main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.14 - Warhead - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 11, 2017.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 3.14!!
    Warhead
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Saturday at 8:30 pm on Disney XD. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    ...and after the assassin droid killed every Rebel on Atollon, Chopper and it became best friends.

[​IMG]

The end!

[​IMG]

I wish I had a .gif version of that end title sequence.

3. A Lovable Jerk

A Lovable Jerk Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015

And together they rebooted 'Star Wars Droids' as an incredibly dark black comedy.

4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
  5. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    I really wish they'd move away from McQuarrie's environmental concept art. Character designs sure but man, the environments in Rebels are kind of boring sometimes.

6. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I would not say to move away from them entirely....but come up with other stuff too.

7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    That's been the problem lately, everything has been about the OT, and it does get a bit boring.

Darkslayer likes this.
  8. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    And predictable. Which is also boring.

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

...because we're close to the OT timeline.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  10. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Two years away right?

11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

I believe so.

12. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Right.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  13. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Zeb, Chopper and AP5 episode.
    Empire Strikes Back reference at the start w/ the Star Destoyers launching probes.
    Hobby and Wedge are members of Phoenix Squadron at this point in time. Both are donning A-Wing gear.
    Kallus warns the Rebels so Zeb figures out about the probe droid, captures it, activating a self-destruct. It's a time bomb, hence "warhead" Chopper freezes the self destruct and AP5 resets the droid to return to its Star Destroyer. It blows up the Star Destroyer before they can get info from it.
    The Imperial Navy gunners who were working with the droids had a new emblem o their shoulders. Imperial Intelligence maybe?

[​IMG]

We get a really cool shot of Thrawn's flagship. The 'decal' is very distinguishable this time.
    cool shot of Thrawn with his face lit red by the hologram he's viewing. Very devil-like, very awesome.

had to screenshot it, too much awesome.

[​IMG]

tl;dr, Thrawn sends out 94 probe droids, so he knows the Rebel base is on one of those planets.

jade_nova, RavagerFish and CIS Droid like this.
  14. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I really liked that episode.

15. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Kids absolutely loved it and I liked it more than I though I will.
    They of course adored every AP line and quarrels between him and Zeb and Chopper. But I am more and more intrigued about Kallus. He's a proper rebel now isn't he? And he plays a very, very dangerous game.
    Last scene with Thrawn was amazing. He's really close now, and soon he'll have the whole base on his radar. And from it it's just a small step to the whole rebel fleet.
    Overall a very nice episode with great finale.

16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    AP-5 was definitively the highlight of the episode despite it being a Zeb centric episode. And the plot advanced with Thrawn coming closer to discover the location of the rebel base. So Wedge and Hobbie were part of Phoenix Squadron 2 years before ANH, maybe they will be promoted ?

17. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    This was a surprisingly fun episode. I enjoyed the banter between AP-5 and Zeb and it was nice to see an episode that wasn't focused on Ezra and Sabine. Gary Whitta's script was a noticible step up from the last couple too, there was a nice dry sense of humour throughout. Of course, it was also great seeing movement with the Thrawn plotline (not to mention the cool shot of the Chimaera). Yeah, as far as the standalone episodes go this was pretty good.

18. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Fun episode. Nice to see Zeb in the spotlight for once. Everytime Stephen Stanton had AP-5 say detonators and since Alan Rickman was an inspiration for Stephen for AP-5, I was reminded of Die Hard and Alan Rickman's Hans Gruber "Bring me my detonators" line.

19. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Good episode.

Just enough of something happening to keep it rolling smoothly.

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. P4KISTAN

P4KISTAN Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2013
    The infilitrator's time-bomb display looks like it was borrowed from the PREDATOR movies....coincidence?

21. SithUnleashed

SithUnleashed Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2017
    Fun episode with some cool callbacks to concept art and TESB. For some reason I have a feeling that we will lose a member of the team by the end of this season.

22. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    It was ok episode
    p.s. Predator-like detonator Really?:rolleyes:

23. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

Star Wars puts a lot of easter eggs in their shows. It's not different then any other game or show really.

24. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    What exactly is AP-5's problem? Offering no solutions and slow as molasses. He's expected to take and move inventory how?

It's the first time we see these two speak to one another. Where did this conflict come from?

And no one bothered calling for backup with stun settings for some reason.

25. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    AP5 is a jerk to everyone, probably because his limiter was blasted off by chopper.