main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.14 - Warhead - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 11, 2017.

1. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    Rebels Recon briefly discusses using a K2SO style droid with Dave Filoni - he mentions that they could have used that design if they had realised that the episode would be broadcast after Rogue One.

2. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Yeah, I considered that possibility. I wouldn’t have minded more lines of dialogue between Thrawn and Kallus, like “Which droid was?”, or “Can I see those records?”. It would have been fun to see Kallus' reply.

But it was just odd that Thrawn did not ask any questions when Kallus made his very vague report, and he just said: “oh well, 99 planets to go then.”

I mean, this is Thrawn. One would expect him to be more... attentive to how his own plan was being executed, which part failed, why it failed, ask questions. Compare Thrawn to Vader in ESB (who had Ozzel, who was also an inept at reports). Thrawn is the one who is supposed to be the military genius here.

3. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    I agree with La Calavera points. My few cents.
    1. Zeb is indeed a dumb grunt. Bring unknown droid in a weapon storage and even give him a job. Wow.(and AP5 is no better...)
    2. Look like Zeb was the only one rebel in a whole base. Just think about it he and that droid start a fight in a heart of their base and no one even came ?
    3. Scumbag Kallus and his smile. But what if this droid was blow up in his own ship? That will be the irony...[face_batting]

4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    He's got 99 planets but a Chopper Base aint one :p

Jedi Knight Fett and Alpha-Red like this.
  5. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    IMO they should go back to 12 episodes per season and put the small amount of important stuff from each filler episode into the more main story centered episodes. Because honestly, this was a huge hype killer after the mid season trailer and the previous two episodes.

fett 4 likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Does Zeb understand Chopper or not? It was so vague in this episode. In the same scene he's having a full dialogue with him, and then he asks the other droid what he said. Later he says he can "only guess what [Chopper] is saying".

7. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    ^ I think he understands some but he is not fluent. He has just started to learn Chopper language last season, and I think that gives it a touch of realism.

8. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

That raises a very interesting question of how they determine which episode airs when. I mean if you follow the regular broadcasting schedule, they should have known a while ago that this episode would come out after Rogue One.

SienneRe likes this.
  9. jade_nova

jade_nova Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2016
    That pod in the back looks a little bit like the ship in the episode.

10. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    But it was also said that Vision and Voices and the Lothal episode switched places. And they develop characters models for the show about 2-3 years earlier - they couldn't predict the exact date...

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You cant say this episode was filler though. It advanced the plot in the fact that Thrawn now knows where the rebels general location is. If thats not advancement of the plot I don't know what is.

12. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    This is one of my favorite episodes of the series. Was really really good. Zeb, Chopper, and AP-5 are hilarious to watch. And that infiltrator droid was CREEPY. And wow, did I get scared for Zeb when he was getting choked by it. Really tense moment there. And when it blew up the Star Destroyer, wow, epic moment...

And seriously, people need to stop throwing the word "filler" around and look up the definition for the word. Filler is when an episode doesn't progress the story at all, and doesn't have any bearing on the overall plot or characters. Truthfully I can't think of a single episode that didn't affect the characters or the story. This episode definitely progressed the story. We got to see Zeb take command and see his Honor Guard captain side come out a little. We got to see Kallus develop further and help the rebellion. And oh yeah, Thrawn narrowed down his search from a thousand systems to only 94 planets. And as we know, he's gonna find their planet. So this episode was a game changer.

13. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    The episode was great, wasn't filler material.

Zeb is so dumb, he's just a force guy like Hulk, he's not like Chewie, it was a bad choice every action he did on this episode, he's the weakest link of the crew tbh.

AP-5 was funny, he's more a protocol droid we should expect him to do action like Chopper (C-3PO wasn't a fighter), I'm glad that he's back they should use his character more.

Chopper steals every scene he shows up, even if he doesn't have dialogue, he's so funny, clever, smart, I'm happy that he's in R1 and survives.

Thrawn is getting closer and I'm afraid for Kallus, he's a great character too, they added a lot of personality for him since the first episodes when he was another generic imperial villain.

14. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Was it just me, or did the two pilots running into each other like the CIS battledriods did in the Clone Wars Series. LOL. Maybe we humans are not unlike the driods. Nice touch :)

Vialco likes this.
  15. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    It was okay. If it's a filler episode, it was a pretty good one and i think it almost certainly ties into Thrawn's incoming attack on the base this season. Always good to see Thrawn.

16. Captain Owen

Captain Owen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    I loved that it was focused on Zeb for once.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  17. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

A pair of B1's did that exact same thing in Cat and Mouse. I bet that Filoni was heavily involved in this episode.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Zeb is supposed to be a captain, captains being dumb doesnt say much for him or the Rebels.

19. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Zeb's alright. He's not annoying in his attempts to be cute like Chopper.

Canyon D likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It's even funnier when you realize that one of those was Wedge

21. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Yes I think so too. The information didn't get to Thrawn because Kallus did get that information, and instead of giving it to Thrawn, he kept it for himself.
    Because all the informations do not go to Thrawn directly, he doesn't have time to deal with all the reports of everyone.

But another solution is: lazy storytelling.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  22. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011

This 'Zeb is dumb' meme needs to stop. I know the show writers want to prolong it for some reason in-universe among the characters, despite what Filoni said in 2014, and 3 years in-universe of the Ghost crew knowing him.

AP-5 literally just stood around and complained up until Zeb told him what to do and created two quick thinking plans to stop the spy droid. And his actions ultimately took out a Star Destroyer and delayed the Empire significantly. Only mistake was bringing the droid back to base.

Findswoman likes this.
  23. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    It was great to see more Zeb, Chopper, and AP-5 (who has been criminally underused). The Thrawn ending was terrific. Up to this point, I have been irritated with Thrawn's conduct (letting the Rebels escape 3 times?!). However, it now seems that Thrawn geninuely gained something from a "victory" for the Rebels. Now there are only 94 systems to search instead of thousands. I have a feeling Thrawn is going to destroy Chopper Base, and really screw the Rebels up by the end of this season.

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I really liked this episode because I'm a fan of locked-door siege / monster movies ala Alien or Green Room, and there was some decent quipping between the three characters, and the droid was effectively nasty. definitely seems like one of the smaller scale, cheaper efforts but it worked into the grand Thrawn scheme at the end nicely. I get the feeling Kallus is going to end up having to take on Thrawn one on one, hell maybe he'll end up being the canon version of Thrawns bodyguard to betrayed him / took him out. Although Chopper Base is probably going down too at some point.

25. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    So another episode where I sort of tuned out and started to do something else. Am I the only that struggles to pay attention for the full running length for these filler episodes? The best moments for me were the very beginning (admittedly ripped from ESB, but mostly because of the shoutout to Wedge and Hobbie, hey some continuity at last!) and the very end (the return of the droid, Kallus and Thrawn), ie, all the non-Zeb stuff. This Zeb-focused episode didn't seem to have much character development for him, or just repeated development that we've already seen. I may be wrong on this, but I could swear we've see the same 'Zeb isn't just brawn' thing before. I find most of the focus episodes really fail to develop the character much beyond the archetypes established in the very first episode (which I watched again recently and think is one of the best episodes they've had). Ezra and Kanan seem to be the only ones who have gone through a focus episode and actually grown or changed, and it looks like Sabine will join them soon judging by the trailers. But Zeb and Chopper...

I would much rather have seen the training exercise all the interesting characters were on.

fett 4 likes this.