main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.12-3.13 - Ghosts of Geonosis - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 5, 2017.

1. Nevil_Clavain

Nevil_Clavain Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2017
    I can buy that to some extent, but also look at the Lando cameo episode: he not only looks 20 but he acts 20, like hes just starting out. When we see him in Empire a few years later he is mature and confident in appearance as well as personality.

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Thought this ep was pretty good!! Only watched the second pt though..

3. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    Saw was way off-character (why am I not surprised?). He acted weird, and it was weird when he laughed. I felt like they were starting to head the right direction when he took the egg from Ezra, but then when the Empire attacks he was all of a sudden on the same page as the rebels. :rolleyes: Everyone always is at the end of the show. Also, him standing around zapping Klik-Klak for no apparent reason made him seem really dumb. Personally, I think he should have kidnaped Klik-Klak and made away in the Phantom, and the rebel crew would have had to spend the second half of the episodes chasing after him to rescue Klik-Klak and the egg instead of bringing in the Empire as the main threat. I think part of the problem was Whitaker’s voice-acting. It had a such a weird meter to it that it didn’t really work, and his laugh seemed unsettlingly and out of place. Also, he was way overly friendly with Rex. From the material we’ve seen, “Partisan Saw” never acts that friendly towards anyone, not even Jyn. And I didn’t understand why he was suddenly buddies with Rex, either. Rex only trained Saw for a short time like almost two decades ago. I doubt he would’ve made much of an impression, and anyway, Rex didn’t even stay there as long as Ahsoka did. Maybe they’ve had some interaction in the years between, but then that should’ve been addressed in the episodes. There’s also no way that Saw would’ve trusted a Jedi to hold the bridge up, considering what happened to his sister. I kind of feel like someone like Saw should’ve been resourceful enough to find a creative way to bridge the gap to the other side anyway, but whatever.

The “He’s still no Skywalker.” “I heard that,” exchange was great. but It was nice that they actually addressed Kanan’s blindness a bit in this episode, but I wish they would do it consistently instead of sometimes he acts blind, sometimes he doesn’t.

I liked Ezra in this episode, how he firmly took his stance on protecting Klik-Klak and the Geonosian race, even though it meant opposing Saw. Also, it was interesting that Kanan seemed so much more willing to trust Saw, since Ezra is the one who usually blindly follows others.

Klik-Klak repeatedly drawing the Death Star was funny, since everyone kept misunderstanding what his drawing was representing when it was really the key to all. The irony!

And it was lame that the sand supposedly clogged the barrels of the Ghost, but when they took off, it was operational again. And the Ghost can suddenly slice through an Imperial ship like it's made out of butter?:rolleyes:

It was also unbelievable that the Stormtroopers grenades stalled but Sabine’s blew on impact. Still, I liked her theme song and he new jetpack paint design is neat.