main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.06 - Flight of the Defender - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 28, 2017.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episodes 4.06!!
    Flight of the Defender
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Monday at 9:00 pm ET on Disney XD. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
  3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    We're getting two episodes at a time? I am one giant confused panda at the moment :(

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Heroes of Mandalore and In the Name of the Rebellion were both two-parters, that's why each took up both episode slots for the weeks they were released.

5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Ohhhhh, I see.

6. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm quite nervous about this episode for some reason.

7. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Why ?

8. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Maybe the nature of the wolf, people theorise its Ahsoka. Maybe also because Sabine gets wrecked this episode by something.

9. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    I'm slightly nervous for the episode as well.
    But more about the Wolf possibly playing the role of "deus ex machina." On the other hand, I'm looking forward to see what kind of role the wolves will have.

Hopefully this episode will give some hints about the (possible) directions they want to take with Ezra and his character.

10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    seen'd it. All I have to comment is: wat

11. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    So that Loth-wolf is making me ask more questions by the minute: 1) how the hell can a wolf talk? and 2) how does it Kanan's true last name?

kalzeth and Darth_Accipiter like this.
  12. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
  13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Loved it.
    So no one has seen a loth-wolf in a hundred years. And why did it mention Kanan's real name specifically? Interesting how its breathing put Sabine to sleep and not remember she saw it. I also loved the loth-cats role in this episode, so adorable. And seeing the return of that mysterious white loth-cat. Hera's concerns for Ezra and Sabine and wanting to bring them home.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  14. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I've got Neverending Story feels from this episode - especially the second part :)
    Did the wolf say Dume or doom? But I love the whole "mythology" vibe surrounding the wolfs and the white cat. I liked Thrawn here but now I have more questions...

15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Apparently if you turn on the subtitles the wolf says "Dume" and "Sleep" to Sabine. I know they debunked Ahsoka being the wolf but I still think she's connected to it, somehow. In the trailer Kanan said "We are the balance Ezra" while touching the wolf. [face_thinking]
    Anyway, another moment I like in this episode is Ezra's "modest" flying skills. Hera really taught him well and then Thrawn saying the pilots wouldn't have lasted this long if she was the one flying. That's right, Hera is definitively one of the best pilot in the galaxy.

16. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Good/alright episode, not as good as the previous one. (for me personally)

- Animation and facial expressions are getting better.
    - I know Thrawn is cool and all but I found it going too far how he just stood there firing at the stolen defender while in its line of fire. The defender has shields, there's no point in firing at it, not to mention Sabine couldn't even hit him.
    - Can we have a Stormtrooper for once that isn't a bully or mean? It's only a nitpick but for once I would like a Stormtrooper with a little bit of humanity. Just to show they're people too.
    - Thrawn is pretty merciless, sending out trained pilots knowing they have no chance against the Defender. He send them to their deaths and gave Ezra and Sabine just enough time to find out about that "kill switch."
    - It was interesting hearing Thrawn's comment of Ezra's flying skills. As if the writers wanted to put things in perspective.
    - It seems the plotline with the wolves is only the beginning. I'm not that much in this kind of mysticism, but I'm curious where this is going to lead.

- Ezra's nervous "Hey" and his wave to Thrawn. (And Thrawn's "fascinating") I couldn't help but smile at that moment. That's so Ezra and Thrawn.

17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    The White loth-wolf is credited "As Himself", what could it mean? Also interesting that this episode is written by Filoni and Steven Melching.

18. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Those Stormtroopers so concerned over some damn cats kinda made me roll my eyes.

But damn were the cats adorable this episode.

19. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Another good episode for today, the wolves part was incredible.

9/10

TCF-1138 and Master_Rebado like this.
  20. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    ^^^

Agreed 100% on all counts.

9/10

Iron_lord likes this.
  21. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Another good episode. This season is also turning out to be a pretty Ezra and Sabine heavy. They've been the central characters of every single episode so far, but I like their interactions. The fighter combat and seeing Thrawn were great as well. The mysticism with the wolf and cats is interesting and I really hope its going to have a satisfying conclusion.

But I feel like this and the previous episode really showed that Thrawn has no qualms with killing civilians and exploiting planets. The Rebels Thrawn is much more evil and ruthless than the Thrawn we get in the Thrawn novel.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    That was beautiful.

10/10.

23. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I love cats.[face_love]
    White Loth Wolf is weird.
    Pretty good episodes. I can definitely see things picking up.:)

24. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    So whose going to mention Season 1?
    I was expecting one of the Imperials to point out the last time they stole a TIE!
    Using them to test the Defender's capabilities is so Thrawn!
    Scavenging equipment seems to be a speciality maybe they ran into the Freemakers offscreen?

25. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    Its "breathing" didn't do anything. It said "sleep." It was using a Force suggestion to knock her out, Jedi did the same thing at least once in TCW. Turn on your captions, folks. ;)

Pretty sure it was a meta joke not meant to be taken as a personal insult to Empire fans. I've seen people saying one of them was voiced by Filoni, who is obsessed with loth-cats. (Almost as obsessed as he is with wolves. Almost.)