs was treated by the others like Ezra behaving like he is on drugs, as opposed to Ezra having some deep philosophical something that mere mortals cannot understand.

The Nightsisters gone? :_| Palpatine, you and your Empire suck.

Good to see that they still kick ass beyond the grave though.

And I remember when getting possessed by the Nightsisters was a beautiful fantasy for some viewers. [face_whistling]

Looks like they are going after Obi-Wan. Interesting that there appear to me a lot of planets with twin suns.

9/10

8. Darth_Narcissist

Darth_Narcissist Jedi Knight

Feb 25, 2012
    9/10

really enjoy these darker more adult oriented episodes.... i think with maul last attempt to convince ezra to be his apprentice and ezra saying no.. maul finally leaves him to head and face his final destiny vs Kenobi..

I would hope that the show adapts the dark horse comic short story where maul finds kenobi on tattooine and has a final confrontation....that short story was always pretty damn cool... and still resonates with me... great plot and art to match... hope it goes down that way...

9. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I have to wonder if this really is the last we've seen of the Nightsisters. There is always the possibility that there are other clans or groups on other planets even if it outright hasn't been stated in the canon yet.

Mother_Talzin likes this.
  10. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    I don't think there are any other Nightsister clans, but we do have at least one confirmed survivor.

[​IMG]

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  11. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I sure wouldn't want to cross paths with that one.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Don't worry that's from Uprising and you know what happened to that. :p

13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    She and Padme could compete for craziest hair styles though.

14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Shelish lacks the tats of Dathomirian Sisters and Brothers. Does she ever use magiks, does she even know how?

15. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    She does use magicks in the game, but I don't know to what extent since I never played it.

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    If thats the case, then I would say clearly a Nightsister is alive. What about her daughter Deathstick?

Maul being able to harness the magiks, allows them to live on as well through him.

17. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Deathstick does not have magicks, she's a bounty hunter/assassin type of character.

One guy has a playthrough of the Shelish missions in the game, beginning with this video:

She's basically a trainer for the player character, after they go through a bunch of trials some dark side abilities are unlocked for purchase.

Vorax likes this.
  18. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Not a bad episode for a mid season finale, I just wish the Night Sisters story hadn't been resolved in one episode, if it were TCW style we would have had an arc with a real intense threat of the Night Sisters rebuilding their army or better still an arc ending with a cliffhanger for another awesome story.

I am curious if the spirits belonged to any familiar Night Sisters like Old Daka or Talia, that would be cool.

Plenty of Light Saber action at least and we finally get to see the Dark Saber again, finally that mystery is resolved.

I'm not sure what to make of Maul wanting to kill Obi Wan, Maul blames him for ruining his destiny, but Maul exacted his revenge on Obi Wan in Season 5 and in SOD he almost achieved complete victory with the help of Mother Talzin his mother, surely he wouldn't be upset that he wasn't Sidious's apprentice at this point. It makes more sense to me that Maul would want go after Sidious who ruined his life, took him from his mothers arms and then when he almost became all powerful, Sidious had Talzin killed.My point is that in the end, Obi Wan wasn't to blame for Mauls defeat.

Just wanted to point how awesome it was to see Dathomir again, I love the planet and the stories that took place there on TCW.

19. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012

Nope, sorry.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    What was in Maul's room?
    Mandalorian helmet
    Darksaber
    Satine painting

21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Can anyway make out what was written on the alter. There was script present when illuminated in the green magick.

22. ShadowLady86

ShadowLady86 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 2, 2015
    There was also Talzin's yellow magic ball (I don't know excaly how to say it in English). The same one in which she showed Savage that Maul is still alive.

23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I did enjoy the music when the camera focus's on Satine's mural and the Darksaber, the music was basically a take off of the track "Maul breaks Kenobi" .

24. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    This thing: http://www.starwars.com/databank/nightsister-crystal-ball

ShadowLady86 likes this.
  25. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I wonder if that comic is what gave Lucas the idea to bring Maul back. I'd be happy just to see Maul finally dispatched.

But now that we know Maul is heading toward Tatooine -- no way he does not know what planet with twin suns it is -- will the Rebels crew figure it out and follow? And if they do, what will they find? Will Maul already be dead when they get there?