main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.07 - Kindred - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 4, 2017.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 4.07!!
    Kindred
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Monday at 9:00 pm ET on Disney XD. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and Master_Rebado like this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Welp,
    after the fakeout kiss I figured this'd just be a recurring gag this season but nope, they finally went all in. And the shippers rejoiced.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  3. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Aaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!
    Cannot wait to watch it!!!

4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Lothal seems like an early Jedi hub. Makes you wonder if it might tie into TLJ or a potential Old Republic story. Things are getting very interesting. Note Hera and Chopper are the ones gone and the Kanan death flags are flying.We still have half the season to go.

Master_Rebado and cwustudent like this.
  5. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Whoa, one of the best episodes. Not only because
    Kanan and Hera kiss (finally!), but also the whole story. And amazing animation! That bit inside the planet? Spectacular. I love how important Lothal is, how it connects with the force.
    And what the wolf said - does it mean only Kanan is a Jedi? Ezra (still padawan) not at all?.
    So many questions, I love it!!!
    And Hera face in the last scene. She's alone, and she's brave but she hides her worry and sadness... that tiny smile at the end nearly broke me...

SilentGuy66 and Master_Rebado like this.
  6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    giphy.gif

THEY FINALLY KISSED!

7. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015

FINALLY ^:)^

8. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    AHHHHH THEY KISSED FINALLY

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
  10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    All that I will say for now is finally!

11. Mr Bogan

Mr Bogan Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 28, 2016
    Why "Kindred" ? What relationship does that title refer to?

I found it very curious (in that promo vídeo) that Rukh immediately captured the scent of the Lasat, could it be that there's a relation between the Noghri and the Lasat? Similar "hands and "feet", similar eyes, equally bald ... I wonder. (something like, in Star Trek, the Vulcans and the Romulans)

Of course, "Kindred" may also refer to the Jedi and the wolves, since they seem to be (like loth cats also) somewhat connected to the force. In any case, maybe I am thick, but I don't find an obvious reason for this title.

kalzeth, Master_Rebado and cwustudent like this.
  12. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Decent episode, albeit with a couple stumbling moments.

Rukh was pretty threatening by the standards of the show, and I liked Governor Pryce this time for her tactical sense--just rush the rebels with tanks, and then just flatten the mountains they're in with bombers. No more just sending stormtroopers to run at them like Kallus in earlier seasons.

So pretty cool action then and reasonably threatening Imperials--even if Thrawn could've stopped that U-wing just by deploying all of the couple hundred or so TIEs he would've had--the show keeps forgetting that ISDs carry, well, quite a few--but oh well. The things with the wolves was interesting at first, but came off as a weird deus ex machina. It did lead into that little foreboding tidbit at the end, though, which I also liked.

kalzeth likes this.
  13. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    A genetic relation? Idk, but there's a thematic relation that I hope the writers exploit.

14. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Do you think that U-Wing ends up being one of those seen in the Rogue One movie?

Is Rukh part of that prophecy?

15. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Lasats smell if Season 1 is anything to go by.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  16. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i always thought
    Hera and Kanan kissed it would be something akin to this. except instead of pirates it would be stormtroopers firing at them. cause i kid you not i heard the score from POTC 3 (starting at 2:16 of the video) when those two locked lips.

17. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Not as good as previous episodes but still enjoyed it.

- Those wolves were awesome to look at.
    - As usual, the Empire draws the short end of the stick.
    - Still not into that Jedi mysticism stuff but it's part of the game.
    - It seems Thrawn's composure is finally starting to show some cracks. His words to Pryce were revealing regarding that matter too.

- Loved the scenes between Kanan and Hera. Feeling worried they might not see each other again.
    - Great to see Rukh in action. Too bad it was only for a short while. I guess they're saving him for another time.

We get another example of Ezra's approach to killing. He could have shot Rukh after his bike was destroyed. Instead he just makes a gesture and leaves.

18. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I'm sure
    for Kanan, it WAS like that! I LOVE his dopey look right after....[​IMG]

JH24 likes this.
  19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Pretty good. Felt like "calm before the storm"

20. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 17X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    "He's Her Lobster"

21. A Lovable Jerk

A Lovable Jerk Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    THEY FINALLY KISSED!
    [​IMG]

Anyway, this was a great episode. The only part I found dumb was Zeb not telling them he was coming with the carrier, but other than that it was a great episode, with good action and fantastic animation. We finally follow up on what Minister Tua hinted at way back in Siege of Lothol Part I, which we'll hopefully find out more about. Plus, The Call doesn't come off as filler as much anymore as we follow up on Ezra's glowing eyes.

I hope we see more of Rukh, as it was great to hear Warwick Davis play a different role for someone of his size.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    “When are you going to feel you’ve done enough for this rebellion?”
    “I guess when the Empire is overthrown and we are free to live our lives.”

And OMG FINALLY! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Somehow “may the Force be with you” has suddenly taken a different feel.

Loved the Ezra and Zeb wit and banter in this one. Could care less for the chase scenes.

And WTF is that wolf? And they can move people across hemispheres...can I have one and get transported instantaneously to New Zealand?

“How did you people stay alive for so long?” LOL. And “I have a feeling the Empire is doing worse than building TIE defenders.”

I kinda love that look between Hera and Mon Mothma at the end too.

8/10

23. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Excellent episode. Was very happy with it.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Another good episode! And it Finally happened!

25. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    After four seasons of fake outs, it finally happened on-screen! Though given the trend, I don't think this bodes well for Kanan in the future.

"How have you people stayed alive so long?!" Best reaction to all the things the crew has been through. And it's hilarious how Azadi casually goes with them suddenly being in the southern hemisphere.

And those wolves are amazing. And Rukh was really cool too. Can't wait to see more of him. Still I wonder if there's a relation between him/Noghri and the Lasat.

And I got to give Pryce credit too. Bombing the rebels would have worked if not for the unforeseen supernatural elements.

And we got some follow-up on to Minister Tua's warning back in "The Siege of the Lothal". It's definitely something to do with Kyber Crystals.