main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.12-3.13 - Ghosts of Geonosis - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 5, 2017.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episodes 3.12-3.13!!
    Ghosts of Geonosis
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Saturday at 8:30 pm on Disney XD. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and Master_Rebado like this.
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    the Geonosian has a suspiciously E.T. look to it.

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Probably a new member of The Ghost crew.[face_dunno]

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    They might recruit him to the rebellion, but i don't think it will be a part of the main cast.

5. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I vote to make the Geonosian Spectre 7.

Order66Survivor and podjazd like this.
  6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Wait this is this week? :eek:

*Checks Date*

YUUUSSSS!!![face_dancing]:D

For once I get to watch an episode at home and on time instead of squeaky voice, chopped up clips online up at college.[face_party]
    I wish I had Disney XD in my dorm.:(

7. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Are Geonosian drones even sentient?

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I'd say so since that would imply that drones and Poggle were seprerate species.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Can't wait!!

10. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    oh the hype is so high! and it's gonna be a longer episode :)

11. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    The wait is nearly over. :)

12. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    I wonder if it will be on the Disney XD app tomorrow

13. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Probably will be.

14. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    I also wonder who commands that light cruiser over Geonosis.
    Probably just another facelees imperial officer.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  15. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Oh my God yes I've been going into a slump not having anything to watch! And with the Season 3 trailer I want it to get rolling as fast as possible!

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  16. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    Well that explains where the queen in the Vader comics comes from.

Overall a pretty cool episode. With some interesting new Imperial characters that I'm sure we'll be seeing more of shortly. For a moment I thought the captain might have been Sloane and got really excited, but I'm afraid not.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  17. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Overall great. Cool new troopers, a deeper look at the different beliefs composing the rebellion, really nice visuals. I love the "sand gets everywhere reference." Nice that they can laugh with us at how terrible that line was. Kinda disappointed that Saw got all cushy at the end but at least they showed his dark side.

18. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    HOLY CRAP IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS. SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOANE!!!!!!!!!!

19. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    Captain Brunson apparently. Sloane's a Vice Admiral, not a captain.

20. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Welp my mistake.

21. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    A pretty tense double bill to kick off the second half of the season which ties in to Rogue One, although it was fairly obvious that the
    clues to the Death Star would either not be understood by the Ghost's crew or be lost by the end of the episode.
    The title and setting reminded me a little of John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars, although we didn't get Ice Cube to help save the day this time.

Saw
    doesn't appear to have cybernetic legs in these episodes - presumably he'll suffer those injuries in later episodes, which maybe also explains why the character is not quite so extreme at the end of these episodes compared to the movie.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Tonight's the night!!!

23. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I liked it! Even more than I expected!
    I like how they portrayed Saw, even if his change at the end seemed bit too rushed, but because of Steela didn't feel too ooc. I absolutely adored how finally we got the whole crew having their moment of shine - Hera being awesome with her crazy piloting skills, Kanan and the bridge, oh boi that scene oh! Ezra connecting with the bug, Sabine and jetpack and even Zeb helping all along, shooting and setting communications. Rex being the wise one who understood much more.
    Saw was an extremist and the scene with electroshocking was I must admit quite disturbing.
    I like they didn't learn anything useful about the DS, it's much too early for this, and that the mission was kind of failure.
    Overall a very good episode.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  24. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The queen in Darth Vader #4 has been confirmed to be Karina the Great from TCW, so the queen in this episode is a new queen

CIS Droid likes this.
  25. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    I really liked this episode! The Rocket Troopers could've been a bit more competent though, then again they are just flying stormtroopers. But they were slightly more competent than the troopers we usually see in the show. Also loved that Captain as a villian. Don't no why some people think this is Sloane though. Sloane is a Vice admiral at this point and she wears a grey uniform. I wonder why that officer that reported to her had more rank badges though. His rank insignia indicated that he is at least a Commodore or Rear Admiral. Maybe it's because she is a captain within a different branch of the military.
    Edit:Apperantly Thrawn is in the next episode:D