main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.15/4.16 - Family Reunion - and Farewell (SERIES FINALE!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 3, 2018.

1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Another interesting observation I found on Reddit:
    [​IMG]

Ahsoka's staff is similar in design to the symbols on the Mortis mural, representing the travel lines between planets and times in the WBW.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, I noticed that.

3. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I suppose we can add "Why not just use Frequency Zero to summon a horde of space whales" to the same list as "Why not just Hyperspace Ram everything?"

Cool storytelling device, but dang if it doesn't rob later battles shown in earlier films of their tense feeling

I wonder if Palpatine was watching the battle of Endor and going "The whales are gonna show up....now... No? Okay...now! Dang. Surely now, after we destroyed the medical frigate..."

revan772, Seerow, V-2 and 4 others like this.
  4. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Found the end a little off to be honest. Left me feeling like they spat on the original story lines.

So luke wasnt the last hope for the universe.
    So did Hera have the kid after the Endor battle or before? This left me confused. Did she fight while pregnant? If it was after wouldn’t the kid be older? At first I thought Rex was the father then realised Its Kanan. And Hera looked older.

I think Ezra and Sabine will turn out to be Reys parents, just a hunch I have. Perhaps Sabine will find him and they procreate.

Finally the old guy on Endor can’t be Rex, isn’t he Nik Sant?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  5. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
  6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    So, time frame wise, we're at the start/just after Bloodline novel? Leia is pregnant with Ben at this point.

7. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    revan772 likes this.
  8. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    It was a pretty good ending. I was taken out of it by the space whales though. I didn't like the throwaway episode they appeared in the first time. And I ESPECIALLY don't like that they were used as a major plot devise in the series finale.

Rennzwerg likes this.
  9. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Boy, Ezra and Ryder's stupidity is only rivaled by Pryce's.

They give exact coordinates with no guarantee Pryce would even show up. Pryce wastes battalions of men trying to (((capture))) them, instead of telling Thrawn where they are. The alternative action would put herself at no risk while still getting credit.

Then his Star Destroyers bathe the target area in absolute hellfire.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    LordDallos likes this.
  10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Lol that image still makes me laugh [face_rofl]

SienneRe likes this.
  11. Dame sans merci

Jan 17, 2016
    Correct.

Am I being pedantic when I say I was annoyed Sabine named Endor as pretty much the end of the war, given we know they fought on for another year?

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't think Space Whales would or could stop the Empire, let alone Sidious and Vader. That is preposterous. Dark Siders might be evil but they're not impotent Force users. Its like these creators follow no internal consistent storytelling and just want things however they write them. If anything the Empire would start strapping harnesses on Purgils like Cylo's abominations and its not clear how whales were able to sneak up upon & overcome Star Destroyers, thats like having to believe a giant squid or blue whale is gonna sneak up and take down modern US military Destroyers and Aircraft Carriers and crews and weapons are emo & useless.

Probably the episode was already made before Jakku was fleshed out in the books(and Battlefront 2) and they were too lazy and cheap to go back and tweak it any. Plus From a Certain Point of View also needs an update too,lol.

If the tentacles were wrapped around both Thrawn and the damaged ship and dragged into hyperspace, its not likely Thrawn would make it out alive unless they once again fantasy it all out to get him to survive and becomes Ahab .

I wonder why Filoni shut down Katie Lucas from having Dathomirian werewolves which he thought was too Twilight from what I remember and yet introduces ludicrous fantasy creatures and plot devices that save the heroes and the day. Basically ranging from the Bendu which seems taken from Morla and Rock Biter of The Never Ending Story to giant wolves and giant space whales and stargates that lead into Fantasia. Its like he really want the bad guys to be killed off by almost every single fantasy work ranging from Direwolves of Westeros, Spice Worms of Arrakis and Stargates of Ra & whatever.

V-2, fett 4 and Rennzwerg like this.
  13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I think that Ezra's connection to Purgills was also important- I think that he had some sort of control over what they did- that seems to be his specialty in the Force, to communicate with animals. Still they were not fully controlled there and if purgills would have been summoned to Endor they would probably just mindlessly destroy parts of both fleets and maybe drag them away without anyone in control of their actions, so it is not a really good tactic for anyone except one specialized in using it but nor Luke or Emperor is specialized in that, Ezra is, he seems to have natural ability to form strong bonds with animals and he took a huge risk that this time paid off, it was not guaranteed purgills arrive, but I think Ezra had a vision that they will.

