1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.

Rebels Episode Rebels 3.20 - Twin Suns - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Todd the Jedi, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Todd the Jedi Mod and Inquisitor of SWTV

Manager
    star 6
    Episode 3.20!!
    Twin Suns
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Saturday at 8:30 pm on Disney XD. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[IMG]
  2. Darth_Accipiter Jedi Knight

star 3
    This should be an interesting battle of the voice actors.
  3. Vorax Jedi Master

star 5
    Maul's compass and it never points north:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Last edited by Vorax, Mar 15, 2017
  4. DanielUK Force Ghost

star 6
    My money is still this being some sort of hallucination and Maul more or less goes mad.
    ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  5. Sandtrooper956 Jedi Knight

star 4
    Nah, if this was a hallucination, Maul would be seeing a younger Obi-Wan, he doesn't know what old Ben looks like. It would also be extremely underwhelming to have this whole fight be fake after all the build up. It's real all right.
  6. Theo333 Jedi Master

star 2
    "I never really thought about it. I never asked. I know the Jedi were wiped out and the Sith apprentices were betrayed. The Clone War ended, but why? If none of you won, who did?"

*raises gaffi stick* "Blaaaaaurgh?" (Uh, the Empire?)

"Taf-Gog, that's right! How did you know? "
    Last edited by Theo333, Mar 16, 2017
  7. CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Padawan

star 1
    This is the big one we've all been waiting for.
  8. vong333 Jedi Master

star 4
    let the good times roll
  9. DarthTalgus Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The episode is out on SpectrumTV
    [IMG]
  10. Jedi Knight Fett Force Ghost

star 7
  11. Lord-Roy Jedi Knight

Just finished the episode. Definitely not what i expected, and it will probably get hate for how it went down... but I liked it myself.
    Last edited by Lord-Roy, Mar 17, 2017
  12. Charlie07 Jedi Master

star 4
    the fight has been posted on youtube. Just search "rebels" last hour.
  13. Diego Lucas Jedi Knight

star 3
    Show Spoiler
    RIP Darth Maul O:) , a brazilian facebook page posted the scene.
  14. Charlie07 Jedi Master

star 4
    Show Spoiler
    Such a let down, over in 3 seconds. I don't even know where obi wan struck him?
    cwustudent likes this.
  15. Diego Lucas Jedi Knight

star 3
    Show Spoiler
    Also i don't know where Obi strucks him, maybe Darth's life was his light saber, who knows...[face_dunno]
  16. Schwarma Jedi Knight

star 2
    Show Spoiler
    A rather quiet and uneventful ending then. I'm surprised they didn't at least devote a couple of episodes to it. Overall I must confess that I am a bit disappointed with the way Maul has been handled in Rebels. Every since he's first appearance he's been a fan favourite and we then became over saturated with Maul content. I must admit to being a bit tired of him and glad to see him go, but with all the fan love he's built up over the years I am surprised he exit was a grander one.
  17. DBPirate Jedi Knight

star 3
    Show Spoiler
    I honestly don't know what to make of that episode. It is kind of surreal having Maul die that quickly. Actually, it's surreal having him dead period. I guess I expected a little more. This was another episode that felt very rushed. Should've been two parts in my opinion.
    Darth Krayt and Schwarma like this.
  18. Rickleo123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Show Spoiler
    Wow that ending was so anti-climactic. Prob the weakest showing ever for Maul. It really shows he was nothing compared to the upper echelon of force users in the era.
    Last edited by Todd the Jedi, Mar 17, 2017
  19. Todd the Jedi Mod and Inquisitor of SWTV

Manager
    star 6
    Just another reminder not to post any spoilers about this episode anywhere without tags until tomorrow night. Most of you have been good about this, but anyone neglects tags and they're out.
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. mattman8907 Jedi Master

star 4
    Show Spoiler
    Can we also talk about the fact that LUKE FRICKING SKYWALKER appeared in the episode as well?
  21. Erkan12 Jedi Knight

star 4
    Lol,

Show Spoiler
    did maul die on his own ? what the heck was that... we didn't even see any lightsaber wound
  22. Darth Chiznuk Superninja of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    Show Spoiler
    Loved it! I love the way Maul drew Ezra in to bring Kenobi out of hiding. And wow what an amazing performance by Stephan Stanton! If you told me that was Alec Guinness I'd be completely fooled (if I didn't know Guinness had already passed away of course.) The look on Kenobi's face when Maul began to talk about Luke was perfect and I'm glad they didn't go for a long drawn out battle. It just makes Maul even more tragic of a figure. He was so consumed by his obsession but in the end he was really no match for Kenobi. You could tell Obi-Wan didn't want to kill Maul but he wasn't about to let him get anywhere near Luke.

I wasn't a fan of bringing Maul back from the dead nor spending so much time with him in a show that is supposed to be about the Rebellion but wow all of that was worth it for this episode. That last line from Maul gave me chills. And the shout out to Old Wounds was great!
  23. Embomania Jedi Knight

star 1
    Does anyone on the East Coast know if this episode is up on Xfinity at midnight? I'm on the West Coast dying of anticipation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. Sandtrooper956 Jedi Knight

star 4
    Show Spoiler
    Wow, I'm surprised, but oddly not disappointed. It was underwhelming but perfect....
    DaddlerTheDalek and DarthUncle like this.
  25. Jedi Master Scorpio Jedi Master

star 4
    Show Spoiler
    I liked the episode well enough, but I agree it should have been a 2 part one. Seemed like it ended way to quickly. But I will say that those who were worried about the Canon continuity should Ezra meet Obi-Wan, they can rest easy now. Nothing shattering transpired.