main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.15/4.16 - Family Reunion - and Farewell (SERIES FINALE!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 3, 2018.

1. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    It's more of a case of them saying no to The Emperor in that particular scenario.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'll respond with what I said in the "Grade episode" thread, to continue the discussion:
    My take on that is SW doesn't have to revolve around Luke. Just because Ezra "defied" Palpatine by not taking the bait that he can reunite with his parents has far more to do with Ezra's maturity than it does with well only Luke is the one who cannot be brainwashed by the Emperor. It was a very emotional scene, and I'm glad it was included. Ezra's journey began because he sought to find out the truth about his parents. It's appropriate that it reached the climax by that scene, where he meets his most powerful adversary, that they play a role in it.

3. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    So Sabine and Ahsoka have to go looking for Ezra, just the same as Rey had to go look for Luke. Anyone want to take bets on what color milk Ezra's been having to drink to survive?

You know, that's been one of the things I've found tragic about these kids. They've got robbed of their childhood! What Ezra and Sabine went through, is nothing a teenager or young adult should ever have to endure!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    revan772 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    My bet is purple milk.

I really want some sitcom with Thrawn and Ezra as roommates or something

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

6. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    I am wondering what happened after they went to ... wherever it is they went to. Filoni said Ezra's still alive, and we know that Ezra doesn't tend to stay in jail for too long (I wonder if Thrawn, knowing that, would have even bothered.) So either Ezra escaped the star destroyer, or the two came to some sort of accord (which would be better for Ezra, since wherever they went, probably doesn't have anyone he's remotely accustomed to interacting with.)

7. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Honestly I feel like the only reason why Sheev managed to brainwash Anakin was due to Anakin's own particular "issues" making him more susceptible to it (I mean Sheev was practically spelling out that he was a Sith at points, and Anakin still didn't catch onto it). Luke and Ezra, don't really have those same issues, so Sheev's "sales pitch" doesn't work as well on them.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Plus the fact that Anakin figures that if he can't necessarily go to the Jedi for guidance, his friend the Chancellor is the next best thing.

9. The Haqq Knight

The Haqq Knight Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2018
    Three questions I had about the finale:
    1. Why did Ezra HAVE to leave with the purrgils?
    2. Why did Ezra simply not return or why not have the purrgils bring him back?
    3. Why not simply eliminate Thrwan there and then? Why was it necessary to leave with him?
    Narrative flaws that arose as I was watching and have bugged me ever since. Thoughts?

10. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    1: because he's not in the OT.
    2: see 1
    3: because neither Thrawn nor Ezra are in the OT, and Filoni has not the gonads to kill either of them.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The fans would despise him if he had killed Thrawn.

cwustudent and Alpha-Red like this.
  12. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    True, but plenty despise him already for not killing Ahsoka or Ezra.

cwustudent likes this.
  13. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Which is silly, there is to many bloodthirsty star wars fans who don't care about the directions, "Oh I want mehhh deaths" that is pretty much it.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Or on the other hand perhaps they do care and to them she must die for continuity

15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    But it's a yes or no thing. Its not open to the fans for interpretation - she survived. It's fine that people don't like it, though I don't understand why. I think "headcanon" is getting out of control. To each their own, I suppose. What's important to me is how they continue the story and explain the hows and whys. It shouldn't be political or philosophical if it's already spelled out. This isn't something they're going to forget about and not address.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    ^This

17. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    The story will continue I'm sure

18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Which shows THEIR lack of imagination/creativity, not Filoni's. Because he found a way to keep her alive AND explain why she wasn't in the OT (same with Ezra).

19. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    ^ Legend.

20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    to be fair, we have the explanation for Ezra, Sabine, and Thrawn's abscence, but Ahsoka was sort of a tag on to the epilogue. She isn't a jedi by Yoda's considerations - that should be good enough, but some still take offense that she's still around. There will undoubtedly be more of her story, we just have to wait. Unfortunately, we'll never hear the end of how other people think Star Wars should be, and how Star Wars doesn't live up to their respective expectations.

revan772 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I will give credit where it is due.

22. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    Just because there is an explanation doesn't mean everyone has an obligation to think it's a good or well-written explanation or else they're just jealous, bloodthirsty, unimaginative haters.

V-2, La Calavera, fett 4 and 2 others like this.
  23. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    You know, why did they show Ahsoka at the end there? It would have made more sense just to have that portal dump her onto some unknown world somewhere and she'd be out in nowhere just like Ezra...which would conveniently explain her absence in the OT.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There are ways to explain her absence anyway like her being stuck on malacore for a long time.

25. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    She should be absent. Her existence put others in dangers. Plenty reasons to chill, Ben Kenobi-style, until the war is over.