Hyperspace ramming has that one tiny problem that it is suicide and destruction of your own ship (that needs to be rather large). It is rarely used for that exact reason, besides it is unsure if it actually destroys the intended target it may fail if the target has full power in shields during the impact etc. I don't think Snoke's ship was prepared to take such a hit, if it would be tactic used all the time then everyone would expect it. But sure attacks by suicide bombings and kamikazes are effective, just not usually the best way to defeat the enemy. It is probably also possible to somehow summon (maybe by using food, pheromones etc.)and send rampaging elephants to destroy cities in real life, but is it really a good tactic and why it is so rarely used? There are multiple reasons for that- similarly I think in Star Wars universe there are multiple reasons why no one summons purgills to destroy fleet every time it is possible.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The epilogue takes place after the OT.

15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    My headcanon is that Hera flew one of the B-Wings at Endor.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean Rex was also in the battle.

17. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Not correct.

Bloodline takes place in 28 ABY when Ben Solo is already a young man.
    I think you confused it with Aftermath: Empire's End where Ben is born.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

revan772 likes this.
  18. Dame sans merci

Jan 17, 2016
    Ah, thank you, I had indeed confused my titles.

I know Chuck Wendig's writing style isn't to everybody's tastes, but I did really like his world building, and would certainly be down for him tackling a post-series Rebels book.

revan772 likes this.
  19. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    No worries. I often confuse things myself.
    Regarding the io9 link, is Germain Lussier even an official source? Because the kid didn't look 10 to me too. More like 5 or 6.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Jacen definitely looked to be 6 at the most.

21. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    There's no reason not to do it, as long as the enemy ends up taking more damage than you do. Trading a cruiser and one person for a Super Star Destroyer and thousands of its crew is easily worth it. But, even if you're not willing to carry out a kamikaze attack, well this is Star Wars...just use a droid pilot.

Vinylshadow likes this.
  22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    So, can we assume then, the Rebels final scene took place at the start of Aftermath: Empire's End timeline?

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm not sure what are you even trying to say actually:confused:- there is definitely always reason NOT to do it- damage is not measure of everything even in war. Many times having a giant working battle cruiser is better than just damaging the enemy by taking down their one cruiser. Honestly your logic and morality seems messed up to me. It's like saying blowing oneself up is always good idea on the battlefield if it takes at least two enemies with you.... it doesn't work like that. War is not only mathematics. Besides in ultimate counting a soldier that lives through a battle can do more damage and kill more enemies than one that blows himself up and kills more enemies than friendlies with that one blow.

Same with battlecruisers- a single hyperspace jump towards enemy cruiser takes down both ships (if they are both big enough and/or if attack is aimed well)) but it is extremely stupid and costly compared to using that cruiser effectively in battle, it can take more than one cruiser down during the war without taking that huge damage at once. It is more like desperate last move. It is also possible in real life to destroy a battleship by steering own battleship at it- but it probably takes down both ships, causing damage and wasting own resources at the same time. Japanese kamikazes in WW2 are real-life proof that suicide- tactic is not really that effective- it causes huge enemy losses at once sure, but did Japan win? Hyperspace technology doesn't really change that logic much- it is not good idea to crash battlecruisers all the time while it is possible.

Problem is also psychological, mentally healthy non-self-destructive person is not willing to take certain death if there is option to fight and survive. Sure even if there is a fanatic person willing to do suicide, others may still not want to loose that possibly good tactician, marksman etc. just to damage to one enemy ship(or a fleet of them). And I have got the impression that rebel alliance values droids lives as well, at least under normal circumstances- so they are not willing to throw them away just to damage a few enemy vessels- especially when Empire has thousands of them and rebels don't have that many cruisers in the first place- if they would start crashing- rebels would run out of cruisers first. Besides I think that droid can be easily hacked- so if empty battle cruiser is droid-piloted and on collision course- enemy could possibly access the droid and change the course so that only kamikaze-ship is destroyed.

Fandalorian and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  24. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I think that takes place after Empire's End (The Battle of Jakku) As to how far after, I have no idea. Word on the street is that Sabine's epilogue takes place 10 years after I pressume the Battle of Lothal? But I haven't found any confirmation of that. If true, then that scene would be 3 years after Empire's End.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Or just Ghost...