main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.16 - Legacy of Mandalore - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 17, 2017.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Yeah I remember after he met Bendu once, all his problems were resolved. Now he acts like someone who never fails at anything.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

It's also possible his armor was already weakened by previous hits during the battle and subsequent duel with Sabine.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  3. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    But aren't Sabine's weapons also Mandalorian? When Vader deflected Sabine's shot back at her, her armor barely got a scratch.

4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Well there was Ezra's lame ramblings to Tristan...

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  5. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Not a fan of Sabine leaving. We FINALLY start to get some focus on her, and she leaves shortly after? Really, just really?

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  6. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016

The real reason behind it - they need Saxon dead. But they don't want Sabine to be the one who end him.

Yep I feel like that every time they made a few decent episodes in a row. But believe me next season we will certainly get a tons of poorly written crap. And only after that some great episodes.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  7. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    With Sabine, who specifically discusses "forging" her armor with her family, the implication seems to be that her armor is beskar, known from years of EU history to be resistant to blaster fire. The same likely holds true for most of Clan Wren's traditional armor. But Saxon and the Imperials are wearing Imperial made armor, likely made from something other than beskar, so a high power, straight shot to the chest is going to go right through.

8. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Possible, though I have a hard time buying that mandalorians Saxon and his men are keeping Mandalore under their grip with a cheap stormtrooper armor for no logic reason whatsoever.

9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That was better than I expected. I am glad they are not going the cliche route of making Sabine leader of Mandalore.

So who do we think it will be? My money's on Bo-Katan.

silvereyed and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Filoni said she was the leader before the empire took over so I think that's a pretty good bet.

MandaloreRex2015 and Darkslayer like this.
  11. Houle

Houle Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 3, 2016
    I remember someone in the other thread saying, that there was a shot in the trailer, where a mandalorian ship fought alongside a rebel ship against the empire. If that's true, Ezras "unexpected help" in the season finale could be the Mandalorians (although that would be a bit underwhelming).

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I liked this episode, it made me feel that if Rebels was just centred on these Mandalorian Rebels I'd be much more interested than the middling plot of the main Rebellion.

Before, I felt that the setup of the Mandalore arc was a bit meh. I wasn't really hooked by The Protector of Concorde Dawn and Imperial Supercommandos, but this episode interested me. I liked the various Mandalorian factions and their politics, with Saxon for the empire, Rau and Sabine for the rebels, and the countess sort of in the middle. I liked how each faction had slightly different designs of armour. I really want to see how this story plays out now.

I was slightly annoyed that Sabine never voiced the obvious criticism to her mother, that the Empire is a fascistic dictatorship. That's a pretty good motivation to resist it.

I'm also very surprised that Sabine's mother was not Rook Kast. There's nothing in the episode that would have changed if she had been Kast. It would actually make a lot of sense. Firstly, her helmet is incredibly similar to Kast's, with the flares, and the rest of her clan have the same 'eyes' on their helmets as on Kasts. The dynamic with Saxon wouldn't even have to change much, and it would make her killing of him have more meaning, being a distinctive break from the past. It could also be linked to her knowledge of Maul, having personally worked with him. She even looks a bit like Sabine!
    [​IMG]

It's really weird why they didn't have Kast be Sabine's mother.

I liked seeing the classic cubist Mandalorian architecture, and the wintry lakeside resort was really nice looking location.

I'm still finding it odd

Here's hoping for a second Siege of Mandalore that we actually get to see this time. Maybe they'll released the Clone Wars arc to set up Rebel's stories. ;)

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Ok so Rebels is back after a long and totally unnecessary break. This was nice episode- with usual hiccups but overall pretty nice stuff.
    Pros and cons:
    + Mandalorians were nicely designed, I really liked the colors cheme of Wren warriors too
    + Mandalorians having lightsaber duel on icy lake- this was certainly something not seen before
    + Krownest was visually nicely done forest world and cubistic architecture was a nice tie-in to TCW
    + Sabine decided to stay- that was interesting and bit surprising really.

- Gar Saxon was promising character yet he died very early on- I was not expecting that just yet
    - Icy forest world was not Kalevala- would've been nice to see that mysterious world on screen. Sure Mandalorians have thousands of worlds at their sector so it really is not problem but I don't really like the way Rebels name their new worlds so poorly- what was this world- a crow's nest?
    - Sabine's mother was not Rook Kast- perfectly fine fan theory busted for no reason (and what sort of name is Ursa anyways- it means...bear? Ok it is mandalorian name but sounds weird IMO)
    - Way how Saxon got shot right through armor was really sort of character shield broken moment- because Sabine can pretty much take straight hits to her armor. Why didn't Ursa shoot him in the head- would've made more sense to me but maybe it was too brutal for this kid's show (in TCW it would've been fine)

14. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    One criticism I have for an otherwise outstanding episode. Why in the blazes did Gar Saxon, Imperial Viceroy of Mandalore bring a total of four soldiers with him to apprehend two Jedi and a Mandalorian traitor? Two of whom had defeated him and four of his elite on Concord Dawn? If Saxon had brought a real contingent with him, say thirty elite commandos, he would have crushed all his opponents and still be alive. Did he seriously only have those four soldiers at hand to come and apprehend two Jedi? Saxon fought by Maul's side in the Clone Wars. He knew how dangerous a couple Jedi could be.

This episode was amazing, but if Saxon had brought a real complement of guards, the heroes would have perished.

15. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008

The honest answer?

[​IMG]

- Dave Filoni (probably)

16. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

Lol. The same answer for almost all my Rebels questions. What's the in-universe answer?

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  18. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I wonder if there's a Clan Saxon out there that will now be seeking revenge.

19. Fried Mon Calamari

Fried Mon Calamari Jedi Knight

May 4, 2014

Well, it is important to note that Gar Saxon showed up in the first place because Ursa sold Sabine and the Jedi out. And before Saxon arrived, Ursa had an unarmed Kanan and Ezra surrounded by her own men. So, when you combine Saxon's men with all of Ursa's, Kanan and Ezra (who, again, don't have their lightsabers) would have been fairly easily outmatched. If Saxon hadn't betrayed Ursa by accusing her of harboring rebels and if Fenn Rau hadn't shown up in the nick of time with Kanan and Ezra's lightsabers, this situation would have been quickly resolved by Saxon and Ursa's combined troops.

Basically, Saxon's overconfidence was his weakness! ;)

20. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

Good explanation. Still, I can't help but think that the Leader of Mandalore should arrive with more than just four guards. I'm reminded of Pre Viszla and his large entourage of dozens of Death Watch commandos.

21. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    an officially released, post-episode clip of the duel for your viewing pleasure. (don't think this counts as a preview clip?)

22. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    Did anyone else notice that Sabine sliced off Saxon's fingers? Look at Saxon's right hand during the duel, then pause at 2:20 and you'll see it just before he falls over.

23. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I thought the duel was done so well.

Sabine has developed so strongly in Rebels and this is a great end to her character. So far.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Good episode. I loved the duels, and the insight into Mandalorian history and culture. I actually teared up when Sabine told Ezra and Kanan that she was staying behind. I hope that we see her again, maybe with an entire Mandalorian crew joining the Alliance. And/or that we have an episode in which she and Tristan find their father and save him.

Right before Kanan said "Less is more," I did say "Ezra, shut up" out loud.

Mandalore looks a lot like StarKiller Base. I don't know if that's a coincidence.

DanielUK likes this.
  25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

Ah! I thought it reminded me of something.