main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.16 - Legacy of Mandalore - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 17, 2017.

1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I'm sort of fully expecting the Knights of Wren to be an offshoot of Clan Wren now

episodenone likes this.
  2. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

No, I meant show-wise. That I felt they made the decision to not have Sabine do it because kids watch the show. Which is annoying.

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Oh sorry.

Sabine still a Mandalorian, but do you remember what she said to Fenn Rau in Protectors of Concord Dawn?

"There are alternatives to killing."

Sabine is very much Mandalorian in many ways. But she also knows that not every situation can be solved by kIlling your opponents.

Kids watched the Clone Wars too. And they still had Ahsoka kill four Death Watch warriors at once.

Vialco likes this.
  4. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Rebels is much less ruthless than clone wars was. By far. I'd say rebels is much more of a kids show. (For mods: This is not a typical Rebels v Clone wars discussion in general)

5. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Kanan getting blinded was pretty ruthless.

Also for those who were curious.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  6. Tsago

Tsago Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 24, 2017
    Not at all. He didn't even notice that!

7. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
  8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Why does it even matter if one show is "more ruthless" than the other? The stories that are told should be the most important thing to judge a TV show or movie on. Star Wars has never really been about gratuitous, over-the-top violence anyway and it has never been the only main theme of the franchise.

If all you care about is blood and gore, then there are plenty of more appropriate franchises out there to watch instead. If you want to stick with Rebels then you need to swallow your pride and stop placing so much emphasis on it being a "kids show". It doesn't matter. You're just choosing to be overly sensitive about it.

episodenone, Zer0, theraphos and 6 others like this.
  9. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    This this this!!! I've been saying this forever and I'm glad there's at least one other person here who understands this. I'm not entirely sure why the people on this forum seem to be only interested in violence. The biggest complaint of this show around here is that it isn't violent enough.

When was Star Wars ever about the violence? It's always been directed towards a younger audience. A lot of people also seem to have trouble comprehending that this show is on DisneyXD. If all people are interested in is violence then maybe this isn't the show for them.

SienneRe, Zer0, Darth_Voider and 4 others like this.
  10. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    This is Sabine's exit from the show, just in time too, since the show will likely end after next season. We're starting to wrap up the stories for our main characters.

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011

I disagree that this is her exit from the show altogether, if nothing else based on the fact that her story was not wrapped up in this episode. She wants to rescue her father with the help of her mother, brother and possibly Fenn Rau, and she wants to find the right leader for Mandalore to unite the clans and get rid of the Imperial occupation. Then she says that she might return to the fight against the Empire afterwards. Doesn't seem like her story is anywhere near done to me.

12. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Wow, great episode. Won't get into it too much but good action and I liked the ending alot.

13. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    Lets not forget the show is about the rebellion. They are wrapping her up in my opinion BECAUSE she is going off to do non rebellion things, that we will not see in the show. Maybe a book or some comics.

14. Knight of Wren

Knight of Wren Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 13, 2016
    Sooo...

Anyone else make the connection that Sabine's ending line about finding Mandalore's true leader could have to do with Bo-Katan's rumored appearance later on next season? She'd be the most obvious choice for Mand'alor.

Also, I love how they addressed all the complaints that she had no true claim to darksaber if she didn't win it from Maul in combat.

Ursa: "You won it from him in combat?"

Sabine: "Uhh, not exactly"

Ursa: "Then you Have no claim to it"

Sabine: "Well I'm holding it, that's a pretty good claim"

Vialco likes this.
  15. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Completely agree! Besides, if one wants to get technical about it
    Gar Saxon being killed will have very serious political implications to other houses and Mandalore as a whole, and not every mandalorian is going to be happy about it. Mandalorians are clearly not ruling themselves (this is pretty much the point of all the conflict within this very good episode) and the Empire may not be so gracious to say "oh, our Viceroy is dead, but it was according to their tradition, so we´ll leave in peace now!"

Besides, Sabine´s character has been developed in a way where her not making a cold blooded kill is a logical choice, not the contrary.

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Ursa's tone of voice when she asked Sabine if she won the darksaber from Maul in combat was perfect.

Vialco and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Despite the fact that
    they linger on a shot of a laser hole in his freaking torso for a few seconds before he collapses dead. Yes, truly kiddified.

18. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

It matters because I want variation in the show and not always the nice-guy decisions to apply it for kids. By the way, I am not sure why you said this

"The stories that are told should be the most important thing to judge a TV show or movie on"

That is exactly what I am talking about, and you speak as if I wasn't. I am judging it based on the story, and the story can be ruthless, or it can't. I don't care about blood and gore only, do you know which forum we are on right now? Now why would I be here if I did so, considering Star Wars isn't known for it? I'm sticking with Rebels because I'm a Star Wars fan and I always follow new content, I don't "need" to do anything. Did I not say this was one of the best episodes? You say I put too much emphasis on this being a kids show, perhaps you're the one putting too much emphasis on my ruthless-opinion and dismissed the rest of what I said?

Giving an opinion for this preference is not being overly sensitive, complaining on one negative comment inside a bigger and positive review is.

Todd the Jedi
    Wasn't really that ruthless, he was the obvious bad guy and was killed when one of his foes excersised self-defense.

19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Rax ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Okay, that's enough. You can carry that on in PM if you wish, but move on and focus back on what the episode was about instead of arguing how ruthless Rebels is and is not. And also, let's focus on not making things personal.

20. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    I gave a positive review in general about this episode. It was a good episode.

Please follow up this case in PM with me, SilentInfluence.

21. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

I explained it in my PM with you Rax.

22. Tsago

Tsago Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 24, 2017
    Is it just me or Sabine and Saxon final moment is an allusion to the "Anakin killing Dooku" scene?

23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Kanan had a similar scene back in season 1 with the Grand Inquisitor.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Tsago Spoiler tags are required for plot details before the episode airs on TV.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  25. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Well, according to Filoni, Ursa was in the Throne Room when Maul defeated Viszla. So she's witnessed firsthand just how powerful Maul was. So she was shocked at the possibility of Sabine having beaten Maul in single combat. I loved Sabine's response to that too. She would never be able to beat Maul in single combat.