main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.12 - Wolves and a Door - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 24, 2018.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Favorite. Episodes. Ever.
    + Hologram Palpatine voiced by the man himself!
    + I like the new bad guy, sure he's also all about art but at least it's not Thrawn, thank God.
    + No Thrawn beside a fake hologram
    + Everything about the Mortis god painting. Especially when it starts moving.
    + Those wolves in circle, I remember seeing them somewhere... I know where this is going.
    9/10 easily.

revan772, cwustudent and Snafu55 like this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    @Ahsoka's Tano brought up an interesting point in another thread.

Where is Ahsoka, right now, in the timeline? Past, present or future? It brings up so many questions and a variety of possibilities. If 'future Ezra' saved her at the end of season two finale, then did she die in that Ezra's past? Was Ahsoka dead up until Eza, in the present, saved her thus creating a different timeline? OR has current Ahsoka, after being saved, gone back in time to convince past Ahsoka NOT to confront Vader because Anakin cannot be saved? Or (promise, final point) has Ahsoka been sent into the future to guide Luke and stop him from abandoning the Force?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    @DANNASUK, my guess would be that present Ahsoka had to basically go on gardening leave and avoid doing anything up until the point Ezra rescued her to ensure that the exact sequence of events happened that led to her rescue. Now she's reached that point in the timeline, she can choose to intervene again.

Was she ever 'dead'? I'd say no, because SW is big on destiny, meaning she was always supposed to be rescued.

Thinking about this is giving me a headache.

4. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I wonder what was the original plan before Filoni changed his mind about her coming back on Rebels.

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    We are yet to know if saving her was the Will of the Force or Ezra acting on emotions.

6. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Great intro for the next episode, that i am watching right now.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I've always been big on the space and time continuum (The BTTF trilogy remains among my favorites); and I liked how that scene explains what happens on Malachor after the Ghost Crew left. We see Vader hobbling off in shatters; then we see a faint image of Ahsoka descending stairs, but she seems unfazed. Ezra saved her from Vader and the impending explosion of the Temple. And by saving her, she was there to talk him out of saving Kanan. It helped Ahsoka as much as it did Ezra himself.

AhsokaSolo and DANNASUK like this.
  8. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I got a really big Indiana Jones And The Raiders Of The Lost Ark feel from this episode everything from the visuals to the music, from basically the well of souls and the scene when the Nazi's open the Ark. did anyone else get the Indiana Jones feel from this episode?

cwustudent and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I certainly liked the 2D effects of the painting coming alive. It's something Disney's done in their movies on occasion.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    She seemed to be sent back just after her Vader fight. So she seems to be stuck on Malacore.

11. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I thought that effect was called 3-D? They used to do 3-D effects on Futurama when the Planet Express Ship was flying and what not!

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    3D is essentially the computer animation as it is. 2D is essentially "old school"; where the objects and characters are flat on screen.
    [​IMG]

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  13. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Indiana Jones meets Mortis - what a strangely interesting episode. Hyden was a good character to introduce before the OT era, I honestly wish his name was Sim Aloo, so they could have one of the Imperial Dignitaries from ROTJ have some backstory on screen.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm glad you're here, @Mother_Talzin cause I had something on my mind. Is it safe to assume that Sidious learned to use the dark magic from his "relationship" with Talzin and the Nightsisters? I mean you see him chanting over that chanting like a witch/warlock over the cauldron (which was seen during the Yoda arc of TCW's Season 6), and it doesn't really remind you of anything related to the Force.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Mother_Talzin likes this.
  15. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I don't think she is stuck on Malachor to be honest. If those Topps cards are correct, it seems that Mori/Mirai (I don't know the spelling) seems to be guiding her down the steps of the temple on Malachor into a portal as well. So my guess is that she is going to use the portal there to go elsewhere.

revan772 likes this.
  16. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    It was established in the final CW season that he and Dooku were using sorcery, but he absolutely took knowledge from Talzin and other Force sensitive mystics and cultures for his own benefit. As I've mentioned before, he leeched off other Force traditions to try to become the most powerful being the galaxy has known. That Force lightning / fire certainly looked like blue spirit ichor though, and may very well have been a perversion of Nightsister magicks.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Yeah, that's how I took it.

18. jade_nova

jade_nova Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2016
    Was that Malcom McDowell voicing the Imperial Minister?

Nice to see I wasn't the only one getting a Raiders vibe from this episode.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2018
    Darth Downunder likes this.
  19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Yes.

20. jade_nova

jade_nova Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2016
    I thought so but the credits get compressed so I can't read them.

21. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Veris Hydan is apparently his full name, and unfortunately he is listed as dead on his wiki. I figured he died from that fall / collapse, but he would have been a nice character to see in other media. I wish he survived and was an established Imperial Dignitary from ROTJ.

cwustudent likes this.
  22. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I really dug the animation on the Jedi Temple with the moving Lothwolves. It reminded me very much of the kind of FX/animation you would see in 80s action films.

It's pretty cool hearing The Emperor speaking to a character voiced by Malcolm McDowell.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    @jade_nova Don't post more than once in a row; use the edit button to add to a post.

24. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    "If my calculations are correct, when the wolves hit 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious ****." :p

fett 4 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    They did see some serious stuff when the wolves entered hyper force mode.