main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 3.20 - Twin Suns - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 15, 2017.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    All I will say is this (without spoilers): I need to watch it, a few times, to give an honest assessment.

LunarMoth, TheMDOSS1313 and Embomania like this.
  2. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    The first 15 minutes of this episode is a waste of time. Ending is the only thing worth seeing here, everything else is just a Visions and Voices rehash, only not nearly as interesting.

Tanjint and Erkan12 like this.
  3. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Yes, but it was still only at the end and he still didn't have any lines.....;)

Sluice Friggins likes this.
  4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I just saw it, how pountless was that !
    Rebels is a real insult to Star Wars now, Filoni should be ashamed off himself

5. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Rebels would massively benefit from longer episodes.

So does Ezra just show up out of nowhere in Mandalorian ships at the end? How did he get to them? And now everyone will know Kenobi is alive, so where does that go?

DBPirate and silvereyed like this.
  6. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    I think Ezra will keep Kenobi secret

7. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Rex looked extremely distraught at the thought of Kenobi being dead and after what he had to deal with Ahsoka's "Death" I'm Ezra would've thrown him a bone and said something to Rex.

8. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    I think it was a good ending for Maul. This fight was very Samurai like. I still would have prefered a Vader death but it was still very good.

9. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I guess we disagree on that. It added nothing to the show or any of its characters or the OT verse in general and was simply boring contradictory nonsense (even with itself) that's been done before.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    I thought it was a good episode, although much spends time building up anticipation before
    the very brief duel between Obi-Wan and Maul. Overall, the episode reminded me of the Infinities comic story "Old Wounds" and I think it was probably an intentional tribute, along with some mirroring of Luke's journey through the desert at the start of ANH.

Re-creating characters from ANH seems to be the current trend in the GFFA, and I think the voice work for Obi-Wan was very good and close to Alec Guinness.

Vialco likes this.
  11. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    Did you guys notice? Maul tried to kill Kenobi with the same move he did against Qui Gon Jinn! Probably this was why Kenobi predicted it.

12. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I don't think this really added anything to the crew of the Ghost, but it was a kind of a bookend to a certain longrunning arc that I thought was...serviceable. Not great, and certainly not how I'd personally want it to go, but serviceable in a way.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Positives:

Nice nod to the OT, with Obi-Wan believing Luke is now the Chosen One. Helps establish the prophecy in the OT timeline (even though it was never mentioned in the films) and helps to explain why he is so dismissive of Anakin, when Luke states there is still good in his father. Really good story telling.

Uber bad stuff. Like REALLLLLY bad:

Okay. So clearly the duel between Vader and Obi-Wan in ANH really played into this. Filoni couldn't have Obi-Wan in a long, intense duel. Yeah, his hands were tied but it just seemed really meh.

14. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Yeah I noticed. I have my gripes with the pointlessness of this storyline., but the fight was smartly choreographed.

15. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    How did Obi-Wan know who Ezra was and everything that was going on?

16. Tsago

Tsago Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 24, 2017
    Now, when 90% of the "Rebels" attraction is dead, there is almost no reason to continue watching...

Winston_Sith likes this.
  17. KikReask

KikReask Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2016
    Well I'm certainly glad I didn't do a marathon of Maul episodes. Honestly the 'fight' itself was sort of clever and made sense, but it felt like one hell of a waste to bring Maul into this show for 4 episodes only. Also I guess this show can't go a full episode without the main Rebels cast, it didn't really need them, this could have been one big spotlight for Maul before the inevitable fight. It is strange to see Maul finally die, and it dawned on me that there really was no need to bring him back to life at all. Now that he's dead it feels somewhat pointless to keep telling the casual movie only crowd that he survived Episode I when that really only had consequence for The Clone Wars. Well, okay ending I guess, but I think in retrospect I prefer his original death in Episode I. I'm keeping my expectations really low for next week, Thrawn isn't going to do much damage in this show.

LunarMoth and La Calavera like this.
  18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Well..

Bail is aware of Obi-Wan's location and, we can take an educated guess, might have some informal contact with him. That's the assumption we can make

19. SupremeLeaderTrump

SupremeLeaderTrump Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2017
    I rate it 8/10
    Maul could have gone down with a fight, but its still good enough. Maul's dying words about the chosen one and his death overall is honestly sad. And the end scene when Obi Wan watches over Luke's home with the OT soundtrack made me nostalgic.

20. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It felt anticlimactic in many ways.

21. Sluice Friggins

Sluice Friggins Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 23, 2015
    The Mando fighter is Maul's. Ezra took it because his A-wing was destroyed.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  22. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    What did Maul mean by "He will avenge us"? Who's us?

23. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

He was referring to him and Kenobi since the Sith in a sense took everything from them.

DaddlerTheDalek and Tanjint like this.
  24. Tsago

Tsago Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 24, 2017
    How did Ezra know that Kenobi is on Tatooine? In the previous episodes the rebels had no idea what twin suns are...

25. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Guys.
    [​IMG]
    Maul tried to do the same thing than during his fight with Qui-Gon. Great episode but that "fight" has to be the quickest fight I have ever seen in SW. That ending, unlike some people I thought the twin suns, seeing only Luke's silhouette and hearing aunt Beru's voice is more than enough for me. And the credit, so nostalgic. I like Ezra/Chopper's relationship, it seems like Chop has a soft sport for Ezra. For the animation, they showed dirt like they did in TCW in the Trandoshans arc. And a major loose end has finally been dealt with but how does Thrawn learn about the rebel base then?