main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.09 - Rebel Assault - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 11, 2017.

1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    This was a good episode overall even though usual issues were there like obvious character shields, stupid and incompetent imperials etc.
    + X-Wings- were have these babies been all this time- finally we have these iconic fighters in rebel ranks
    + Rebels have heavy losses like they should be in this era- no way their attack could work.
    + Little thing but way Pryce shot Hera with stun shot was hilarious:p- so... bitchy...

- Way how easy rebels ships got through blockade was not at all believable- they didn't have any capital ships like blockade runners- and Y-wings didn't even utilize their ion torpedos or bombs (which would have been logical I think to make an opening) they just fly through getting a bit losses from tie fighters- although it seems obvious Thrawn planned two waves beforehand just in case and it worked but all this makes imperials look inept in so many ways. They had clearly enough fire power to stop rebels from getting through the first wave- why all those capital ships didn't do anything?- surely they had to avoid hitting their own fighters now, but still I would imagine military genius Thrawn positioning them more wisely- At least I think that if fighters would have attacked first (not last) and weakened rebels before they try to get past star destroyers no ship would have got past the blockade with all flak fire from capital ships and ties would have been away from the line of friendly fire. But they had to write Thrawn dumb for Hera to survive and explain it all by Hera just being so damn good.
    - Vult Skerris was stupid Konstantine V2- why these idiotic imperials don't listen Thrawn- I guess pride combined with insubordination and common stupidity is a common problem in imperial ranks....

2. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    So...Hera has flown an A-Wing, a B-Wing, and a X-Wing. Has she ever flown a Y-Wing on the show??

whostheBossk and Master_Rebado like this.
  3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I think she Launchpad McQuacked a Y-wing just a few episodes ago.

Edit: I think it was at the beginning of "In the Name of the Rebellion Part 1."

4. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    There you go...and throw in Ryder's busted up U-Wing and she has flown all of them.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  6. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Unfortunately, thanks to Forces of Destiny series we know that Hera is on Endor after the battle so her getting captured by Thrawn didn't have that full sting as I think it should have. (We also know she's on Yavin during the events of Rogue One too so there's that as well.) I was really hoping the episode was leading to Kanan's sacrifice, but then the episode ended with the weird wolf stuff.

7. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Great episode. The space battle was very exciting and I loved it although sending two dozens fighters against a massive Imperial blockade was ridiculous. I see as well that it's still pretty easy to destroy a Star Destroyer...

I did like Thrawn opening fire after Skerris disobeyed his orders. He's not going to let his stupidity stop him from doing what he needs to do.

The animation of the night scenes on Lothal continue to impress and it was a terrific score. I'm enjoying the Loth-Wolf storyline as well.

Master_Rebado and Snafu55 like this.
  8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    We've known since Rogue One and the subsequent books, leading up to the event of the movie, that Hera survives Rebels.

revan772 and Master_Rebado like this.
  9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    my biggest gripe with this episode was that "sacrifice" There was no emotional value to it because we know Hera survives and I don't think most of us really care much about Mart. I guess they were going for a sort of Saving Private Ryan effect, since we already saw Mart's uncle die. This episode succeeds as a set up, but it fails as an individual episode and mid season finale.

kalzeth and JH24 like this.
  10. Tassy

Tassy Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2017
    But the poor Hera might still be tortured and interrogated before Kanan rescues her...

11. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017

Yeah, as a mid-season finale it lacked impact. Looking back, what was missing the most for me personally was emotion.

Except for Kanan, who was visibly upset and even lashed out against the Lothwolf, everyone else seemed barely phased about what happened to Hera. (They didn't even mention Chopper) They're supposed to be a family.

Vialco and kalzeth like this.
  12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Been there, done that with Kanan in season one. The fact that this happened to Kanan in S1 makes it even more of a shrug off. Plus Hera already was roughed up by Fenn Rau, so it's not like there would be an additional emotional factor from seeing the mother-figure of the Ghost crew roughed up again.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  13. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    The space battle was the best part. I could have watched 22 minutes of that.

I totally forgot about Mart and Sato and Iron Squadron. Speaking of, where are Gooti and Jonner?

Side note: Anyone else besides me semi hoping that Porkins was going to be part of the assault?

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    According to the episode gallery though:

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels/rebel-assault-episode-gallery

it still said Dume. Maybe whoever was subtitling it, was unaware of the Caleb Dume thing?

15. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I completely forgot about Iron Squadron and had no idea who Mart was. Not surprised at him surviving either since named Rebels have a much higher chance of survival than named Imperials.

16. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Why did they replace the X-Wing's powerful 'WAP WAP WAP' cannon sounds with the Ghost's impotent 'fweep fweep fweep' ones?

Alpha-Red, Blackhole E Snoke and JH24 like this.
  17. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Per Rebels Recon...Gooti and Jonner are back on Yavin.

Minor gripe here...why did Mart keep his helmet on after the crash...they have his head on file...all they needed to do was cut an paste it. When Hera got to his crash site he could have been helmetless.

18. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Good episode, sad part is we have to wait a long time to see what happens :( Wish they went into how they got the Xwings.

JH24 likes this.
  19. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    When they first saw the Rebel fighters burning up there was emotion...but they got it under control. And they know well enough that 1/2 a dozen people on speeder bikes ain't going to do much to help crashed pilots E&E out of an Imperial occupied city. This is what would happen in the real world.

JH24 likes this.
  20. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Worth noting about Skerris: He was the one who assumed Hera was with Ezra in the Defender Elite three episodes back. Seems like he had some fixation on her, likely due to her skill, and may have wanted a chance to best her.

JH24 likes this.
  21. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    But at this point shouldn’t thrawn just kill Hera. Or have ruhk kill her. How many star destroyers is he going to let her take out. And he should know Phoenix squadron will come rescue her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Pretty intense episode.

Especially that “oh hell to the no” moment at the end. I wish Ezra had gotten captured instead.

I loved seeing Hera go full-on badass before then though. And this episode was the one where I could dig the presence of the wolf.

If Kanan does end up dying while trying to save Hera, I really will hate Dave Filoni. :(

23. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

That's because Ezra and co have seen Rogue One and knows Hera survives to the Battle of Scarif.

JH24 likes this.
  24. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    another star destroyer bites the dust

Alpha-Red likes this.
  25. RexTano

RexTano Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2017
    Ok, so I know it's "Dume" and what that means, but is it ALSO "Doom", and if so, to what end? I realize that know one here knows the answer (and if they didn't they wouldn't be posting it). But, what are the most promising guesses? Are they referring to the Death Star? To Kanan's soon to be doom? Is there a third meaning to it, another homonym? Are they foretelling a horrible end for the entire Rebels crew (save Hera, Chopper and the Ghost)? Is "Doom/Dume" the "D" in DJ? Is there a place, a Jedi or Sith temple that sounds like "doom"? Is he plugging the latest version of the classic video game?

She knows where the rebel base is and if killed wouldn't be able to reveal or lead them to it. Thrawn and the rest of the top empire leadership has repeatedly shown that it's more than willing to sacrifice untold lives and ships to defeat the rebellion. It's the Leia captured on the Death Star storyline all over again, with Thrawn as Tarkin and Pryce/Rukh as Vader. They're Doooooooooomed!