main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.12 - Wolves and a Door - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 24, 2018.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 4.12!!
    Wolves and a Door
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Monday at 9:00 pm ET on Disney XD. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Well

An addition image has apparently appeared on iTunes and it shows Ashoka v Vader - but a scene we never saw in Rebels. Hmmm

3. silvereyed

silvereyed Jedi Knight

Sep 6, 2016
    Link?

4. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    [​IMG]

MrDarth0 likes this.
  5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Looks like the fight is in a tunnel

6. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    I'm looking forward to it. But I might hold off watching it until the weekend or the finale. (But knowing myself, I probably give in within a few days)

I'm really amazed how well Dave Filoni has kept the ending of this series a secret. There are so many theories right now, and it still feels impossible to predict how it will end. I love it.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  7. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    There are some huge spoilers (I have no idea if valid) on tv thropes site.

I get that
    Ahsoka needs her conclusion but why now? When only three episodes left...

8. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    What page specifically? I looked up the one that said Recap and didn't find anything we might not already know. I know I should wait but I can't and chances are I'd be spoiled by tomorrow morning anyway since I'll be waiting till then. I guess to prevent spoilers they dropped them from going up early? Or maybe that's been the case always and I missed the memo. Interestingly we only had one clip released as a preview and it wasn't spoilery. My guess is they want to keep this and the finale under wraps so they are being careful as to what they want to release.

9. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Five episodes left actually.

And that picture is very intriguing.

10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    must...not...click...

11. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    You must click. Embrace your destiny.

[​IMG]

12. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I could not resist and went to tv tropes. Nothing too spoiler-y, so not too mad at myself for clicking it, but I will say I am more hype now then I was. I need to watch these episodes right now... must resist potential spoilers...

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    OMGOMGOMGOMG! I just worked something out. If I've got this right, this could be a HUGE spoiler (be warned)

Ashoka's and Kanan's deaths mirror each other. Go back and watch both deaths. She pushed Ezra away before the explosion and Kanan did the same with Hera. We NEVER see the aftermath (i.e the body) and others escape via air. How did Kanan know he had to potentially sacrifice himself?! ASHOKA HAD TO HAVE TOLD HIM. The wolf was not Ashoka but she somehow spoke to Kanan through them. "I know what I have to do" was what Kanan said after seeing the wolf for a final time, before the mid season break.

But what could be the link between The Wolves and Kanan.

The Bendu. Upon death, it became One with the Force. It is behind everything. Ashoka and Kanan are in a different world, with The Bendu, provide a guiding influence.

@Todd the Jedi this is the smartest or most stupidest theory I have ever posted lol

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  14. Mr Bogan

Mr Bogan Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 28, 2016
    Hmmm, it's na interesting theory, but the dark side question remains. If the Bendu replaces the father, Ashoka the Daughter, Kanan ? I could go with the Grand Inquisitor joining the party (he does look a lot like the son ...) but Kanan ?

MandaloreRex2015 and revan772 like this.
  15. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    + References to Raiders, 2001 ASO, and Close Encounters.
    + Minister Malcolm McDowell!

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well this lead into a trippy episode.

Really good though.

cwustudent likes this.
  17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    No way far from it. This was a 1980’s acid trip gone bad. I’m confused as hell as to what these two episodes are about.

Guidman likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Saving Ahsoka really. That was basically their purpose.

cwustudent and vong333 like this.
  19. A Lovable Jerk

A Lovable Jerk Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    This first episode is hard to judge due to the increasingly arc structure of the story, but still very, very much enjoyable. Loved the trippy moments towards the end the paintings and the the Mortis ones have finally come back into play after seven years. Plus Malcolm McDowell!

Star Wars has had Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, Tim Curry, Ian McDiarmid, and now Malcolm McDowell, all we need is David Warner and the 'awesome british guys who are most famous for playing villains and having cool, distinct voices' list is pretty much set.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Technically it's not McDowell's first foray into Star Wars.

21. A Lovable Jerk

A Lovable Jerk Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    Oh yeah! New head canon for RC SW, that's Hyden before he was promoted to... Imperial Archeologist or something.

22. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Basically a set up for WBW, interesting in that regard, but otherwise uneventful.

23. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    Great introduction and the new character was great, at first I thought he was Vader’s servant in RO.

cwustudent likes this.
  24. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I think this is why I have largely been disappointed in the show since the end of Season Two. We got too much filler with episode after episode of the Ghost crew getting in scrapes and then escaping unharmed against the odds. I would have much rather have had the promise of the great Season Two finale explored over two seasons, but instead it feels like Filoni has left everything to the last minute and is performing a tick box exercise to give quick, final explanations for everything. Even more frustrating is, of course, the fact that it was all planned out in advance (as the Topps trading cards attest to) so it's not like he had to do it that way, so for me the show hasn't ended up being as good as it could have been.

Oh well. As long as the finale is good. I do, however, now think we know how it likely ends...

Thrawn and Governor Price die in a final battle on Lothal as Ezra ends up stuck in the netherworld of the force explored in this episode, taken back there by Ahsoka after he has won the day. Zeb either goes out in the battle or leaves the Rebellion afterwards. Final episode ends with a direct link into Rogue One/New Hope.

25. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    hyden reminded me of Belloq from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

jade_nova likes this.