main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.17 - Through Imperial Eyes - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 22, 2017.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 3.17!!
    Through Imperial Eyes
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Saturday at 8:30 pm on Disney XD. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I cant wait for this one and Yularen!

3. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    So what are you hoping to see in this episode?

Is it possible Yularen is also a Fulcrum Agent and he helps bail out Kallus at the cost of Yogar Oste or whatever his name getting blamed?

He does know Ahsoka and it wouldn't stretch much if he was trying to keep the Empire from going full on darkside?

4. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Yularen is in ANH so that wouldn't be possible. From the looks of things that this episode is about Thrawn and Yularen figuring out the identity of Fulcrum and the crew of the Ghost rescuing Kallus.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm guessing Kallus either dies here or in the next episode.

But, this is certainly going to be one of those interesting episode, which focuses of the Imperials quite a bit and the inner workings of the Empire.

Padme501st likes this.
  6. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    Finally, after all this Mandalore stuff (which I'm not a very big fan of) some Empire action! :D

cwustudent and darklordoftech like this.
  7. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Really looking forward to this episode. One of the first episodes I was able to avoid almost all of the spoilers/teasers for. (Except for two screens on some teaser video's Youtube placed in my suggestion box)

I was never really a big fan of the Mandalore arc (although Trials of the Darksaber was awesome) and I'm glad we're getting to see more of the Empire.

8. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Looking forward to this episode a lot. Hopefully we get to see Thrawn shine

cwustudent likes this.
  9. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Be nice to see how much Yalaren has changed from TCW.

Neat clip of Thrawn training with the Imperial Sentries, we need to see more stuff like this!

10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Thrawn figures out Kallus is Fulcrum because he saves Ezra, who wore a helmet with Sabine's artwork. Thrawn does nothing but states "Agent Fulcrum will prove far more useful to the Empire than Kallus ever was" Yularen is a useless cameo, Thrawn figured things out not Yularen; which is somewhat disappointing. Yualren didn't even need to be in this episode.

episodenone and Vialco like this.
  11. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Decent episode. I really liked Thrawn the best in this one.

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Yularen was brought in because of his personal history with Kallus, rather than to actually find the spy. It puts Kallus at ease and would make him think his deception was more convincing if there were fewer suspicious eyes on him, which is exactly what Thrawn wants to make sure he can keep using Kallus as Fulcrum. Thrawn already knew or at least heavily suspected it was Kallus, but now he has confirmation and has shared this specifically with Yularen to further play with Kallus.

episodenone and revan772 like this.
  13. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    I did wonder why
    Yularen didn't give any orders to have a tractor beam ready or launch fighters at the end of the episode, when he arrives in the hangar bay. He couldn't have known that Kallus was going to stay on board and would have had a chance to capture several Rebels as well as Fulcrum.

Vialco likes this.
  14. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I'm a fan of Imperial characters in general, so to have the entire roster of officers (minus Tarkin) in one episode and with such focus was a great treat. Good episode, with some genuinely tense moments.

corinthia and Vialco like this.
  15. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    Just a quick question. Is the entire episode 1st person POV, like the trailer?

16. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Was I the only one
    That was a bit annoyed that Thrawn's fleet consisted of just three ISD's ?

T7-01 likes this.
  17. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Nope

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker likes this.
  18. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009

I don't know why you would be. I mean Vader's fleet in ESB consisted of only 6 SDs. Rebels has been keeping the size and scope more consist with the films than the EU.

19. SithUnleashed

SithUnleashed Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2017
    One of my favorite episodes of the season so far.
    Did anyone else notice Commander Gree's helmet during the scuffle in Thrawn's office? It can only be seen in one shot but it was there.

Sandtrooper956 and T7-01 like this.
  20. Houle

Houle Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 3, 2016
    Am i the only one who thinks that Thrawn realized that one of the red planets was missing? I mean, he knows the number to which he narrowed down his search, so he should realize that one of them was missing. Maybe he even knows which one.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Thrawn isn't stupid. I'm sure he has a back up or has the worlds memorized somehow.

corinthia likes this.
  22. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Thought Thrawn was going to take the bait regarding Lyste for a second there. Glad to see the writers didn't make him that stupid. I wonder if Yularen is going to become a series regular now.

I was thinking about that too. I'm sure he actually knows one of them was deleted.

23. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well it's not Gree has any use for it anymore... :p
    [​IMG]

24. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009

A planet wasn't missing. Chopper replaced it with a different planet. Though I expect Thrawn knows one was replaced and it will figure out which one was, if he doesn't know already.

Darkslayer, revan772 and cwustudent like this.
  25. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    Well, they deleted Atollon and replaced it with another one. I doubt he know every one of the planets. I guess he would need a back up to notice it!